Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

It's just a bit shit really isn't it. Potentially selling our top youth prospect to likely help with FFP and because football is all about the right now.

He could have quite easily played games for us this season with the amount we could have. 

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If true the club really is losing it's soul. Pricing out local fans and cashing out 20 year old England internationals that have been at the club since 9 years old.

Woeful.

surely that’s a wind up? 

The only thing for me is there’s no point selling him if we’re not going to utilise the income to further strengthen our squad.

Otherwise we might as well keep him.

But a sell / buy back clause option isn’t as bad as it sounds if we can make it work for us.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's just a bit shit really isn't it. Potentially selling our top youth prospect to likely help with FFP and because football is all about the right now.

He could have quite easily played games for us this season with the amount we could have. 

I think what the player wants is a factor nobody seems to mention. If I were Ramsey and I could get chance of regular football at a PL club and a big pay increase. I'd be very keen for that to continue to develop. It would trump another Loan to the Championship for sure. 

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Opinion is fine, but your post was based on a lack of understanding of buy back clauses. You stated

Which can't happen if we have a buy back clause as when we activate it the player resigns for us on the terms we agree in the buyback. Another team can only sign him if we choose not to exercise the buy back. 

As such, your "worst case scenario" is actually the best case, he dies really well and we resign him for below his market value because we hold the buy back clause. 

Not true. It depends on the terms of the buy back clause. City have a buy back clause for Romeo Lavia, but it doesn’t kick in until 2024. They might not get a chance to activate it, as he’s probably joining Liverpool this summer.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not true. It depends on the terms of the buy back clause. City have a buy back clause for Romeo Lavia, but it doesn’t kick in until 2024. They might not get a chance to activate it, as he’s probably joining Liverpool this summer.

That's the clause they negotiated not coming active until 2024. The one we're talking about from this tenuous link is clearly different and more like the regular buy backs.

"The final hurdle to a deal is said to be Ramsey himself agreeing terms with Villa should the buy back clause be activated by the club in the future. The price of the buy back clause is not reported."

Aston Villa ‘close’ to £12m transfer agreement as details emerge - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If true the club really is losing it's soul. Pricing out local fans and cashing out 20 year old England internationals that have been at the club since 9 years old.

Woeful.

"Local fans" and loyalty to players who join as kids is not what elite clubs are about.

Should we remain true to small club values rather than become a major football club rodders? Imo we can't do both, and standing still means possible relegation in this money driven league.

Aaron Ramsey is unlucky in comparison to his older brother Jacob due to timing rather than ability. At the time Jacob made his break through our first team strength in depth was much weaker than it is today and space was available for him to play and improve. The diminishing opportunities for our young players remaining with our first team squad is the effect of shrewd financial progress, and there is no turning back the clock. However, that opens exciting opportunities for these good young players to go out to much better clubs than would have been possible a couple of seasons ago. That's got to be a positive result in terms of their career development possibilities. 

48 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’ll be a great experience for him to play regularly under Kompany in the premier league at his age and should accelerate his development.

We get a big FFP boost that gives us far more flexibility to bring in another experienced player with a much higher current bar than AJ and that could be the difference between a trophy or 5th or not.

We then buy him back in a season or two if he does become the player we all hope he can become.

It’s basically a FFP supercharged loan and really there’s not a lot here to dislike. 

Agreed. It'll be a good deal if Villa are happy for it to happen.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

All this for an Alan Nixon link

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7nsuyrwksg605nmh976

Tbf, I think he MIGHT be fairly reliable on Blackburn and Burnley transfers. Could be wrong.

Either way, he’s still a massive cn*t.

Edited by Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

So, nobody besides an unreliable journalist who charges for gossip is still reporting this?

Yeah but at least VT already know exactly how the buy back clause will be designed.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Or we could provide a pathway for our local England internationals?

Surely the manager gets to pick what's best for him to create a winning Villa team.

IF he's letting AJ move now then he clearly thinks he's not ready. Getting regular PL football at a team with lower targets is good for the player. If he succeeds as we all hope, he'll come back to the Villa team.

• Like 1

Sounds like a decent deal for us if true, would be happier if it was £15m. Hopefully it enables an expensive incoming deal that otherwise wouldn’t be available to us. You wouldn’t complain if it enabled Goncalves for the here and now?

If he kicks on we can get him back for a decent price. 

Edited by thunderball

39 minutes ago, Farlz said:

What would you rather this season:

AJ being a substitute rotation option for the Conference and League cup?

or potentially his sale funding a purchase of a Torres or a Felix or a Doku who should have a much more immediate impact on the first team right now. 

All with the insurance of being able to buy him back for a very reasonable fee in 2 years if he really does become good enough for us.

I’ll take another elite addition to the first team squad right now every day of the week. This feels like “our” season and if I was the owners I’d be sinking absolutely everything (including a significant fee for a youth product) to give Emery what he needs to finish at least 5th and to win a cup. 

• Like 1

JJ was very lucky he had Hourihane as his competition when he broke through . Aaron would have JJ Buendia Philogene Diaby Coutinho Bailey Traore and even McGinn to get ahead of in order to play regularly 

We have to remember that fan or no fan , Aaron is a professional footballer. At the age of 20 if someone asked me to either play substitute on Thursday evenings or play regularly in the prem with a say 4 year contract worth double or treble what he is earning now then i think i know my answer , and i fcking love this club. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

What would you rather this season:

AJ being a substitute rotation option for the Conference and League cup?

or potentially his sale funding a purchase of a Torres or a Felix or a Doku who should have a much more immediate impact on the first team right now. 

All with the insurance of being able to buy him back for a very reasonable fee in 2 years if he really does become good enough for us.

I’ll take another elite addition to the first team squad right now every day of the week. This feels like “our” season and if I was the owners I’d be sinking absolutely everything (including a significant fee for a youth product) to give Emery what he needs to finish at least 5th and to win a cup. 

I'd rather be able to keep AJ and buy which ever player we want but we can't because unlike man utd and chums we don't have an official coffee bean partner to pay our bills

You can't keep everyone.

There's very little to suggest that Aaron Ramsey will ever be a champions league level player.

Good piece of business which suit both parties.

Best of luck Aaron!

• Like 1

Â