Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Some of us are strange shapes, some less athletic than others, some tall, some short, some skinny, some not, some with huge shoulders, some with big arms. I always think that the big difference between Kappa and other kit manufacturers is that Kappa's kit doesn't fit most us in the way that other manufacturers shirts do because Kappa don't want them to.

When I tried on a Nike shirt it didn't entirely hide my comfortable lifestyle and I occasionally had to try a couple of sizes in shirts from other manufacturers - but they understood human beings and their bodies - it's what they did for a living - they made sure they found a way for you to look okay in the shirt, they wanted you to look okay in the shirt - they made sure there was a size that would work for you.

Kappa on the other hand can be defined by their policy of "f**k you" they make shirts that fit a very specific body shape and they don't care if that's not you, that's your own fault and they're not going to make any sort of allowance for people being people sized and people shaped.

Well Kappa, f**k you too.

Thank you for listening.

Who ate all the pies? 

• Haha 1

On 19/07/2020 at 08:22, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah and I can’t believe Dean Smith hasn’t addressed this. Smith Out! 

I've heard people claim he isn't directly responsible for shirt sizing but he's definitely on the committee and I just don't believe he doesn't get the final say, at least on chest sizes anyway. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What about wyness? He probably saved those two only crumbs 

You can guarantee there was never any biscuits left at the AGMs, wouldn’t surprise me if they’d just have sausages in bowls on the table. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Whatever happened to AST computers?

AST Research, Inc. was a personal computer manufacturer, founded in Irvine, California, in 1980 by Albert Wong, Safi Qureshey and Thomas Yuen (the name comes from the initials of their first names: Albert Safi Thomas).

In the 1980s AST designed add-on expansion cards, and toward the 1990s evolved into a major personal computer manufacturer. By the late 1990s AST was acquired by Samsung, but was forced to close shortly after due to a series of losses.

In January 1999, the name and intellectual property were acquired by a new company named AST Computers, LLC.

AST Computers, LLC was a private company founded in 1999 when Beny Alagem, founder of Packard Bell Electronics, bought the name and intellectual property of AST Research, Inc.

AST Computers disappeared from the market in 2001.

As of early 2011, the dormant AST trademark appears to be being relaunched by a new, independent company named DATA ACCESS based in France.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, maqroll said:

This is my favorite Villa shirt. No powder blue, no pinkish purple claret. The collar with the yellow piping is class.

Aston-Villa-1539941.jpg

Had both this and the nave away one - the only time in my life i had both home and away kits in the same season. They were amazing though I do remember them being kinda rough and scratchy to wear.

and oddly, despite all the great players that played in them, the player that springs to mind when I picture the away kit is Alan Wright. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

the player that springs to mind when I picture the away kit is Alan Wright. 

The only person ever to buy a Kappa shirt one size down.

• Haha 2

Â