Pre-Match Thread

John

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Guilbert instead of Elmo and you’re on to a winner and I also think Greallish’s most effective position is on the wing as an almost inside forward with license to roam

Elmo, whilst not blessed with Fred's pace is a lot more reliable when you have Trez in front, who is a bit slack at tracking back. 

Also seen a few times this season that Elmo gives Trez a right earful when he's not pulling his weight. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Reina should be nowhere near this after that howler

I'd be shocked if Reina doesn't start. It's clear smith thinks he's better than nyland and one howler wont change that. 

• Haha 1

Serious question, with Coronavirus being declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation this afternoon, why is this match (and all other matches) going ahead in crowded stadia?

Italians now wish they had reacted sooner, and here we are pretending that it's okay to continue to hold germ exchange fests! Play behind close doors or not at all in my opinion.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Serious question, with Coronavirus being declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation this afternoon, why is this match (and all other matches) going ahead in crowded stadia?

Italians now wish they had reacted sooner, and here we are pretending that it's okay to continue to hold germ exchange fests! Play behind close doors or not at all in my opinion.

It does seem a bit odd. The whole 2 metres thing which is starting to be advised in places goes out the window.

44 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

According to the experts, if someone is infected they can only really infect a small number of people around them, so doesn’t really make that much difference if in a 42k crowd with a handful of people around them or on a bus/in a shop etc. You would have to stop every interaction which is impossible unless everything is locked down. It might get to that though when more people are infected.

I’m not really sure this kind of thing can be stopped. Probably has to work it’s way through the population until there is herd immunity from people already having had it and future vaccines.

59 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It does seem a bit odd. The whole 2 metres thing which is starting to be advised in places goes out the window.

The lot down the sty will be fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think we'll see this and all other PL matches postponed for a few weeks.

If that does transpire I would presume that would be good for us!

Not going to happen. Its being reported today government will announce today alk games will be behind closer doors.

Its sucks esp with mcginn likley return and beong home game. But may need to be done for greater good

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not going to happen. Its being reported today government will announce today alk games will be behind closer doors.

Its sucks esp with mcginn likley return and beong home game. But may need to be done for greater good

Government can ban gatherings but PL can still decide to postpone the games so they are not played behind closed doors. 

Hopefully they cancel the season and everyone starts again in August,.

Nyland

Elmo Engels Mings Targett

El Ghazi  Nakamba Mcginn Trez

Jack

Davis

Reina,Guilbert,Hause,Hourihane,Luiz,Jota,Samatta 

Edited by lukesmith17
  • Confused 1

Several Leicester players are showing symptoms of the virus. Surely that means that Villa players need to self isolate having been in close contact with these players only three nights ago.

This excludes our defenders of course, as they didn't get close enough to catch anything. (I'm just repeating what others have said, lol) Edit I should have read up the page before posting.

Edited by villabromsgrove
Cos I didn't read previous posts before posting
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2