Summer Goners 2020

maqroll

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Seems to me our fans have not really learned anything about last season. Changing the squad again will be a disaster. We keep most of the squad except Lansbury and kalinic and sign 5/6 new first teamers. Then guys like Samatta, Trez etc become squad players that are useful.

Only a couple games ago this was the worst squad we've ever had. A few people on here were ridiculed for daring to say Newcastle etc had a worse squad than us. 

Edited by TreeVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

Only a couple games ago this was the worst squad we've ever had. Few people on hear were ridiculed for daring to say Newcastle etc had a worse squad than us. 

I for one didn't. Team spirit is important for us next season.

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Seems to me our fans have not really learned anything about last season. Changing the squad again will be a disaster. We keep most of the squad except Lansbury and kalinic and sign 5/6 new first teamers. Then guys like Samatta, Trez etc become squad players that are useful.

Smith is saying literally today how hard it has been to build a culture after last year’s massive turnaround. You are right that there is zero percent chance of a big clearout.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Smith is saying literally today how hard it has been to build a culture after last year’s massive turnaround. You are right that there is zero percent chance of a big clearout.

The one thing they've shown along with Dean Smith is that they've got character and bottle. 

• Like 1

The players who have seen very little game time will go. The rest will stay. Apart from Grealish who I think is gone regardless.

Edited by jim

1 hour ago, quazzie goat said:

I’d get rid of Taylor, Hogan, Lansbury, Kalanic, Nyland and Jota. 

Nyland is fine as a third keeper although if we get a decent bid for him. Like 5 million I would be happy to see him go. He makes mistakes but in terms of pure ability he is currently our best keeper and I think losing him would be a mistake whilst Heaton is still unfit and Steer is a walking injury. 

• Haha 1

Nyland

Kalinic

Bree

Hogan

Lansbury

Jota

All of them either on loan or hardly ever play for us.

Someone like Neil Taylor in last year of his deal so I can see us possibly swopping him for a decent LB in the championship, maybe that Cash guy at Forest?

If selling Trez or AEG can go towards getting in a real top class wide player it's something we must do.

PLAYERS OUT

NAKAMBA

BREE

HOGAN

LANSBURY

JOTA

TAYLOR 

NYLAND

KALINIC

Turkish brother in law reckons that trez is going to Galatasaray as it has been reported in a few paper in turkey the last few weeks.

6 hours ago, PaddytheVillan said:

All players out on loan, plus Lansbury, Jota, Nyland and Nakamba. Assume Grealish will go for big bucks. 

We need a defensive mid, two wingers and a striker. That should be a manageable number to retain a team bond, but kick on. 

I don't see the reason why we would get rid of Nakamba who has at least shown he is good enough to be a squad player.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

PLAYERS OUT

NAKAMBA

BREE

HOGAN

LANSBURY

JOTA

TAYLOR 

NYLAND

KALINIC

Turkish brother in law reckons that trez is going to Galatasaray as it has been reported in a few paper in turkey the last few weeks.

Yes to all apart from Nakamba. 

Very few out. We need to improve in areas, absolutely. However, with the 5-man sub rule staying  next season, we need depth.

Those to go are those who had little impact this year: Jota, Lansbury, Kalinic, Bree, Hogan.

• Like 1

I can't believe people don't want to keep Trez around the squad.  He did more than anyone to keep us up when it came to the crunch and his reward would be thanks but goodbye.  I'm sure Dean will appreciate the character of the guy more than anything plus he just has that golden ability to score goals.

• Like 2

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I can't believe people don't want to keep Trez around the squad.  He did more than anyone to keep us up when it came to the crunch and his reward would be thanks but goodbye.  I'm sure Dean will appreciate the character of the guy more than anything plus he just has that golden ability to score goals.

Would normally just like a post but have no more likes - agree 100% - Nassef will have his back. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I believe the feeling is that he wants to play regularly and most see him as a back-up option. Thus better to sell him if a decent offer comes in.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

I believe the feeling is that he wants to play regularly and most see him as a back-up option. Thus better to sell him if a decent offer comes in.

We had no squad, we have got to keep this guy