Champions League Quarter Final/Semi Final Draw

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Does Pep survive this? 

Of course

The must win the CL stuff is just detractor nonsense

City's off the field growth under him means he's got the job for as long as he wants it and as long as it continues to be upward I doubt the owners care 

• Like 1

I felt Lyon were excellent tonight.  City really cannot handle a low block if the team who are playing it have the ability to break fast.  City had all of the ball but they were just running into the same blind alleys all night, that run to the touchline for the cut back or the low ball across the six yard box. Obviously Sterling should have made it 2-2 but it was so one note for most of the game you can see why Lyon felt they were comfortable just holding City at arms length.   

Can't see past Bayern now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

A lot of English pundits seem to be acting as if Lyon were some sort of tiny underdog? It's absurd. Yeah Man City are better on paper but they're hardly minnows.

Yeah there seemed to be a wide-scale underestimation of them, Man City were something stupid like 1.2 to win in the 90 today. Yes they finished 7th but they just dispatched Juventus over 2 legs and they have plenty of pace to trouble City on the break which has been their achilles this season.

Just now, KentVillan said:

Anyone else baffled by the VAR ruling on the second goal?

I can't understand how stepping over the ball in an offside position doesn't count as interfering with play.

That's not VAR

That's the shit offside rule

But **** em, karma for their goal vs us 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I can't understand how stepping over the ball in an offside position doesn't count as interfering with play.

Agree, every time I think I understand the offside rule it shows I have no idea. He literally steps over the **** ball how is he not influencing play?

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It was more the goalscorer tripping the defender I couldnt get my head around :lol: Why they don't let the ref look at the screen for decisions as big as that I have no idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's not VAR

That's the shit offside rule

But **** em, karma for their goal vs us 

Is that right then? Offside rule means you can pass through the legs of a player in an offside position? Came as a surprise to me when Peter Walton said he wasn't concerned about the offside.

Obviously hilarious that they've gone out, especially with Pep trying to play 4D chess on the starting lineups, but I'd be a bit aggrieved with that decision.

Â