Pre-season General chat

Demitri_C

On 05/08/2020 at 00:44, villakram said:

Leeds will be concerning, but I think we should be able to finish above the other 2 promoted clubs and with Newcastle about to revert to the mean, things are looking good!

Also remember that Palace have lost 9 games in a row or something.

• Like 1

As far as we are concerned I think we finished the season pretty well and can hopefully build on that confidence.

Apart from the teams who were relegated others finished the season out of form and losing matches which plays on their confidence a little, Palace an obvious example.

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Suprised no fixtures have been announced. Season is what 4-5 weeks away. I guess it will be local games like walsall Coventry forest etc 

European games are still going on so the season isn't technically over yet.

21 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Premier League season starts September 12th...

Under four weeks!

As is usually the case there has been another 'fixture leak', supposedly we are away to Spuds (again).

Don't think there is much in it TBH, Same list also has both Manc teams and both Yam teams all play at home. 

The hotel in the pictures I’ve seen on Twitter looks like the hotel next door to Cardiff’s training ground. I assume we’re using their facilities while we train in Wales. Team bonding away from home is the same in Wales as it would be abroad I guess!

(I know the hotel from a work conference I did there last year)

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1

On 22/08/2020 at 11:40, useless said:

It might be that we're going to play a few friendlies but aren't releasing details beforehand, today our U23s played Leamington FC and after the game they tweeted this...

Obviously a behind closed doors warm up game for Messi before he joins the 1st team.

Don't want all the press there when a new player is trying to bed into the Aston Villa way :thumb:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I think Nyland played in one of the games also.

Nyland played in a third 60 mins with no other players and still lost 1-0 

as is the old adage, today was more about fitness than the result 😉

• Like 1

Noticed the likes of Spurs, Everton and Liverpool are all broadcasting their preseason friendlies and they are very accessible on YouTube and elsewhere. Why are we so secretive about our friendlies? Not the best way to engage your fanbase.  

• Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 15:35, nepal_villan said:

Noticed the likes of Spurs, Everton and Liverpool are all broadcasting their preseason friendlies and they are very accessible on YouTube and elsewhere. Why are we so secretive about our friendlies? Not the best way to engage your fanbase.  

We did as well pre Villa TV

• Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 14:35, nepal_villan said:

the problem is that the fanbase gets engaged for the wrong reasons with friendlies. we play some lower league side and dont batter them then it's just another thing for the fans to whinge about. it seems like a very clear message that we are playing warm up matches for fitness purposes only...and that they will not be communicating match results in any way shape or form. i kinda like that to be honest.

• Like 1

Â