Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

If he doesn't sign a contract, he wont be played at any level, and if he isn't sold he cant play for anybody for a whole year. Absolute mad situation.
Well done to whoever is advising him, you absolute bellend.

It really is a sign of how much of a dickhead his representation must be. 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It really is a sign of how much of a dickhead his representation must be. 

He’s the one listening to it!

The old adage of “if someone told you to jump off a bridge, would you?” comes to mind…

He isn’t a six year old little boy… he’s in his 20s…

He actually has the ability to tell his representatives to stick their opinions up their arse and make his own decisions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

He’s the one listening to it!

The old adage of “if someone told you to jump off a bridge, would you?” comes to mind…

He isn’t a six year old little boy… he’s in his 20s…

He actually has the ability to tell his representatives to stick their opinions up their arse and make his own decisions.

Its because he seems to be represented by a member of his church, not an agent. God is great and all that.  Puts his faith in the church. Not my cup of tea but he does seem to be very religious.

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Come on Villa just meet the kids demands and offer him the contract he wants! Build the statue outside the stadium of Carney Chukwuemeka and give his brother the number 9 shirt. 

He doesn't have demands.

My understanding is that we've offered him a contract and they've done nothing with it, not rejected it, not accepted it, not entered into any sort of negotiations.

Those people representing Carney seem to have decided that the best thing they can do is to do nothing at all and wait to see if anyone throws money and opportunity at them - they might be right, that might be the best thing to do for them - I can't help but feel it's not the best thing to do for Carney whose future will be in a sort of limbo while they wait. I'm damn sure it's not the best thing for us and I think we've very sensibly told them to sh*t or get off the pot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its because he seems to be represented by a member of his church, not an agent. God is great and all that.  Puts his faith in the church. Not my cup of tea but he does seem to be very religious.

Well that’s even more moronic then isn’t it?

Having your career and decisions about your career dictated to by people who are utterly unqualified to make them…

He should be listening to us… We are Villa fans… What we don’t know about best footballing decisions could be written on a postage stamp…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He doesn't have demands.

My understanding is that we've offered him a contract and they've done nothing with it, not rejected it, not accepted it, not entered into any sort of negotiations.

Those people representing Carney seem to have decided that the best thing they can do is to do nothing at all and wait to see if anyone throws money and opportunity at them - they might be right, that might be the best thing to do for them - I can't help but feel it's not the best thing to do for Carney whose future will be in a sort of limbo while they wait. I'm damn sure it's not the best thing for us and I think we've very sensibly told them to sh*t or get off the pot.

Where are you getting your understanding from? Just asking as there's been a few claims (made up or not) out there that he does have demands.

As I’ve said before just because he’s legally an adult doesn’t mean he will make decisions like one. Culturally also a lot of families have the same view point, you aren’t deemed as one until you move out or get married etc. 

Does he have a part to play in this? Yes because it’s his own playing career, but equally he’s still young enough to be influenced by his family etc. I was too when I was 18 going on 19(again it may be a cultural thing or how I was brought up). He’s getting advice from people who have probably seen him grow from a child to a young man and of course he’s going to listen to what they say, I get that some 18 years don’t but as I said it depends on your upbringing and cultural background in my opinion. 

Like I said before I probably will be in the minority, but I just find it hard to pin all of the blame on him. The situation for me just screams of people that he loves, taking advantage of him for their own betterment. 

And ps that 100k a week thing is highly likely to be a load of bs too.

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I lurk on this site and rarely comment at all, so if biased, long rants aren’t your thing, skip the post.  

Carney is an adult, not a child being exploited. He is party to all “this”, is informed, consenting and in support of whatever actions his advisors undertake, in his name. Clearly, they are working together to achieve the “best” outcome for him. But that’s the thing, this outcome, is mostly financial. That’s what is sore in all of this. It isn’t the best outcome at all, for anyone, unless money is the aim.   

How many people in the trades on here have done an apprenticeship and when finished, effectively demanded to be the 2nd highest earner in their workplace? Nobody. Ok so this £100,000 per week figure, is speculation but I can totally believe it, given how crazy the money is in football for what gets paid (too soon) to a “generational talent.” Is he all that? Well, on one hand, if he was, he would have done more in those two starts and sub appearances, enough to dislodge our established midfielders.  

Sure, he has received plaudits off people within the industry (and played well at England u21 level) but that’s it so far. This talk of potential, that’s it so far. You can’t just demand to be slotted in as a first XI’er or you’re off, or maybe you can and that’s the problem. I think he is currently Championship level at best, pending realisation of that so-called potential. And where to be, to help realise that potential, than the club who have brought you to this point, in amongst a squad that has the likes of Phillipe Fu---- Coutinho, Bailey, Buendia, etc to help you hone your talent and learn from. 

Who does he think is going to take him on and make him a mega earner playing 1st team football? Sure, Leeds and Newcastle might take a look, but on the face of it, can you really see him going there? Then there’s Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal… apparently. They wont want to pay the fee we are asking, surely, and if they’re wise they’d take a look at his attitude and think twice and he would be lucky to even make their benches. This has Barca / PSG / Dortmund all over it and the meantime, all this is just pantomime until Dec 31st when he can enter into negotiations with overseas clubs and in the meantime, create a narrative on his worth. That’s a risk for damned sure on your part Carney and I think you have played the wrong hand. 

Well, you ain’t gonna get that sat round here waiting until December sunshine. What if no move materialises in this window and you being bomb-squaded until then wont raise your stock at all, other clubs will laugh at splashing out £100,000 per week on you coming from Villa’s reserves team. What more could we have done for this kid, nothing. We gave him minutes, maybe not as much as he wanted but, he didn’t exactly amaze any of us in those games to justify dropping McGinn or Ramsey or anyone up further forward. We offered a deal ages ago and potentially have upped the terms again recently, still no joy.   

We’ve already bent over enough for this kid. Did we really think Caleb was ever going to break into our first team? We may, have unnecessarily signed his older brother on the cheap to keep him sweet. He won’t make it here. Wiki isn’t the be all and end all but as things stand, he’s played about 40 career games and scored two goals, aged 20, turning 21 next January. The same player who was subbed on and subbed off 7 mins later for having a bad attitude on the pitch, in his last loan spell. The Caleb signing just doesn’t make sense to me. I digress.   

I am done with this kid. Sure, we want someone who is an alleged generational talent to play for us. But he doesn’t want to. There was real opportunity here for you Carney, you and your advisors can do one. You represent all what is wrong with the game. You have as much love for Villa as I do salads or Extinction Rebellion.    

And it can’t be about playing first team either, as, well…. If you end up “playing” / signing for PSG or Barcelona, you’ll be “playing” for their youth or reserves anyway, but on good money of course. Is money everything? As a pro footballer with prospects, fantastic wealth was likely always coming your way anyway. But, you want it all, now, on your terms. Your opinion of yourself is misguided, if you are that good, that ready, you’d have been picked more, you could have signed and accepted loans that showed us you are a must-pick.  

I know this is harsh but the way I see it is this kid is a cancer, representing all that is wrong in the game. I know there are people on here who say he has done nothing wrong, honouring a contract and all. Very true that is, to a point. I think this has been on the cards for ages though, player and club do not end up in this position by accident or a lack of communication or effort (especially with the likes of Lange and Purslow’s negotiation skills and wanting things wrapped up ASAP), there has to be some level of orchestration on Carney’s part, a contract on superb terms was laid out months ago, ignored, he had no intention of signing it back then, nor does he now. We’ve been played, potentially by a money-grabbing parasite, and disappointingly one so young. I know these words are harsh.  

We need to: 

• Sell for whatever amount we can get, even if small, so long as there’s a % sell on clause… just be gone and good luck in your career 
  • Or if we can’t sell, or he rejects the moves, loan him the ____ out and let someone else pay his wages no matter what they currently are, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my u23s with that attitude. And to think he would train on his own for a season, that wouldn’t happen, he might go on strike for some of the duration. Just get rid. 

If he does sign, then I take it all back. But like you would on a main character in a Romero film who “got scratched” by a zombie, I’ll have an eye on him waiting for him to turn. That phrase True Colours and all that. But, at the moment, I don’t even want to see him in a Villa shirt ever again to be honest. I don’t see any of our other players giving that attitude out. Let’s just find him another club ASAP and move on. Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m, entitled to it. 

Anyway f that, sorry. I’m hot and typing all this sht out made it look like I was working hard. Stay hydrated lads and all the best. 5 o'clock, great timing. 

Well put. Post more often!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I lurk on this site and rarely comment at all, so if biased, long rants aren’t your thing, skip the post.  

Carney is an adult, not a child being exploited. He is party to all “this”, is informed, consenting and in support of whatever actions his advisors undertake, in his name. Clearly, they are working together to achieve the “best” outcome for him. But that’s the thing, this outcome, is mostly financial. That’s what is sore in all of this. It isn’t the best outcome at all, for anyone, unless money is the aim.   

How many people in the trades on here have done an apprenticeship and when finished, effectively demanded to be the 2nd highest earner in their workplace? Nobody. Ok so this £100,000 per week figure, is speculation but I can totally believe it, given how crazy the money is in football for what gets paid (too soon) to a “generational talent.” Is he all that? Well, on one hand, if he was, he would have done more in those two starts and sub appearances, enough to dislodge our established midfielders.  

Sure, he has received plaudits off people within the industry (and played well at England u21 level) but that’s it so far. This talk of potential, that’s it so far. You can’t just demand to be slotted in as a first XI’er or you’re off, or maybe you can and that’s the problem. I think he is currently Championship level at best, pending realisation of that so-called potential. And where to be, to help realise that potential, than the club who have brought you to this point, in amongst a squad that has the likes of Phillipe Fu---- Coutinho, Bailey, Buendia, etc to help you hone your talent and learn from. 

Who does he think is going to take him on and make him a mega earner playing 1st team football? Sure, Leeds and Newcastle might take a look, but on the face of it, can you really see him going there? Then there’s Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal… apparently. They wont want to pay the fee we are asking, surely, and if they’re wise they’d take a look at his attitude and think twice and he would be lucky to even make their benches. This has Barca / PSG / Dortmund all over it and the meantime, all this is just pantomime until Dec 31st when he can enter into negotiations with overseas clubs and in the meantime, create a narrative on his worth. That’s a risk for damned sure on your part Carney and I think you have played the wrong hand. 

Well, you ain’t gonna get that sat round here waiting until December sunshine. What if no move materialises in this window and you being bomb-squaded until then wont raise your stock at all, other clubs will laugh at splashing out £100,000 per week on you coming from Villa’s reserves team. What more could we have done for this kid, nothing. We gave him minutes, maybe not as much as he wanted but, he didn’t exactly amaze any of us in those games to justify dropping McGinn or Ramsey or anyone up further forward. We offered a deal ages ago and potentially have upped the terms again recently, still no joy.   

We’ve already bent over enough for this kid. Did we really think Caleb was ever going to break into our first team? We may, have unnecessarily signed his older brother on the cheap to keep him sweet. He won’t make it here. Wiki isn’t the be all and end all but as things stand, he’s played about 40 career games and scored two goals, aged 20, turning 21 next January. The same player who was subbed on and subbed off 7 mins later for having a bad attitude on the pitch, in his last loan spell. The Caleb signing just doesn’t make sense to me. I digress.   

I am done with this kid. Sure, we want someone who is an alleged generational talent to play for us. But he doesn’t want to. There was real opportunity here for you Carney, you and your advisors can do one. You represent all what is wrong with the game. You have as much love for Villa as I do salads or Extinction Rebellion.    

And it can’t be about playing first team either, as, well…. If you end up “playing” / signing for PSG or Barcelona, you’ll be “playing” for their youth or reserves anyway, but on good money of course. Is money everything? As a pro footballer with prospects, fantastic wealth was likely always coming your way anyway. But, you want it all, now, on your terms. Your opinion of yourself is misguided, if you are that good, that ready, you’d have been picked more, you could have signed and accepted loans that showed us you are a must-pick.  

I know this is harsh but the way I see it is this kid is a cancer, representing all that is wrong in the game. I know there are people on here who say he has done nothing wrong, honouring a contract and all. Very true that is, to a point. I think this has been on the cards for ages though, player and club do not end up in this position by accident or a lack of communication or effort (especially with the likes of Lange and Purslow’s negotiation skills and wanting things wrapped up ASAP), there has to be some level of orchestration on Carney’s part, a contract on superb terms was laid out months ago, ignored, he had no intention of signing it back then, nor does he now. We’ve been played, potentially by a money-grabbing parasite, and disappointingly one so young. I know these words are harsh.  

We need to: 

• Sell for whatever amount we can get, even if small, so long as there’s a % sell on clause… just be gone and good luck in your career 
  • Or if we can’t sell, or he rejects the moves, loan him the ____ out and let someone else pay his wages no matter what they currently are, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my u23s with that attitude. And to think he would train on his own for a season, that wouldn’t happen, he might go on strike for some of the duration. Just get rid. 

If he does sign, then I take it all back. But like you would on a main character in a Romero film who “got scratched” by a zombie, I’ll have an eye on him waiting for him to turn. That phrase True Colours and all that. But, at the moment, I don’t even want to see him in a Villa shirt ever again to be honest. I don’t see any of our other players giving that attitude out. Let’s just find him another club ASAP and move on. Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m, entitled to it. 

Anyway f that, sorry. I’m hot and typing all this sht out made it look like I was working hard. Stay hydrated lads and all the best. 5 o'clock, great timing. 

Bang the f*CK on!!!

* Out of reactions 

No thanks, his brother is a good player and a good asset. Releasing Caleb just because of Carney leaving really would reflect badly on the academy and make other youngsters think twice before joining us.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well he's Nigerian... For all we know he could actually be 46...

*** Sorry in advance to my Nigerian friends and VTers . Lol

EDIT: who was the guy who was clearly miles older than his stated age, it was fairly recent?

Pure speculation of course. 

Edited by Steero113

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Waiting for that sign ain't he

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Or 

Corinthians 17:4 - sign the **** contract mate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â