Champions League Quarter Final/Semi Final Draw

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, penguin said:

Agree, every time I think I understand the offside rule it shows I have no idea. He literally steps over the **** ball how is he not influencing play?

The thing is it was 35/40 yards away from the goal, if it was in the box I'd understand the argument but I dont think for a second he was interfering with play that far out when no man city player was close to him like they'd been drawn towards him anyway

Kyle Walker was lucky not to give a pen6away for shirt grabbing too

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

The thing is it was 35/40 yards away from the goal, if it was in the box I'd understand the argument but I dont think for a second he was interfering with play that far out when no man city player was close to him like they'd been drawn towards him anyway

Kyle Walker was lucky not to give a pen6away for shirt grabbing too

Potentially but then if a Man City player delays his run even for a second or less because if, even if only subconsciously, he sees it's going to a player who's strolling back from offside isn't he interferring with play? The whole law is just a grey area full of inconsistency, as seen from the some of the decisions for and against this year.

• Like 2

Pep does seem to shit himself and overthink his team selections in these games. 3 at the back and no Mahrez who's been one of their best players this season? Playing against a team with a low block but doesn't have either of the Silva's on the pitch either?

This has happened quite a few times now but he doesn't seem to be able to learn from it either

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The format is definitely better 

Think UEFA have a problem 

Agree, but the 2 legged format is set up to ensure as many big clubs get through as possible. So we just have to enjoy the single elimination while it last. 

• Like 1

BT sport were jumping the gun by already discussing a potential Bayern vs City match up before the game had even been played yesterday... laughable. Mcmanaman saying Lyon would be pinching themselves with this result? Why? The sheer arrogance is amazing. 

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

BT sport were jumping the gun by already discussing a potential Bayern vs City match up before the game had even been played yesterday... laughable. Mcmanaman saying Lyon would be pinching themselves with this result? Why? The sheer arrogance is amazing. 

I was watching the post match analysis after the game on Saturday and I think it was Rio of all people saying Raheem Sterling is gonna have a field day against the high Bayern Munich line. 🤔

6 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Agree, but the 2 legged format is set up to ensure as many big clubs get through as possible. So we just have to enjoy the single elimination while it last. 

Dunno, they'd need to do it post euro 21 and see where the corporate mega money is

If they did the tournament in London at say spurs, arsenal and Wembley they would make millions from the prawn sandwiches 

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If Pep leaves for Barcelona, I could see him bringing the likes of KDB with him, who sounded frustrated at their exit.

Barca have no money and can't afford Pep for a start

Â