Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

Just now, one_ian_taylor said:

Interesting  he seems to be coming infield  a bit. Favourite  bit of that is the interception, he saw it about 2 seconds before the player passing the ball 

Well thought out loan, or RB often comes infield.

12 hours ago, useless said:

How rated by Plymouth fans is our Kaine Kelser-Hayden

Kesler-Hayden.... any other responses are just wrong.
Possibly the best 45 minutes I've seen from an Argyle player in the last 10 years. What a future that lad has!
KKH will comfortably have a career in the Premier League.
during that first half I had visions that KHH would be recalled in January. He is definitely is going to play in the Premier League. He was simply a league above everyone on the pitch until CP made their first subs.
KKH. Going all the way to the top.
KKH showed his class against higher level opposition, lucky to have him currently, good signing Schuey et al.
KKH wouldn’t be far off starting for Palace.
Exceptional player. Could see him being recalled.
KKH absolutely outstanding not for the first time either. Every game he, s a class above

~pasoti~

🙙

Monchi and Emery right now 😂

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, lexicon said:

image.thumb.png.aaf08840cb94f0226b61c88ef78de3c3.png

It really doesn't scream 'good enough' if we're talking about a viable rotation option tbh, especially as we should probably be looking for an upgrade on Cash as it is. 

Yep. I always thought he had something v special. But this season he is getting games in a back 4 which i guess is why he was sent there, rather than being played wingback or even winger at times . And he isnt standing out.

Feel the critisicm is a bit harsh. He's playing for a Plymouth side that are just looking to survive and he's learning new facets of the position. The manager and coaches are all young and tactically astute so he'll be learning all the time. I don't want to write him off at all yet. 

Think it's easy to forget this guy is only 8 months older than Louie Barry and he's already torn up league two and league one. Philogene struggled in the championship for Cardiff last season but came back a new player and was sensational in pre-season, now he's a key player for Hull pushing for the playoffs. He's 6 months older than KKH himself. 

He's not the answer at right back but he's not a write off either. Just requires patience I think. Unless a club comes in with a 10mil+ bid next summer. As long as he's playing weekly in the championship that's enough. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Feel the critisicm is a bit harsh. He's playing for a Plymouth side that are just looking to survive and he's learning new facets of the position. The manager and coaches are all young and tactically astute so he'll be learning all the time. I don't want to write him off at all yet. 

Think it's easy to forget this guy is only 8 months older than Louie Barry and he's already torn up league two and league one. Philogene struggled in the championship for Cardiff last season but came back a new player and was sensational in pre-season, now he's a key player for Hull pushing for the playoffs. He's 6 months older than KKH himself. 

He's not the answer at right back but he's not a write off either. Just requires patience I think. Unless a club comes in with a 10mil+ bid next summer. As long as he's playing weekly in the championship that's enough. 

It's not criticism so much as being objective and realistic. The fact is that our squad is very strong nowadays and to be good enough to play in it, players have to be pretty damn good - in Championship terms, this means a player that can boss it at that level. Archer was good at that level, and he wasn't good enough for us IMO - now he's struggling to make any sort of impression at Sheffield United.

Edited by lexicon

Philogene didn't struggle at Cardiff last season, he was one of their best players and their fans were desperate to sign him on a permanent, he was also their young player of the year.

As for Kesler-Hayden I've no idea if he's good enough for us, but I wouldn't judge him on whoscored ratings as they don't always give an accurate reflection on how a player has played.

It's going to be hard for him to get in our squad, as I think Emery wants upgrade on Cash, which if happens there's only likey to be room for Kesler-Hayden if Cash leaves.

I think there's a probably a good chance we will sell him with a buyback in the summer and if he does well we can eventually bring him back.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Philogene didn't struggle at Cardiff last season, he was one of their best players and their fans were desperate to sign him on a permanent, he was also their young player of the year.

As for Kesler-Hayden I've no idea if he's good enough for us, but I wouldn't judge him on whoscored ratings as they don't always give an accurate reflection on how a player has played.

It's going to be hard for him to get in our squad, as I think Emery wants upgrade on Cash, which if happens there's only likey to be room for Kesler-Hayden if Cash leaves.

I think there's a probably a good chance we will sell him with a buyback in the summer and if he does well we can eventually bring him back.

Struggled was a bit harsh from me. I meant it as in he wasn't doing well for a spell, I know he kicked on towards the end of the season. 

He started 8 of Cardiff's first 21 games last season and he was subbed off every time he started and managed 2 goals and no assists in that spell. He's started 13 of 14 games for Hull and played the full 90 for 11 of them. 

4 goals and 1 assist all season for Cardiff in 2,238 minutes. 6 goals 5 assists in 1,140 minutes this season. So coming into December he's already played half the amount of time he did at Cardiff and has contributed masses more. 

I just could easily see someone like KKH turning a corner like that soon and it would be nice to still have academy players throughout the squad. If Man City can still maintain that to a degree we should be able to as well rather than just having Ramsey as a link to the academy. 

Philogene wasn't great initially last season, his improvement came when Cardiff sacked their manager and brought in Lamouchi, from then on he was one of their better players, and a regular in the team, his goals and assists last season or lack of them, I would put down to him being in a not very good team, put Archer and Aaron Ramsey in that Cardiff side and their stats wouldn't be as good, the Hull team Philogene is in now is much better, especially in an attacking sense, so the players around him more likely to score chances he creates, and they're more likely to help him get into goal scoring positions.

I'm not sure if Kesler needs to turn a corner as such, from what I've read he's been playing very well, as above he was player of the month for Plymouth in September, but whether that's enough to get in our squad is another matter, as I say I wouldn't be surprised to see him sold in the summer with a buyback, I think Hull will be looking at more of our young players as their vice-chairman as hinted, so wouldn't be surprised to see them show interest.

On 04/12/2023 at 11:46, lexicon said:

image.thumb.png.aaf08840cb94f0226b61c88ef78de3c3.png

It really doesn't scream 'good enough' if we're talking about a viable rotation option tbh, especially as we should probably be looking for an upgrade on Cash as it is. 

I'd rather watch him than judge him on that.

• Like 1

Â