Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Gotta be so frustrating for the club if he just buggers off. What’s the point of developing players (which is often the gripe of the teams that aren’t too 

You know what. We have barely ever lost a really good player at a young age. And i don't see that changing. 18  months left on his deal . If he doesnt sign by the summer it would be suicide for him as we could literally put him back in the u23s for a season and put his career back to square 1. And then just promote Tim or Aaron who want to be here. 

I think Gerrard would be ruthless if he doesnt sign. Players do have power but in this situation turning down playing for the greatest box to box midfielder of his generation would not end well  

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You know what. We have barely ever lost a really good player at a young age. And i don't see that changing. 18  months left on his deal . If he doesnt sign by the summer it would be suicide for him as we could literally put him back in the u23s for a season and put his career back to square 1. And then just promote Tim or Aaron who want to be here. 

I think Gerrard would be ruthless if he doesnt sign. Players do have power but in this situation turning down playing for the greatest box to box midfielder of his generation would not end well  

Plus, the offer of his first big money contract 12 months ahead of schedule would surely be too much for him to refuse. That’s what every young player craves. Why would he risk waiting? A bad injury could jeopardise everything.

Gary Cahill is the only one I can think of and that was O’Neill’s fault. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

No chance he leaves considering the manager he could learn so much from. I mean, it would be such a poor career choice, I would almost say good luck with the rest of your career blighted by stupidity.

Depends what his agent is telling him. 

I think he probably is a little frustrated by the lack of playing time. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Depends what his agent is telling him. 

I think he probably is a little frustrated by the lack of playing time. 

He turned 18 a month and a half ago. Hes a talent but hes not yet ready to be starting in a top 10 prem midfield. Conor Gallagher is 42 months older than him . His agent needs to see sense 

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He turned 18 a month and a half ago. Hes a talent but hes not yet ready to be starting in a top 10 prem midfield. Conor Gallagher is 42 months older than him . His agent needs to see sense 

Young shouldn't be playing ahead of him as an inside forward imo. 

30 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

His agent won't care. He'll see a big talent and if he can get him in the mood for regularly moving clubs at a young age, he'll see $$. 

would be silly to leave at the moment imo. 3 ex-players/players he can learn from, one genuinely who was world class on his day, another who was an extremely solid and capable midfielder who had a decent career and another who has won premier league and various cups. Gerrard, GMac and Young btw ;)

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Gotta be so frustrating for the club if he just buggers off. What’s the point of developing players (which is often the gripe of the teams that aren’t too 6). 

He probably is just playing his hand for a better contract same with Luiz. Running it down might make us overpay or it let's them showcase more stuff to try and get us to pay more.

Like for carney if he can be a regular sub off the bench now then we will pay more than if he is just hanging around the first team. 

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Yeah he even went as far to put this midfield out against Arsenal rather than play him.

On This Day In 2011, Man Utd Beat Arsenal With 'The Worst Midfield In  Premier League History' - SPORTbible

They still won.

The fact he could beat Arsenal with this team is insane. Pretty much any Villa lineup in recent memory could have a fair crack at that team. 

Â