Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

Please no more call backs to old kits, none of this 82 stuff or anything else historical. I’m a bit sick of this club always looking at the past tbh. Something new and fresh, like the Luke kits. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Have we still got Kappa making the kits for next season?, only I'm sure I saw Richard O'Kelly wearing an adidas cap on Sunday.

Then again he was still wearing the Luke cap when we had Kappa.

Just an observation.

Yes Kappa is a three year deal. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this.

Some of our best kits in recent times have been the white away ones.

350105.WH.jpg

AstonVillaASS0708.gif

The only good kit Macron made for us:

Aston+Villa-14-15-Away-Kit-header.jpg

And the absolute king of the castle:

aston_villa_18_19_luke_1977_away_kit_a.j

The Luke kits are the best kits we've had in decades, imo

Add that to the season that culminated with promotion via Wembley, with a Villa fan as kit maker, manager and captain makes a very special mix. The Luke kits will always provoke fond memories 

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

Please no more call backs to old kits, none of this 82 stuff or anything else historical. I’m a bit sick of this club always looking at the past tbh. Something new and fresh, like the Luke kits. 

You mean the shirt that was modelled on the 83/84 one?

There are only so many combinations you can do with 2 colours. Unless they all wear spacesuits.

• Like 3

I'm actually coming around to this pre match shirt. Kinda wish it was our away kit instead of the one we have.

Kappa Aston Villa 19-20 Premier League Pre-Match & Training Kits ...

Minus the dark trim 

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

You mean the shirt that was modelled on the 83/84 one?

There are only so many combinations you can do with 2 colours. Unless they all wear spacesuits.

I guess I didn't buy into the hype about the Luke Kits cause as you said I had seen them before in 83/84 (Not sure what exactly we were celebrating about that period of time though.  Withe scoring a hattrick in the UEFA Cup?

I still cant understand the glorification of the Luke Kits.  Feel like I am the only one looking at the Emperor with new clothes.

Luke Roper did not design the kits, he paid for his emblem to be on the kits, sort of a shirt sponsorship.  Probably best money he paid seeing all the glory he gets. 

The ones who designed the kits and produced the kits were the same people who run our club shop and they take a battering off our fans (rightly so for stock levels).

I might not be right but I think it was going to be the same sort of deal with this years kits but Kappa said they wanted more of a say in the design.

I also think this years kits are far better than the Luke ones.  Even Macron some of their designs were not too bad (and they tried to be different as was requested) but the quality fell short.

Umbro has always been the peak for me when it comes to Villa Kits, though nowadays they are not the same company after being gutted by Nike.

28 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I guess I didn't buy into the hype about the Luke Kits cause as you said I had seen them before in 83/84 (Not sure what exactly we were celebrating about that period of time though.  Withe scoring a hattrick in the UEFA Cup?

I still cant understand the glorification of the Luke Kits.  Feel like I am the only one looking at the Emperor with new clothes.

Luke Roper did not design the kits, he paid for his emblem to be on the kits, sort of a shirt sponsorship.  Probably best money he paid seeing all the glory he gets. 

The ones who designed the kits and produced the kits were the same people who run our club shop and they take a battering off our fans (rightly so for stock levels).

I might not be right but I think it was going to be the same sort of deal with this years kits but Kappa said they wanted more of a say in the design.

I also think this years kits are far better than the Luke ones.  Even Macron some of their designs were not too bad (and they tried to be different as was requested) but the quality fell short.

Umbro has always been the peak for me when it comes to Villa Kits, though nowadays they are not the same company after being gutted by Nike.

When we have a good season=shirt is great.

When we have a bad season=shirt is crap.

Personally I think the 93/94 shirts are horrific but because we beat Man United at Wembley its seen as a cult classic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

When we have a good season=shirt is great.

When we have a bad season=shirt is crap.

Personally I think the 93/94 shirts are horrific but because we beat Man United at Wembley its seen as a cult classic.

Yes Im the same never really liked those shirts especially the black,red and green thing.  This years version has grown on me as bought it the boys when it went cheap but not as a Villa kit.

I had that striped home kit as well but that was because I nearly died in hospital and was bought it as a way of cheering me up.  Wore it for that season but not much after.

Good Job we didnt win the Cup in 2000 because the kits that year were disgusting as well.

On 14/07/2020 at 08:28, villa4europe said:

personally that's the only way of justifying them, you have to go mental otherwise the cynic in me will say they just want your cash, its got to be an option that only appeals to say 20% of our fanbase but those 20% like it so much that they don't just like it they absolutely love it

im more or less ok with any shirt design they throw out, im not going to get offended by a shirt design that I don't like, if we get relegated then no matter Kappa put out, could be the best shirt in the history of Aston Villa and someone here will say championship shirt for a championship club I want adidas or nike, I guarantee it

I fall in this 20%. I have a retro Champions of Europe shirt that I wear when I want to show off the claret and blue, but with current shirts I make sure to buy the craziest one we release every year. Just my style, I guess.

So, we've already had kits released for the following sides:

• Chelsea 
  • Bournemouth
  • Everton
  • West Ham
  • Man City

The season looks like it will start (in one division or another) in around six weeks time.

Anyone want to guess on our release date?

Â