Pre Match Thread (Cup Final 34 of 38)

villalad21

Smith keeps the same team - The definition of madness is repeating the same thing and expecting a different result. 

Smith makes changes - He's a clown who doesn't even know his best team. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

That bench man 😂 What can you do. No matter what team we put out there'll always be holes in it, but I'd love for us to play an actual right back and limit Trez to cameos off the bench, which are the only times he's threatened to look useful so far.

Liverpool-esque sort of game is abouf the most I'm hoping for here.

What i'm looking forward to in the Championship is that bench thing no longer being a valid excuse.

We will have one of the best squads in the league. NO EXCUSES. Top 6 absolute minimum requirement.

Just now, villalad21 said:

What i'm looking forward to in the Championship is that bench thing no longer being a valid excuse.

We will have one of the best squads in the league. NO EXCUSES. Top 6 absolute minimum requirement.

Why will we have one of the best squads in the league? 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Smith keeps the same team - The definition of madness is repeating the same thing and expecting a different result. 

He doesn't know his best team though. I wasnt even using that against him just an observation. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Pavlovs Dog

19 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Our bench options are truly depressing. It’s criminal that the PL allowed this additional substitution rubbish. It is blatantly beneficial to all the establishment. Utter rubbish 

Our three attacking options (Vassilev, Davis, Jota) have a combined Premier League goal tally of zero 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You’re so right 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

He doesn't know his best team though. I wasnt even using that against him just an observation. 

Well you know, maybe he's picking a different team as he sees it best to beat a different opposition. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well you know, maybe he's picking a different team as he sees it best to beat a different opposition. 

It's exact same set up and team but a different striker I think it's pretty obvious he's trying to figure out if samatta is better suited than Davis 

We''ll be 3-0 down before halftime. Our record against United is utterly atrocious. They are bang in form and we dont know what form is at this stage. To put it another way, its the worst possible team, at the worst possible time, to play. And we need nothing but 3 points.

What could go wrong?

Just now, Villa94 said:

Because most people think we getting smashed that prob means we be 1-0 up with 10 mins to go then concede 2 🤮

I could see that happening. Against United we do one of two things. Get thrashed or go 1-0 or 2-0 up, bottle it, then draw or lose.

• Like 1

I cannot bring myself to watch the ore-match build-up tonight.

Against Sheff Utd it was a wankfest about how they've superceded all expectations and the job Wilder has done. 

Against Newcastle it was all about Steve Bruce and if he can impress the new owners. 

Against Chelsea it was a wankfest about Frank Lampard and his incoming signing Timo Werner fitting in. 

Against Wolves it was all about Nuno and the Wolves charge for Champions League football. 

Against Liverpool it was a wankfest about them winning the league and getting to 100 points. 

I guarantee tonight will all be about Man Utd getting Champions League football again and I bet they have Roy Keane (ex both) and either one of Micah Richards, Dion Dublin or Patrick Evra. All waxing lyrical about the job Solskjaer is doing. 

We play Palace next - maybe that's when they'll start talking about Villa. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

To be fair, it's fair to assume his best team doesn't involve Trez starting 😅

• Like 1