Summer Goners 2020

maqroll

All the youngsters that aren't getting new contracts have already been released. Based on the ruthless cull last summer I would say

JOTA

Lansbury

Elmo (maybe) 

Hogan

The rest will depend on bids received , Guilbert, Hause, 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

personally i think we need to keep the majority of the squad. (and add to it)

We had a very shallow squad this season, and buying 5 / selling 5 etc isn't the answer.

we need to keep our best players if at all possible, and then add 5-6 quality players.

Players like Trez, El Ghazi, Jota etc, i think would be perfectly suitable as squad players.

the players i would get rid of however are:

Nyland

Kalinic

Lansbury

For me, all other players can play a part, as part of the wider squad, giving us more depth.

I agree 100% with you. With better players the fringe players can improve too. It's such a effing relief we've stayed up. I wish I was the transfer dealing bloke lol.

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Who is sold or released?

No one yet 😋

Who will be sold or released:

Hopefully the list above this post from RBCUK.

Edited by Dave-R

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

All the youngsters that aren't getting new contracts have already been released. Based on the ruthless cull last summer I would say

JOTA

Lansbury

Elmo (maybe) 

Hogan

The rest will depend on bids received , Guilbert, Hause, 

Why Guilbert out of interest?

OUT: Kalinic, Lansbury, Davis on loan

I think I'd just add to the rest. 

It's lunacy to get rid of players after they're done with their first season. They often develop a lot from that. And it's hard to excel under the continued pressure of a relegation fight. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

Hourihane is not going anywhere. 

I hope he does, he goes missing in most games, one ok game then it’s like we’re playing with 10 men, need better in central midfield 

• Like 1

Just now, rbcuk said:

I hope he does, he goes missing in most games, one ok game then it’s like we’re playing with 10 men, need better in central midfield 

We do need better. His stats since he came back in the team are one of the reasons we're staying up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Why Guilbert out of interest?

Don't think he is good enough. His positional sense is non existent - sure he works hard - and has a good last ditch tackle on him - but that's not enough at this level.

• Thanks 1

We cannot have a cyclical clear out. It doesn’t work.

we should keep most of the squad. Release the absolute dead wood or sell for a profit. 

not sure who is out of contract anyway as that may help make decisions easy for us.

Sign Reina as second keeper(if he's willing to sit on the bench). Take your pick between Nyland and Steer as third choice and boot the other out. Kalinic should be gone. No idea how good Sarkic is, but if he is good enough than I am willing to have him as third choice.

Get rid of Taylor and bring in another left back.

Get rid of Bree

Get rid of Nakamba and Lansbury and get in at least one more CM. Preferably a big, bruising destroyer who's also aerially dominant.