Academy General Topic

smetrov

Barry looked dangerous, could have scored a couple of goals, probably England's best player. Ramsey's playing very deep so isn't really getting into the game all that much, although he has put in some good tackles and looks very tidy in possession. England seem to be lacking something in central midfield, which Chukwuemeka could probably provide, so hopefully he gets a chance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

Confirmation that Philogene-Bidace wasn't involved with the England U19 game, think it's likely that he was the player that had to drop out and replaced by Dion Rankine from the standby iist.

the female third official confirmed he wasn't there, she said 'Philogene is not my lover, he's just a guy who claimed Korean forwards are the ones, but Heung Min is not my Son.'

• Thanks 1

Said before and just in the Chuk thread IMO the PL plays the U23s games the wrong way round, they play them before the PL game so the liklihood of playing 90 mins for the U23s and then sitting on the bench is slim

What they should do is play the U23s after, 90 mins + 10 mins in 2 days is harder and more unlikely than 10 mins + 90 mins

April 25th the U23s play boro on the Sunday, 1st team play Saturday 24th vs West brom

Perfect opportunity to have some yoof on the bench 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's been injured for most of the season IIRC.

Real shame about Shakpoke, it sounded like he was close to the Norwich first team when we signed him so I thought he might get on our bench at some point.

Shame we bombed out of the league cup so meekly, would have been good to see more of our youth play this season.

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Real shame about Shakpoke, it sounded like he was close to the Norwich first team when we signed him so I thought he might get on our bench at some point.

Shame we bombed out of the league cup so meekly, would have been good to see more of our youth play this season.

Yes, I'd have liked to have seen him. Think DJ Campton-Sturridge has been injured most of the season as well, he started out brightly.

Already made his debut for Bournemouth's first team, I imagine he would come straight into our U23 team. He's a left footed right winger, and if Tyreik Wright goes back out on loan next season then there's going to be a space on that side.

• Like 2

Â