The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Cereal is OK it's milk that I can't stand, horrible stuff, I eat my cereal with yoghurt (every day with a banana) 

And cold bread rolls > cold sandwiches 

To me warm sandwiches usually mean more extravagant fillings, pork, bacon etc so they're always going to be better, you can get daft with a warm sandwich filling and chuck a load of stuff in there 

Normal roll / sandwich tuna mayo is my weapon of choice 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Cereal is OK it's milk that I can't stand, horrible stuff, I eat my cereal with yoghurt (every day with a banana) 

I don't really like milk either. Certainly not on it's own.

If I have just cereal and milk I have to try and make it so that my last bite of cereal uses up the last of the milk. I hate having loads of milk and a few bits of cereal floating around at the end. Gross.

And people that drink the milk that's left over 🤢🤢🤢

• Like 2

The only "standard" thing I'm not prepared to tolerate in a sandwich is lettuce. Most specifically Iceberg Lettuce, that shit can get to f**k

I don't mind coleslaw or roacket or any of those things, but lettuce NO!

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Spinach leaves are where its at, not a rocket fan 

Coleslaw has such a huge variance in quality I'm always sceptical of it, wouldnt touch it in a cafe in the expectation that it would be cheap horrible stuff

Cooked spinach (along with - ugh - spring greens) is without a doubt my most hated foodstuff. The very sight and smell of it triggers my gag reflex. Oddly though - while I'm with Bicks about eating leaves in general - raw spinach is actually one of the more tolerable greenstuffs. Wouldn't put it in a sandwich by choice, but don't feel the need to remove it, either. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Cooked spinach is a packing item, how to cheaply make a meal bigger without an onion, great for losing weight, start with spinach + passata and you can go off in loads of directions 

tenor-1.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Me scratching my head how someone heats up a crisp sandwich, or a peanut bitter sandwich or a ham salad sandwich. 

How can you heat up crisps? 

Serious question ive never heard of hot crisps

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really like milk either. Certainly not on it's own.

If I have just cereal and milk I have to try and make it so that my last bite of cereal uses up the last of the milk. I hate having loads of milk and a few bits of cereal floating around at the end. Gross.

And people that drink the milk that's left over 🤢🤢🤢

I hate soggy cereal with a passion

Just now, Demitri_C said:

How can you heat up crisps? 

Serious question ive never heard of hot crisps

No, you can’t can you. So how in the name of all that is holy do you have a warm crisp sandwich. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

No, you can’t can you. So how in the name of all that is holy do you have a warm crisp sandwich. 

I dont ever eat crisps in a sandwich! A sandwich is a sandwich and crisps are crisps need to be eaten seperately!

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont ever eat crisps in a sandwich! A sandwich is a sandwich and crisps are crisps need to be eaten seperately!

Are you human? Crisps were made for sandwiches. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nobody can eat lettuce for taste. It has no taste!

You are just eating the wrong lettuce at the wrong temperature.

This weird modern obsession that everything has to be heated or chilled. I blame easy access to refrigerants in the 1970’s. Just because you can make something colder, doesn’t mean you have to. I refer to the other classic example, lager at 0.001 degrees above it’s freezing point.

I bloody love lettuce, got a greenhouse full of the stuff, just wander up the garden and grab a handful 1 minute before I want to eat it. As opposed to having an iceberg lettuce grown in Spain that’s sat in the **** fridge for a week and tastes of cold water because you put it in the fridge for a week. 

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You’ve said some mad stuff during lockdown, but I think I’ve worked out why.

Crisps in a white sliced loaf sandwich are a basic. You’re basically missing out a whole food group.

Oh, and in the interest of balance, I’ve just slung an M&S prawn mayo in the microwave. To check this all sandwiches should be warm theory. I won’t lie to you, I think I’ve started another pandemic.

• Haha 2

Â