Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, useless said:

This idea that he doesn't want be here is just another irrational idea that some have got into their heads, no one on here unless they've spoken to him have any clue whether he wants to be here or not. Not signing a contract because he isn't getting enough game time isn't the same as not wanting to be here, any player would be the same.

Too much hatred based on pure speculation.

Hatred? I can only speak for myself but I have no hate for him, he is doing what he wants to do, which is fine with me. How can someone coming to the end of their contract and not wanting to sign a new one be seen as wanting to stay at a club? How is that irrational? It is the convention that players usually sign a contract extension when they get within a year of their current contract ending, especially youth players, if they want to continue at their current club. It gives security to the player and the club going forward. Therefore it can be not unreasonably presumed that not signing a contract when those conditions arise indicates that the player sees his future elsewhere surely? 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You're allowed to do whatever you're want. It's just all a bit juvenile imo.

Juvenile?  Unlike painting your face, wearing a shirt to watch millionaires kick a ball on TV, shouting at the ref through said TV,  singing songs about ball-kicking millionaires like they're battle heroes, etc, etc, etc.  The whole thing isn't exactly a celebration of logic and maturity.

Wind your neck in man.

• Like 1

I didn't say him not signing a contract is a irrational idea, I said people jumping to conclusions that he doesn't want to sign a new contract because he doesn't want to be here is a irrational, it's irrational because those people don't have a clue whether he wants to be here or not, for all we know he could very much like to stay but at the same he has to consider whether he's going to get game time, any player even if they grew up as a Villa fan and loved the club would be considering their options if they weren't getting game time

41 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love how we're all enamoured with Bouba, when he has done the same thing to Marseille. It doesn't matter if you don't think he's good enough to get into the team, it's his prerogative as a professional to assess his options, as long as he fulfills his contract obligations. Questioning his attitude is not on at all imo.

Carney has done nothing as a pro though. He’s played 13 times for Villa, most off the bench. Kamara has played 130 times for Marseille. If they didn’t have the foresight to see last summer that he wasn’t going to sign another contract, it was their prerogative to sell him and get a fee. They chose not to. Questioning Carney’s attitude is absolutely on. Looking for 100 k a week off Villa and he’s had a cameo role the second half of the season essentially. 

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I didn't say him not signing a contract is a irrational idea, I said people jumping to conclusions that he doesn't want to sign a new contract because he doesn't want to be here is a irrational, it's irrational because those people don't have a clue whether he wants to be here or not, for all we know he could very much like to stay but at the same he has to consider whether he's going to get game time, any player even if they grew up as a Villa fan and loved the club would be considering their options if they weren't getting game time

Fair enough - I think we're talking around the same tiny points of minutia, but I don't know if we disagree on much in actuality. 

Let's just say we're both right and have a beer.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Juvenile?  Unlike painting your face, wearing a shirt to watch millionaires kick a ball on TV, shouting at the ref through said TV,  singing songs about ball-kicking millionaires like they're battle heroes, etc, etc, etc.  The whole thing isn't exactly a celebration of logic and maturity.

Wind your neck in man.

I'm not talking about what happens on the pitch. Boo him when he comes to VP or whatever, that's part of football. I'm talking about the personal aspect .

Bringing someone's character into question (not specifically referring to you here), much less that of an 18 year old for what is essentially a business decision is just off imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I'm not talking about what happens on the pitch. Boo him when he comes to VP or whatever, that's part of football. I'm talking about the personal aspect .

Bringing someone's character into question (not specifically referring to you here), much less that of an 18 year old for what is essentially a business decision is just off imo.

I agree with all of this with the exception that unless people are saying really terrible things about him, people posting that he's taking bad advice or he's got ideas above his station isn't offside at all - especially on a forum for his current team.

No need for people to be nasty but I get why people would think he's gone full Big Time Charlie after barely kicking a ball outside of age group football.  Whether that's true or not is a matter for speculation - which is why we're here and why we have 404 pages of discussion on Milot Rashica.

• Like 1

Fairly simple for me if he isn’t going to sign which looks likely we pop him in to the lowest level of training we have to do we don’t waste anymore money on developing him for someone else. 

we can concentrate on developing lads that do want to play for us and he can ponder how he gets into Barcelona’s team while not getting any development for a year.

remember we owe this lad nothing and he owes us nothing however I just don’t see how he gets into a side higher up the food chain given the 14 or so games he has played 

• Like 1

Shame he wants to leave, guess the grass is always greener. 

Now when I’ve seen him play for the unders he always looked World class, but when he’s come on for the first team, he’s only really had 1 good performance where he had a shot that hit the post, think that was his first first team appearance.

He still has a long way to go to reach his potential. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

I agree with all of this with the exception that unless people are saying really terrible things about him, people posting that he's taking bad advice or he's got ideas above his station isn't offside at all - especially on a forum for his current team.

No need for people to be nasty but I get why people would think he's gone full Big Time Charlie after barely kicking a ball outside of age group football.  Whether that's true or not is a matter for speculation - which is why we're here and why we have 404 pages of discussion on Milot Rashica.

The veracity of such claims is one thing, but I'd even contest if what we're seeing is even hubris. He wants to play more football, how much more is up for speculation. We haven't exactly given him much to work with. He was mostly given garbage minutes at the end of a few games, specifically to to coax him to sign a new contract it seems, sometimes to the detriment of the team (Liverpool at home comes to mind). I think it was 1 start under Gerrard, and 1 under Smith?

The lad is obviously too good to be still playing youth football, but it'd be just as much of a waste for him to ride the bench. I'm just not seeing how it'd be arrogant of him to want to play more men's football, if not here then elsewhere.

On 19/07/2022 at 10:06, HalfTimePost said:

You think they're going to post pictures and spycam footage of him tearing it up and throwing it in the bin? 

tenor.gif?c=VjFfbWljcm9zb2Z0X3N3aWZ0a2V5

I know he has, here's the clip of his agent, and I know this is true as it was reported by "Carryonvilla" on twitter and hes6the only real ITK 😉😁

• Haha 1

Its situations like this that im not as bitter as i was with grealish. At least we got a massive fee for him and he signed to ensure whatever happened we got a big fee.

This guy happy to run his contract down and stick two fingers up at us. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The veracity of such claims is one thing, but I'd even contest if what we're seeing is even hubris. He wants to play more football, how much more is up for speculation. We haven't exactly given him much to work with. He was mostly given garbage minutes at the end of a few games, specifically to to coax him to sign a new contract it seems, sometimes to the detriment of the team (Liverpool at home comes to mind). I think it was 1 start under Gerrard, and 1 under Smith?

The lad is obviously too good to be still playing youth football, but it'd be just as much of a waste for him to ride the bench. I'm just not seeing how it'd be arrogant of him to want to play more men's football, if not here then elsewhere.

It’s not arrogant to want to play more men’s football. The question is over where best to go to get this. Are his chances really better at clubs like Barcelona? Or will he just move to ride the bench elsewhere. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Its situations like this that im not as bitter as i was with grealish. At least we got a massive fee for him and he signed to ensure whatever happened we got a big fee.

This guy's loyalty is with the lawd and the lawd only. 

Praise be to heaven. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

SO you were happy that a guy signed a contract with a clause that would break it but not a player that will actually see his contract through and honour the agreement

Strange fanbase on here at times considering a lot love Kamara who did the same thing

If he wants to move on a free to cost us then we freeze him out for next 12 months. No game time, no squad time, just individual bare minimum training so he gets no development at all and stalls his career. **** him.

Edited by Ingram85

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

well he could be about to go a whole season without competitive football if he isn’t sold this summer.  

If he’s indicated he’s definitely not going to sign like the media reports we are seeing then he’s getting no time with the first I suspect and in our development teams where he’s been playing mostly, why would we bother developing somebody whose leaving, better to give playing time to players hanging around that we can develop.  That’s not being vindictive just looking after players that we can develop further to the first team.  

The development teams aren’t really about winning as much as they are about developing so they are ready for the first team so I’m wondering if Carney is around for the next year as his contract winds down whether he’ll just be getting training but little to no game time in the development teams.

Â