Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

On 15/07/2020 at 11:07, lexicon said:

I'm sad I never bought a Luke shirt - they're very hard to find now and were excellent. 

On 16/07/2020 at 23:31, Killeen30 said:

Should have bought one!

We would have been able to had they made more than a quantity of 50 for the entire season.

The current Kappa kit looks OK in the versions I've seen without that horrendously oversized betting logo on the front and the North Korean patches on the arms. Don't think they can take much blame for either of those monstrosities. 

The Macron efforts always looked too busy even without sponsors. 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hate kappa.  Honestly worst brand we have had in my lifetime 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

in terms of sizing. Kappa are the worlds worst

I remember when Kappa went through a phase of a 'tight fit' brand of style.

I remember the Italy shirts from the early 2000's that were a really stretchy material but also designed as a tight fit look (long sleeve syndrome too)

I loved this shirt and purchased it the day it was released here but I never remember what happened to it or where the hell it went.

spacer.png

I just remember when wearing it I felt more like Lance Armstrong than I did Del Piero.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I remember the Italy shirts from the early 2000's that were a really stretchy material but also designed as a tight fit look (long sleeve syndrome too)

I loved this shirt and purchased it the day it was released here but I never remember what happened to it or where the hell it went.

spacer.png

I just remember when wearing it I felt more like Lance Armstrong than I did Del Piero.

I like thd designs of this years stuff but absolutely hate the sizing. Its so bad and i wont be buying anyone kappa kit training top again.

The quicker we dump kappa the better

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is it really any worse than just wearing a size up? Plenty of things don't fit true to size. 

Yeah and I can’t believe Dean Smith hasn’t addressed this. Smith Out! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

spacer.png

I had a Sampdoria jersey around this time, was a struggle to fit into 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Is it really any worse than just wearing a size up? Plenty of things don't fit true to size. 

no that doesn't work because you then start to get issues with the length 

the shirts are long and thin so, im 6ft and 11.5 stone, slim but fighting the good fight with the beer belly, I've gone from a comfortable medium in the Luke shirt to a large in the Kappa that's tight in various places so I when a ordered the training jumper i got it in extra large to give me some breathing space to wear something underneath it in the winter, I had to send it back because I could have worn it as a nighty, it was a good 10cm below my waist and 5cm too long on the arms

Aston Villa 2019 2020 Kappa Green Third Football Kit, Soccer Jersey, Shirt

like cowans here, he probably wants the next size up to give up some more breathing room but that shirts already a bit long

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Villa Store reopening on Wednesday. A smart club would release the new kit beforehand, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I don't like it when teams start wearing new kits whilst still in the current season in any competition.

I know why it's done but I am not a fan of it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

no that doesn't work because you then start to get issues with the length 

the shirts are long and thin so, im 6ft and 11.5 stone, slim but fighting the good fight with the beer belly, I've gone from a comfortable medium in the Luke shirt to a large in the Kappa that's tight in various places so I when a ordered the training jumper i got it in extra large to give me some breathing space to wear something underneath it in the winter, I had to send it back because I could have worn it as a nighty, it was a good 10cm below my waist and 5cm too long on the arms

Aston Villa 2019 2020 Kappa Green Third Football Kit, Soccer Jersey, Shirt

like cowans here, he probably wants the next size up to give up some more breathing room but that shirts already a bit long

Yeah that fit is doing them no favours!

Daley is the only one who looks good and that's because he is absolutely **** stacked

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't like it when teams start wearing new kits whilst still in the current season in any competition.

I know why it's done but I am not a fan of it.

Fair enough, and I agree. I was just talking about releasing the design and making it available for purchase, but not wear it on the pitch yet.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Villa Store reopening on Wednesday. A smart club would release the new kit beforehand, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I don't think there will be many takers. Who will drive to Villa Park on a non match day to look at stuff they could buy online?

I appreciate that the rent might have been high but I still think Villa should have kept the city centre shop open, or at least move to a smaller/cheaper premise centrally.

Â