Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How do you think we loaned Drinkwater?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

I think there has been a misunderstanding...

The window closes for international and Prem to Prem transfers on monday it stays open for transfers to and from the leagues below. Drinkwater was just a regular loan during a window i.e. before monday transfer

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think there has been a misunderstanding...

The window closes for international and Prem to Prem transfers on monday it stays open for transfers to and from the leagues below. Drinkwater was just a regular loan during a window i.e. before monday transfer

This.^
Primary summer transfer window for international and between Premier league clubs ends the 5th of October. Then there is a second, domestic only, transfer window from the 5th through 16th of October.

https://www.premierleague.com/transfers/summer/2020

Edited by Aston_Villan4

I think I am at the point where I’m not sure adding in any more bodies into the squad is a good idea. Too many new players to gel together.

Great window. Let them all settle in and then wait for January to see what we need.

Maybe it shouldn’t, but 6 points in the bag makes me even more confident on that stance (we are 15% of the way to safety with 5% of the games gone).

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Ok. I don’t see any real need to argue, if we sign another attacker I’m fine with that. But I’m 90% sure he meant Barkley. 

I don't think @Okonokos Was arguing, but answering the question that was put to him, and I agree with him.

Also, how anyone can assume we sell a striker and replace him with a central midfielder is quite baffling.

Before Samatta was sold we were looking at needing a ST, AML and talking of trying to also strengthen in central midfield too.

Now Samatta has gone we still need two players for the void of a striker and also an attacking midfielder - We're looking at someone who can play both those positions!

I read it the same as @Okonokos

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Before Samatta was sold we were looking at needing a ST, AML and talking of trying to also strengthen in midfield central midfield too.

Can play striker: Watkins Davis Traore (Wesley to come back)

AML/AMR: Grealish Traore Trez AEG

CM: Luiz McGinn Barkley Hourihane Nakamba Ramsey Lansbury

That's 14 players to cover front 6 plus Wesley to come back

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Jack is not a left winger in the slightest!

He plays as a wide left forward to class him as a left winger is ludicrous 😂

3 hours ago, Enda said:

This is one of the most deranged posts I’ve ever read.

There has been a few made so far.

We're still waiting to see a quote or link to back up these astronomical wage demands that he stated Rashica was demanding too.

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm also going by what DS said.

Firstly, Wesley will be lucky if he kicks a ball for us again before February so I wouldn't even be including him in any discussion for now.

I don't think going into the season with Watkins and Davis as our only two strikers is a wise move?

AEG isn't good enough at this level imo, whilst Luiz, Nakamba & Lansbury are not attacking midfielders and those 14 players suddenly become approx 8.

I'll say it again. We are short in the striker position and we also need someone who can play the attacking midfield role.

I feel we are looking to bring in one more player who can play both of those positions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think going into the season with Watkins and Davis as our only two strikers is a wise move?

I'm going with what DS said too. Traore can play striker. 12 goals in 24 appearances there. There was 1 club he scored in 5 consecutive games including 2 in 1 game for 6 in 5 at CF

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

There has been a few made so far.

We're still waiting to see a quote or link to back up these astronomical wage demands that he stated Rashica was demanding too.

I didn't say atronomical I said excessive, google it plenty if links.

Look you're getting a bit obsessive with the Rashica stuff now, give yourself a break and don't get so stressed about it chill man if it happens it happens ✌

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did some lurking on the Bremen forum, seems they feel Bayern Munich could possibly be in for the Kosovan lad?

Apparently Bayerns Sporting Director met with their chief yesterday etc.

Yeah I read something similar a few days back, it may well be the case they have sniffed around, but if Bayern's offer of oersinal terms is the same as Liverpool & AC Milan then I doubt he will go there either.

It's like Jack to Man Utd scenario, he's not leaving to bench warm, not when you're aboit to hit the peak of your playing career.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I didn't say atronomical I said excessive, google it plenty if links.

Look you're getting a bit obsessive with the Rashica stuff now, give yourself a break and don't get so stressed about it chill man if it happens it happens ✌

It's fine. I simply asked you where you heard it which feels you're now diverting from, I could be wrong.

Equally, not obsessed nor stressed either, but thanks for the concern.

Listen, I agree, if he arrives he arrives, if he doesn't, then ideally a plan B comes in.

But It's evident you have a different feeling to the player/transfer than many other posters on this forum and you've been against it since day one to be fair.

Enjoy the window. It's been the best one we've had since God knows when.  :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Definitely don’t think Barkley was signed as the guy who can do a job in midfield and attack, he’s the No.8 that’s been trailed for weeks. 

Fully expect us to be in the mix over the last 3 days of the international window and trying to secure a forward, if that’s King or Benrahma then our priority targets probably got away. 

Either way, no one can argue that the club is lacking ambition given our business so far. In Smith we trust. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's fine. I simply asked you where you heard it which feels you're now diverting from, I could be wrong.

Equally, not obsessed nor stressed either, but thanks for the concern.

Listen, I agree, if he arrives he arrives, if he doesn't, then ideally a plan B comes in.

But It's evident you have a different feeling to the player/transfer than many other posters on this forum and you've been against it since day one to be fair.

Enjoy the window. It's been the best one we've had since God knows when.  :thumb:

Now that's really not true, but if it makes you feel better saying it so be it. I'll be delighted if he signs but won't lose any sleep over it if he doesn't.

Agree it's been a great window for the club and I'm really optimistic about the season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

Definitely don’t think Barkley was signed as the guy who can do a job in midfield and attack, he’s the No.8 that’s been trailed for weeks. 

Fully expect us to be in the mix over the last 3 days of the international window and trying to secure a forward, if that’s King or Benrahma then our priority targets probably got away. 

Either way, no one can argue that the club is lacking ambition given our business so far. In Smith we trust. 

Not convinced Barkley is that one either, will be an interesting few weeks.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

You've answered you're own question here really, I'd you ask me?

Firstly, you have traore down twice. 

But, secondly and most importantly, you have 6 players for the front 3 positions. (ST, AML, AMR).

1 isn't good enough and should be moved on. AEG.

2 are squad players (Trez and Davis) and we all agreed last year that this should be the case.

That leaves 3 definite starters for 3 remaining positions. It's nowhere near enough in respect to competition for places. We pick up an injury, suspension, tiredness with this tight season and we are screwed in those attacking areas. We need more absolutely, 100%. 

We don't want to be moving players from the CM position to cover these forward areas and take away from the CM position.

Of those 7 players you have for those positions:

1 isn't good enough (Lansbury), Ramsey is young and untried on a regular PL level. He's shown a hell of a lot of promise, I'll grant you. Nakamba has had a tough first year and needs time to adapt and develop in the prem league. We aren't as stocked as you seem to make it.

Denying us and extra attacking player would leave us in a similar position to last year, we need options. It's something we had nothing of last year. It's a long season, we need to rotate and have options. An extra attacking player (one that covers all 3 attacking spaces, ideally) is IMO exactly what we need!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

if that’s King or Benrahma then our priority targets probably got away. 

No way King is in the mix. Front 6 is Luiz McGinn Barkley Traore Watkins Grealish then backup Hourihane Nakamba Davis AEG Trez covers. 

King and Benrahma won't displace that 6 and will want guaranteed minutes. It's not happening