Pre Match Thread (Cup Final 34 of 38)

villalad21

I think having watched the game yesterday Jack has to go back out wide and Hourihanne needs to come in the centre of the park. We just dont look like scoring and what ever people think about connor he can produce goals and assists especially from free kicks and for me that is worth a place above one of the 2 wingers (I would edge towards keeping El Ghazi in)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I think having watched the game yesterday Jack has to go back out wide and Hourihanne needs to come in the centre of the park. We just dont look like scoring and what ever people think about connor he can produce goals and assists especially from free kicks and for me that is worth a place above one of the 2 wingers (I would edge towards keeping El Ghazi in)

I think Pogba and Matic would bully Conor to pieces but still i think i agree. We need his attacking outlet.

As much stick as he gets he is a goalscorer and we don't got many of those.

• Like 1

Every year we give 6 points to United, and I expect that to continue. (its one of a few things about the club that drives me nuts).

We're like a charity shop when it comes to them and this time they are actually in form. let's put in a decent performance and not get anyone injured please =[

Reina has to start, much less nerve wracking than nyland. Taylor also played well and we need to keep our defensive shape.

Reina

Konsa     hause       mings         taylor

Luiz

Mcginn   grealish   conor

El ghazi    davis

Conor for his goal threat

El ghazi and jack need to get at maguire one on one. If jack is stuck out left wan bissaka will have him all day.

Reina

konsa    Hause  mings  Taylor 

McGinn

Luiz           Jota

el ghazi                        Grealish

Samatta 

Edited by Villa94
Spelling

An in form team with forwards scoring for fun against a team who's strikers havent scored since the restart. Only one result a Villa win! Seriously I cant see us getting anything out of this game. i just hope Watford dont beat Norwich so we will still be within reach after the Man U game. 

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That would be impossible this season considering we drew at Old Trafford.

Damn... Should have said *most*. That's what I get for not fact checking, but it genuinely feels like that. Another draw would be swell thanks. :flag:

Edited by Bomvilla7
  • Like 1

We'll lose this by a bigger margin than v Liverpool. We played pretty well at Old Trafford but they were starting likes of Mata, Periera and Lingard that day so far weaker than what they'll put out on Thursday.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1