Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, hippo said:

Was just about to post the same same thing. With Gerrards stated aim of raising the age of the squad, and the nominal game time given to our youngsters its difficult to see Carney signing on for another 3 years (assuming game time is the issue - not £££) 

I was surprised  TIm Iroegbunam signed an extension to be honest

I am impressed by any kid who fancies his chances.....belief and self confidence plays a huge part in making the grade.

It strikes me the kid has the right ingredients and has backed himself, so signed a new contract.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, skarroki said:

At some point you have to wonder if he's good enough and/or ready. We've turned JJ into a prem league CM who starts most games, if Carney was as good as him he'd be getting in the line up too. The manager picks players who he thinks will win matches and although I'm sure consistency and experience also come into play, you do have to wonder whether he's ready yet.

If they don't think he's ready but someone else does that's just football sometimes. He could be the next Ravel Morrison as much as the next Grealish 

He's two years younger than JJ so I might be wrong here but he's a year ahead of his curve 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's two years younger than JJ so I might be wrong here but he's a year ahead of his curve 

why bring his girlfriend in to it.?😀

On 23/03/2022 at 11:57, villa4europe said:

according to the rags reporting what his agent is leaking...

i'll be honest and say i've never seen a number, seen his agent moaning and seen that he wont sign it but i've never seen "he wants £50k a week"

im sure actually very little has been said, this is just running because of the fans and the local rags, there's hardly anything to it, which is why i hate that so many are so quickly jumping on his back

You’re absolutely right. We all know nothing in reality. I’m as guilty as the next man in sometimes being over protective of the club and jumping to conclusions. There’s not really been any noise from Chuck or the club. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re absolutely right. We all know nothing in reality. I’m as guilty as the next man in sometimes being over protective of the club and jumping to conclusions. There’s not really been any noise from Chuck or the club. 

Personally, I'll just wait until he plays and shows enough for me to get interested.....in the meantime, he's just another academy player, trying to make the grade.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Could be wrong but thought Gerrard said very recently that there was no breakthrough on contract talks.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Could be wrong but thought Gerrard said very recently that there was no breakthrough on contract talks.

He did

But he didn't say why or give any details or say that he won't get a kick until he signs

All of those things came from villa fans 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Does anyone yet have any idea who Carney's representatives are?

I've not been able to find any information about an agency that represents him and I'm increasingly convinced it might be his church.

Not much help but someone in a Twitter thread insinuating his insight came with authority says he has an agent that is making power plays.

I lack the interest and reach to assist any further.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t watch German football to know the answer, but will Carney start for Dortmund If he goes? Or would that take them selling Bellingham first? 

Complete guess work....but "if".....

1) they sell Bellingham this summer for big bucks.

2) they will be looking for the next player they can get for peanuts (relative peanuts), develop and sell on.

3) Maybe thats Chuka.

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Complete guess work....but "if".....

1) they sell Bellingham this summer for big bucks.

2) they will be looking for the next player they can get for peanuts (relative peanuts), develop and sell on.

3) Maybe thats Chuka.

Something like this probably, it’s their business model to keep players only a couple of years to maximize profits. I bet they regret agreeing to that release clause for Haaland btw.

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t watch German football to know the answer, but will Carney start for Dortmund If he goes? Or would that take them selling Bellingham first? 

I don't think that he replaces Bellingham to be honest. Don't they play different positions? However, he'll get a good deal of minutes I'd imagine. You probably won't see him for the first half of the season, other than the odd cup game. They'll let him settle and get used to the way things are over there and slowly introduce him in to the side. He won't play as much as Bellingham did in his first season as Bellingham is just a freakish talent - only 4 months older than Carney and already played over 100 career games.

I'd imagine something approaching 1500 minutes over the course of his first season, and if he is then deemed good enough, they'll probably look to give him more time. Dortmund usually only sell one big player every season, Sancho last summer, most likely Haaland this summer. Summer 2023 could be Bellingham then.

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

No he wont

Said a couple of pages back dortmund are a bit of a myth with this developing youth stuff

They've got Bellingham in their team at the moment (and doing really well) and then they have a striker called moukoko who is really highly rated and had a crazy record at youth level but that's about it, they're not bringing kids through, definitley not got youngsters or their bench every week like we have 

For that reason I don't buy in to the link too much, I think it's lazy 

Edit - I had a look, if I say moukoko is a star potential striker, one of the highest potential strikers in Europe... He's played 168 mins in the league this season, started 1 game and made 10 sub appearances 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Something like this probably, it’s their business model to keep players only a couple of years to maximize profits. I bet they regret agreeing to that release clause for Haaland btw.

I doubt he signs for Dortmund without that release clause anyway. He was already attracting interest from the top clubs before Dortmund got him. Dortmund needed to sweeten the deal to get him to come to them.

Â