Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

9 minutes ago, WHY said:

Why is the PL a fantasy league? Money doesn’t just appear ffs. It’s generated because it’s so popular throughout the world.  Most clubs in the PL are losing money trying to achieve something. Dortmund have that business model because they choose too. They have basically decided that Top 4 is all they want. They are the German version of Arsenal. If their fans are happy then fair play to them. 

PL or a fantasy league. As I wrote in the post you quoted. No one said the PL is a fantasy league.

Again, Dortmund doesn't play in the PL. They don't have the means to make income in a way that the teams they are competing with are. Bayern or the top clubs abroad.

Edit: These are their league placings since 10/11 btw. Not sure settling for 4th is even remotely true but it's a cute hot take.

21/22 Bundesliga Bundesliga   22 3 9 85:52 33 69 2  
20/21 Bundesliga Bundesliga   20 4 10 75:46 29 64 3  
19/20 Bundesliga Bundesliga   21 6 7 84:41 43 69 2  
18/19 Bundesliga Bundesliga   23 7 4 81:44 37 76 2  
17/18 Bundesliga Bundesliga   15 10 9 64:47 17 55 4  
16/17 Bundesliga Bundesliga   18 10 6 72:40 32 64 3  
15/16 Bundesliga Bundesliga   24 6 4 82:34 48 78 2  
14/15 Bundesliga Bundesliga   13 7 14 47:42 5 46 7  
13/14 Bundesliga Bundesliga   22 5 7 80:38 42 71 2  
12/13 Bundesliga Bundesliga   19 9 6 81:42 39 66 2  
11/12 Bundesliga Bundesliga   25 6 3 80:25 55 81 1  
10/11 Bundesliga Bundesliga   23 6 5 67:22 45 75 1
Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

PL or a fantasy league. As I wrote in the post you quoted. No one said the PL is a fantasy league.

Again, Dortmund doesn't play in the PL. They don't have the means to make income in a way that the teams they are competing with are. Bayern or the top clubs abroad.

I just don’t get how a team who get over 70,000 every home game and play CL every season and have a positive net spend over the last 10 seasons can’t compete. Like I said I’m not knocking it but it just makes the Bundesliga a very boring and predictable league. 

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

I just don’t get how a team who get over 70,000 every home game and play CL every season and have a positive net spend over the last 10 seasons can’t compete. Like I said I’m not knocking it but it just makes the Bundesliga a very boring and predictable league. 

It's simply because Bayern are so far ahead that it's impossible to compete. They way Bayern are owned and run makes it impossible.

And fwiw I think the Bundesliga is great to watch. Far from boring imo. Yeah Bayern will win, but City should win the PL unless they have a off year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

It's simply because Bayern are so far ahead that it's impossible to compete. They way Bayern are owned and run makes it impossible.

And fwiw I think the Bundesliga is great to watch. Far from boring imo. Yeah Bayern will win, but City should win the PL unless they have a off year. 

Plus the way Bayern do business is that they look to strengthen themselves and also weaken a rival by signing their best player(s), which they have done multiple times to Dortmund over the last few years

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WHY said:

Because you're only looking at Dortmund and not at bayern is the simple answer 

Bayern, somehow quietly, are an absolute machine, they're as bad as anyone at the top table but because they don't make the same noise as barca, Madrid, juve etc and people in general revere German football they're somehow seen in a positive light 

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Imagine my shock. People got mad at clickbait. 

Absolutely tearing the kid apart in some quarters based on that article, im pretty sure it will all come clear once he has finished the tournament he is in and had a break

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Patrick Berger the ex footballer? That's one for the players i forgot existed thread.

No, Patrick Berger the German journalist. But agree on the second part of your post.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Absolutely tearing the kid apart in some quarters based on that article, im pretty sure it will all come clear once he has finished the tournament he is in and had a break

I know it’s a small minority but it’s just embarrassing how angry people got. I really hope Carney is staying. Regardless or not, there’s no place for such idiocy. 

• Like 3

Â