Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

On 29/06/2023 at 18:14, CVByrne said:

Spending all season in a relegation battle again when he's an attacking full back. 

Shame. Thought he'd get a better championship side than that. 

Why? He struggled to get a regular spot at Huddersfield who were bottom all season until Warnock turned up so that's hardly going to appeal to a Leicester or Southampton who for now still have decent players in their squad in his position.

Perhaps QPR might've had a look given they had Ethan Laird last season and he's signed for SHA. Preston signed Ramsey from Liverpool on season loan as their RWB. Don't think those two will be much higher than Plymouth personally.

It's a good loan move. They've had two fantastic seasons playing attacking football infront of 20k crowds so while it will be difficult to stay up think they'll turn over a few teams so up to KHH to make the most of it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

He wasn't in Plymouth's squad for last night's friendly. Hopefully just treating him with kid gloves rather than an actual injury.

• Like 1

Argyle have just bought their right wing back from last season, and spent a sizeable chunk on him, too. So no idea where this leaves our boy. Mumba played a few games on the left last year, so maybe that’s the plan? Not ideal, anyway. 

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

Argyle have just bought their right wing back from last season, and spent a sizeable chunk on him, too. So no idea where this leaves our boy. Mumba played a few games on the left last year, so maybe that’s the plan? Not ideal, anyway. 

We wouldn't have sent him there if we weren't assured he'd get game time

12 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Mumba played relatively high up last season and Argyle have moved to a 4-3-3 during preseason. 

There's a chance KKH starts at RB with Mumba slightly ahead and inside of him. 

According to transfermarkt Mumba played mostly on the left with Joe Edwards on the right, Edwards is turning 33 in October, so maybe Kelser is a younger alternative to him.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Hmm we've thought that about some of our loans before!

But for a loan that we agreed this far in advance that he can go to pre season with them. It's clear they really wanted him 

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I can't help but think this would severely limit both players' mobility.

I know, I'm just trying to think of a way to fit them both in.

From what I've seen so far the FBs take turns tucking in while the other attacks, with one holding MF but they're still tweaking things. 

Schumacher has said they'll still sometimes play 3-4-2-1.

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I know, I'm just trying to think of a way to fit them both in.

From what I've seen so far the FBs take turns tucking in while the other attacks, with one holding MF but they're still tweaking things. 

Schumacher has said they'll still sometimes play 3-4-2-1.

I agree with the points, but it was an innuendo joke! If you didn't realise that, I applaud how you have subconsciously carried on the double entendre to this post with aplomb.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I agree with the points, but it was an innuendo joke! If you didn't realise that, I applaud how you have subconsciously carried on the double entendre to this post with aplomb.

Skim read your post while trying to put the lad to bed.

I think I only expect jokes like that if there's a Kenneth to go with them nowadays. 

Played the first hour of Plymouth's 5-1 friendly win against Forest Green, he was right-back, Mumba was on the left wing, they both came off at the same time, score was already 5-1 by then.

• Like 1

Â