Champions League Quarter Final/Semi Final Draw

andykeenan

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think Bayern are having days off at the moment...look ruthless, part of me also hopes that barca get smashed, properly embarrassed by 5 or 6 goals and I like barca! they're a joke of a club at the moment in need of a complete overhaul, spot on about messi though

Yep... 

Barca need an election and a complete rethink, they could sell 75% of this team (if anyone would pick up their wages) 

Rip it up and start again, wouldn't be surprised if messi did leave when his contracts up, they're a shambles 

It was never going to be easy for Barcelona to replicate their incredible success of a few years ago, when they were by far the best team I've ever seen play. I love them for the joy they gave me in those times, which was often a relief later in the weekend which stood in stark contrast to how shit Villa had been. 

But in the last year or so the club has been an absolute mess from top to bottom. Everyone knows about the presidential issues, player power and obscene amount of money they've wasted. They might not have the sane type of talent coming through La Masia but the mismanagement has been staggering. 

Tonight's performance though has been an utter disgrace. Shambolic defending and a total lack of leadership on and off the pitch. I think Quique Setien is actually a good, tactically astute manager but the players clearly don't respect him. I've been looking forward to the inevitable day Xavi takes charge (hopefully with Puyol as assistant) but, although I think the players would listen to him and he'd help reestablish Barça's identity, there are still massive problems with this side, not to mention a lot of debt along with existing boardroom issues that stopped him taking the job before.

As others have said, Messi very rarely presses any more so they're not the same as they used to be. It can make him look lazy but I imagine with the career he's had, it's not possible to play like that without impacting his fitness and causing injuries. You can't drop him though because he's still the most talented player on the planet. Griezmann does play like that but there are still holes so it doesn't work like it used to. Busquets,a true legend, is looking past it now and I'm not sure that de Jong will ever reach that level, as good a player as he is.

Maybe a future front three of Ansu Fati, Griezmann and Dembélé (although I have doubts the latter will ever meet his potential over a sustained period) might work, but they still need a couple more central midfielders, a replacement for Jordi Alba at some point, at least one centre-back and possibly a right back. It's a huge overhaul.

I long for the days of Puyol, Iniesta and Xavi!

7th just gone in... total embarrassment. A cataclysmic collapse, not just in the game but a culmination of months of ineptitude considering their standing.

• Like 2

Messi has been a disgrace tonight, downed tools. When he hasn't got the ball he just stands there. They all have but he is the best player in the world when he want's to be.

I'm loving to watch Bayern school them because Barca have some of the most unlikable player around in Alba, Saurez and Busquets and fans who are absolute morons.

Nice for the people who don't watch the Bundesliga to get to see just how good Bayern are.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The refs having mercy on Barca, just giving 2 minutes of stoppage time despite there being like 5 goals in this half + subs.

He didn’t even play a second in the first half despite 5 goals

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Nice for the people who don't watch the Bundesliga to get to see just how good Bayern are.

Shit for everyone who does like the Bundesliga but not bayern 😂

When talking about psg, leipzig, man City it's surprising bayern never got mentioned... Audi as owner pay £80m (maybe more?) to be their official car supplier, their income is ropey as **** 

Â