Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

2 years is a lot in football especially youngsters

How was Ramsey 2 years ago? He just made his 1st Premier League start. Ironically posters wanted him dropped for Chuk 😂

Yes and then when  chuckwemeka got his full debut they were like “ don’t see it championship at best” I believe the word is fickle. 

Jacob Ramsey is one of the best young midfielders in the Premier League, he's one of our best players and will probably continue to improve, we will continue to spend millions on the squad but I'd be surprised if he doesn't continue to be one of our best even as the players around him improve, he will probably go on to be a full England international. If Chukwueneka doesn't become quite as good as him there's no shame in that, he can still be a very good player in his own right, same with some of our own youngsters like Iroegbunam and Aaron Ramsye, they might not become as good as Jacob, but can still also become good players in their own right.

55 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I don't know what you're saying.

Ramsey is currently a better player because he has played more and improved from doing so. If they both had played the same amount of games then who would be the better player? It's not possible to know.

Its self explanatory vives covered it

5 hours ago, picicata said:

Really? I thought he was pretty anonymous other than the hit against the post. He was out shone by all the similar aged players that Chelsea brought on in the second half

He made a decent contribution to the game but he's obviously not quite at the same level as Pulisic, who cost £58m and has five years more experience.

De Bruyne was 23 when Chelsea decided he wasn't good enough.

My assessment was based on his age and experience, and I think he scored a decent 6/10.

20 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

He made a decent contribution to the game but he's obviously not quite at the same level as Pulisic, who cost £58m and has five years more experience.

De Bruyne was 23 when Chelsea decided he wasn't good enough.

My assessment was based on his age and experience, and I think he scored a decent 6/10.

That's fair enough but I felt both Hall (aged 18) and Hutchinson (aged 19) had greater impact and looked better than Carney.

Still, I'm sure he will carve himself out a very good career

3 minutes ago, picicata said:

That's fair enough but I felt both Hall (aged 18) and Hutchinson (aged 19) had greater impact and looked better than Carney.

Still, I'm sure he will carve himself out a very good career

I didn't make the comparison myself but yes, they did well too.

That Rico Lewis is very highly rated, already talk of him getting an England call-up.

People talk about him looking okay but nothing special as if that's a bad thing, if you're saying a player of his age is looking okay in a Man City v Chelsea game, then that's actually a compliment, also have to remember that he's been out injured for a couple of months, hasn't played any football which might impact his performance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

That Rico Lewis is very highly rated, already talk of him getting an England call-up.

People talk about him looking okay but nothing special as if that's a bad thing, if you're saying a player of his age is looking okay in a Man City v Chelsea game, then that's actually a compliment, also have to remember that he's been out injured for a couple of months, hasn't played any football which might impact his performance.

That's the biggest problem, for whatever reason there's a completely unrealistic expectation as to what people think he should be doing and I'm not sure what it's based on because there's no 18/19 year old doing much of anything in the PL and there hasn't been for a long time, I'm taking Rooney / Fabregas long time, maybe sterling

Youngsters barely play or get an opportunity anymore

Any eighteen or nineteen year old is doing well to be playing Championship or even League One level, nevermind Premier League, even if they're not looking like world beaters, as long as they're not looking completely out of place then they're on the right track and probably a very good chance they're going to make a career in the game, a lot of players that age haven't even established themselves at U21 level yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what Unai would've thought of him. Would he fit in to his formations and tactics? 

I always thought of him as CAM or wide attacker and not an 8 as I don't think he has the defensive skills to be an 8.

Would he of been ideal in one of advanced CM positions we play with now or does he lack pace for that? 

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't. No player can ever leave Villa on their own terms and do well. I for one hope he's left destitute and broke and working in Morrisons.

I don't blame players wanting to leave under that fool Stevie G

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I don't blame players wanting to leave under that fool Stevie G

Put Stevie G aside he wanted to leave because of the draw of the "big" club and we can't compete with that 

Us not being able to keep him despite offering him more money and playing time than he was probably worth to us at that time is a sad indictment for what PL football is all about

he wasn't the first and he won't be the last unfortunately

59 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ah, but would he be playing if they were ALL fit?

Probably not. However it is a chance for him to show his skills.

Loftus Cheek and Kovacic are on the bench and fans have been calling for him to play in recent weeks

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Put Stevie G aside he wanted to leave because of the draw of the "big" club and we can't compete with that 

Us not being able to keep him despite offering him more money and playing time than he was probably worth to us at that time is a sad indictment for what PL football is all about

he wasn't the first and he won't be the last unfortunately

He’s also a Chelsea fan isn’t he? It was a bit of a no brainier for him. 

Â