Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

IMO he needs to be in the mix every game.  I don't expect him to start most games, but he should be one of the first one off the bench when healthy.  I'm honestly wondering if Gerard will consider occasionally going with a false 9 when we are healthy.  Ings and Watkins were pretty brutal today and clearly do not work well together.... but again, back to Carney, IMO he should be involved in most, if not all games in some way shape or form... and we need to get him to sign.

He certainly hasn't done himself any harm playing like that.

That won't go unnoticed with SG.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I was particularly impressed with him tonight.

We need to ignore all the noise and just let him get on with his football.

Play like that and he will be ok.

Agreed, we don’t really know the contract situation, it’s all just noise. What we do know is that under SG his place in the team and therefore any contract out in front of him will need to be earned and not negotiated.

Train hard and play like he did yesterday and his future is bright. If he and his agent think that moving to the likes of Man City or Chelsea for perpetual loans or sitting on their bench is the way forward for him then fine, but I think it would be a mistake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Looked very good when he came on. Would like to see him start against the like of Everton and Watford. 

Not ready to start IMO....but more minutes and gradually ease him in lIke JJ.....but its a squad game now, and he is firmly in the squad.

However, his few minutes was purposeful/meaningful and thats really important...he made an identifiable impact.

We have to remind ourselves the score was 0-2 when he came on, and yes,Phil will capture the headlines on that, but Carney was instrumental in the turn around.

He will be some player, and his best position, is still in doubt for me, because he looks so versatile.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness to him he always does, he looks like he enjoys himself at the club and he's got a lot of friends here. 

In my opinion, and it's not based on more than guesswork based on what I'm looking at, we have a player that's happy to be here and an agent that's trying to make some money - in all the scenarios where people talk about him moving, it never seems to quite add up from a footballing perspective, the only driver seems to be the agent.

Does anyone know who Carney's agent is?

Nope, but whoever it is they're doing a hell of a job. Carney continues his development like this and Villa fans will be screaming to pay whatever he wants by the end of the season. 

• Like 1

If he wants to do his talking.....that is the best way to do it.

He must be happy with that cameo, and that is the kind of thing the club will respond to.

play like that, building up to 90 minutes incrementally and there will be no talking to be done....they say " action speaks louder than words"....

and Carney surely emphasised that.

• Like 1

It's always interesting to hear the language that managers use in complimenting or criticising players. Gerrard very much emphasised that what he liked about Chukwuemeka yesterday was his "power", in all of the post match interviews he mentioned he used the word "powerful" or "power" in describing what he liked about Carney's performance which I'm guessing means that's what he's looking for more of in order for the player to progress.

I think he's right too, Carney is a big boy and he needs to bring a bit more fight and aggression to his game to really dominate things, it's something the manager had in abundance and I think if we can get some of that into Carney he can gain the ability to play in both lines of our midfield. We know he's got great feet and great balance, that he can pass the ball well and has good vision, if we can add some of the fight and some of the power that his frame suggests he'll have, then he'll be a very good player indeed.

Good management and good development of a player - he's in good hands, hopefully his agent doesn't need too big a car.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Not ready to start IMO....but more minutes and gradually ease him in lIke JJ.....but its a squad game now, and he is firmly in the squad.

However, his few minutes was purposeful/meaningful and thats really important...he made an identifiable impact.

We have to remind ourselves the score was 0-2 when he came on, and yes,Phil will capture the headlines on that, but Carney was instrumental in the turn around.

He will be some player, and his best position, is still in doubt for me, because he looks so versatile.

Seems like he could become a rover...  CAM perhaps may suit him best.  I think he has the ability to be clinical in the final third with clever balls etc, but also dropping deeper.  His size is intriguing... even though he's 18 he looks enormous out there (to me at least).  With some smaller players in our squad, having a bruiser like Carney is not a bad thing whatsoever.  Definitely has that versatility.  Super sub for me going forward the rest of the year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't see how we keep him. If he doesn't want to sign the contract that's that. We should sell him in the summer so we make money and have a sell on clause as part of the deal. 

18 months left. He doesn't leave before then. If he won't sign a new contract then we'll get compensation anyway. That could be more than what we might be able to sell him for this summer, especially if he has a break out year next year. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

18 months left. He doesn't leave before then. If he won't sign a new contract then we'll get compensation anyway. That could be more than what we might be able to sell him for this summer, especially if he has a break out year next year. 

Yeah from what a I've read 20% sell on clauses are included in those too. So if he does leave we will get our compensation

He might be a bit special this one, still needs to show it for the first team but there's something about him for sure. He's got 18 months left, it's not like he's out of contract in the summer. No need to rush anything and if the club really want to keep him then unless someone come up with a stupid offer he'll sign a new contract with us.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I would start him against Everton on Saturday, I think he is a better option as a number 10 than playing Ings or Watkins out of position there.

It gives him an opportunity, and shows him that he's a first team player going forward.

Coutinho can then replace him late on.

He's some player, and the stronger he gets the better he will be in the PL.

Not now Duncan Donut will be in charge. Going to be some huge tackles going in . He will gee them right up. Once all the aggression is out of the way bring him on for 30 mins

• Like 2

Â