Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

There are a lot bitter gammon eating swell heads no offence, laying into the poor fella's character when they don't know the whole situation, could be that he or the club haven't done anything wrong. For now he's essentially grounded, but still might work for the best in the end.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It is the best thing we can do for the club right now. Carney may want to run down his contract and then sign for another club, but if that is what he wants it's important for him to be playing football next season. Now to achieve that he may continue saying he wants to see how much game time he gets before deciding. That way he hopes Villa will play him more to try prove to him he'll get the mins, what this then does is increases the offers he'll get and he wins. Gets his move to Barca or whatever. 

We are calling his bluff. Saying we can't have you in the first team squad and invest in you any further without you committing to the club by signing the contract on offer. Thus putting the ball back in his court. This will ultimately flush out his intentions. He has to come back with, I won't be signing the contract or I will sign it.

If he says he won't sign it, that will become known and clubs will contact Villa (and Carneys team) about signing him, this will then lead to Villa agreeing a price. This moves it onto Carney and his team, he is not staying at Villa he will train on his own. So he either agrees a deal with a new club and is sold or he essentially takes a year out of football before signing for a new club next summer and we get our minor fees or a tribunal set fee if it's a UK club. 

This is how it plays out and I'm very happy with the club on this. They've acted very sensibly here

Yeah I didn’t meant that it was the wrong stance, I back it. It’s just that I don’t see how we can change his mind now unless we offer him more money maybe? Why should we? He’s a youngster and hasn’t really made an impact for the first team yet.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

My reading on this is, that he’s shopping about, seeing what deals are out there for him. I don’t particularly think he’s looking for the exit door just yet… but the more offers come it, the more attractive leaving is.

We are a good club for young talent right now, but the more (better) senior players we sign the harder it is to break through. A player like him, on the cusp of making our fist 11, would be a smidge demoralised  when the club is actively seeking “improvements” in his position.

If he does go, The Uncle Phil gif is waiting, if he stays happy days…

I'm sure he'll have offers he can cite which he wants to play off against ours. We can simply inform him those clubs need to meet our price before you can join them or you can wait a full year and then join them but you won't be playing any football for a year before then. I think it's right the club makes the stand on this as the future of our youth set up hinges a lot on this. There has to be a no negotiation approach from the club over players so young. The path shown by JJ is the patch for everyone. 

The annoything now, or one of the annoying things if he leaves, is that every time we get a promising youngster coming through we're going to get all the comments like 'it doesn't matter anwyay because they will just get poached', even though it happens to all clubs, in fact happens more often at the better academies that are also able to spend a lot of money on their first team, as youngsters will go elsewhere in search of game time, it's one of negative by products of having a decent academy, inevitably you will lose some the talented players it produces.

22 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He and the club committed to a 3 year contract.  He's now told unless he signs a new contract beyond that, he has to stay at home with a year left still on what they had all agreed.  I don't see how anyone can get punished for just wanting to fulfil their contract.

Players cant win, stay until the end of the contract they are bad apples, leave during the contract and they are mercenaries

People complain that City took our under contract captain.  Now this kid wants to fulfil his contract and people are still complaining

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If he is pulling this crap now whats he going to be doing when he really makes it? 

Potential bad apple!

Exactly. Even if he signed a deal now, he'll make sure it's at max a 2 maybe 3 year extension. That way he will guarantee himself able to move to his big club when he's 21 or at worst 22

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I just find it really baffling some of the things said about him already. The guy is 18 YEARS OLD. We don't even know what he's like unless you are connected to him directly or through someone else.

If he now signs a new deal a lot of people will have to tow it back and apologise 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, useless said:

There are a lot bitter gammon eating swell heads no offence, laying into the poor fella's character when they don't know the whole situation, could be that he or the club haven't done anything wrong. For now he's essentially grounded, but still might work for the best in the end.

People laying into an 18 year old's character because he potentially doesn't want to play for a football club that comprises way more of their personalities than their willing to admit are just sad. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Not sure how close DB is with the situation but  

Define ludicrous 

Said before Nakamba and Sanson both earn £50k a week each, chuk has every danger of overtaking both for game time in the next year so why should he earn less? 

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He and the club committed to a 3 year contract.  He's now told unless he signs a new contract beyond that, he has to stay at home with a year left still on what they had all agreed.  I don't see how anyone can get punished for just wanting to fulfil their contract.

Because the club are in a different position to 2 years ago. With a squad of 25 and youth, we as a club need to concentrate on those here for the future.

Also, he's not at home. He's training with his age group and he won't be the first lad to get a sniff of the first team to then be pushed back down for whatever reason the club see fit. 

It's awkward, clearly driven by his agent "Giving it the big one" and trying to get as much ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££'s as he can for himse.....doh! I mean his client. 

Clearly Chuk is a good prospect and such but it sounds as though they are basically crossing the line with demands for him. As such the club has zero option but to not be bullied for obvious reasons. I understand players & agents trying to get the best deal but there are other ways to move forward, for example why not put in a clause whereby he signs but his contract moves up with his experience or something? I dunno I am not up with footy contract negotiations but to just go on as though to run down the contract, when he can leave for effectively nothing at the end, for me is disrespectful to the club which has helped him get to where he is. The least you do then in my opinion is to do right by the club by not allowing that to happen at least. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Define ludicrous 

Said before Nakamba and Sanson both earn £50k a week each, chuk has every danger of overtaking both for game time in the next year so why should he earn less? 

That is very doubtful.

Maybe we low-balled them with a particular contract offer in October and he and his agent need to come around and negotiate. It’s by no means dead. We’ve seen how quickly new contracts are sorted or negotiated. There could be perfectly valid reasons or indeed not. He’s being typecast as some sort of money grabber etc which is really odd all things considered. 

18 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Not sure how close DB is with the situation but  

Well if that’s really the case, then we can’t risk mega bucks on a young prospect. The knock on would be disastrous not just from other youth players, but senior players too. 

imagine Carney getting paid as much as McGinn, ol John wouldn’t be happy about that and he’ll demand more, so on and so on 

Â