Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It may well not be true.

Fwiw, I don't think wages would be a problem in any negotiations with us and the player. (Rashica)

Yes he would want better than what he is already on at Bremen and I don't think it would be a problem if we offered double what he is on now, but I'm guessing whatever you have read or heard about it being a deciding factor in any deal is probably aload of bollocks by a half arsed journalist.

A lot of the rashica resentment has been on Twitter, people buying into the ‘he doesn’t want to come/he’s holding out for better’ story. I think a lot of people have jumped the gun and come to their own conclusions.

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do the same with Liverpool. Mane Firmino Salah. What's the backup? Brewster said to be loan likely Origi and Minimoto. Are Liverpool fans going nuts about hypothetical injuries? Probably not. This is nonsense Football Manager thinking not based in the real post Covid world besides the FFP factor

Liverpool also have Jota and Shakiri as attackers. They actually have really good strength in depth that we should try and replicate. Shakiri doesn’t make the bench some weeks!

• Like 1

Just now, Loxstock92 said:

A lot of the rashica resentment has been on Twitter, people buying into the ‘he doesn’t want to come/he’s holding out for better’ story. I think a lot of people have jumped the gun and come to their own conclusions.

Correct.

DS said after the Fulham game we're one short in the squad so signing Barkley could indicate that's our final bit of business. However, given he also said that we're looking for a player that can cover midfield and attack (which to me isn't Barkley as he can't play up front) so i suspect we are still looking for one more. A defender would be useful - even another loan for someone like Sessegnon, Foyth, Tuanzebe etc - but I don't think we will get one. I think we need to try to shift out Jota, Lansbury, Nyland and Kalinic. 

We're still favourites to sign Sarr interestingly ahead of Man Yoo. I don't see us spending that much to get him but maybe a loan to buy could be on the cards if Watford are prepared to go there. I do think we need another winger/forward because competition is healthy and if Watkins has poor form or an injury Davis up front doesn't give me an awful lot of confidence. If rumours are true and Josh King is available for £10m that is a sensible deal and I'm sure we could afford that. He can cover multiple positions and gives us great depth. 

Either way it has been a good window. I think even with what we have we will be fine this season and could have a very positive campaign.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

12 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

People did what?! On Twitter?!!

😄

• Haha 2

I think it's tough bringing in a decent striker or AML of a decent quality now. 

I can't see Rashica, Benramha or Eduoard coming to sit on the bench waiting for their chance. Anyone of a high standard will want to be starting in the first 11. We just can't guarantee them that. 

4 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I think I am at the point where I’m not sure adding in any more bodies into the squad is a good idea. Too many new players to gel together.

Great window. Let them all settle in and then wait for January to see what we need.

Maybe it shouldn’t, but 6 points in the bag makes me even more confident on that stance (we are 15% of the way to safety with 5% of the games gone).

Well on one hand I agree. On the other hand we are supposed to be showing ambition so just staying probably won't be sufficient to keep hold of our best players come next summer.

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I can't see Rashica, Benramha or Eduoard coming to sit on the bench waiting for their chance. Anyone of a high standard will want to be starting in the first 11. We just can't guarantee them that. 

If we are splashing around €20m+ I think they are being viewed to being in the 1st team and not to play understudy to El Ghazi.

If they are good enough then they will keep the shirt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

We shouldn’t be guaranteeing anyone a place in the starting 11. The player has to do that themselves through their performance. 

Just a thought, and an open question to anyone, if Edouard was to sign for Leicester or Arsenal, do you think he’d be starting every game? Same with Benrahma at Chelsea, or to a slightly lesser extent, Palace?

Is Rashica guaranteed to start for Dortmund? 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

No way King is in the mix. Front 6 is Luiz McGinn Barkley Traore Watkins Grealish then backup Hourihane Nakamba Davis AEG Trez covers. 

King and Benrahma won't displace that 6 and will want guaranteed minutes. It's not happening

So what you're saying is we have bugger all if any of our creative players get injured, suspended, or need resting.

AEG doesn't have the mental strength to succeed at this level. Trez is a trier and has a role to play. Davis is a talented youngster, but he only plays one position. 

We NEED to ship Out AEG and Jota and bring in another wide forward.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Not sure it’s quite that simple, allowing for injuries, suspensions and form and the fact that Jack may need to cover CM, then 4 players for 3 positions really doesn’t mean that much time for anyone to be on them bench’.  Also, I’d assume all those you mention would think they’d be ahead of Traore in the pecking order.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

No way King is in the mix. Front 6 is Luiz McGinn Barkley Traore Watkins Grealish then backup Hourihane Nakamba Davis AEG Trez covers. 

King and Benrahma won't displace that 6 and will want guaranteed minutes. It's not happening

I really do think King is in the mix, reckon the Benrahma boat has sailed though. King wouldn't cost much and wouldn't demand big wages he'd fancy his chances of pushing Watkins for a starting place and can play CF, LW and also drop deeper.

At the start of the window I'd have said no thanks if he was our No 1 target but after the signings we've made I think he'd be a decent addition. No way he could ask for guaranteed minutes only way he'd get that is by staying where he is.

• Like 3

It’s make sense to bring in another.  People are talking about the front six but no club play the same midfield and front line for every game, all season....it’s just not realistic.  

From form, tactics, injuries, suspensions and other reasons the thought that those six will play 95% of the minutes and be how will would like them to be.  It’s not hard to imagine that one will struggle this season (we only have to look at last season to see that), we may unfortunately get injuries this season or the combo of those players just doesn’t work.  

Hopefully some of that will be compensated by one of the kids stepping up like Ramsey or a squad player steps up but adding another quality addition especially on that frontline for me is needed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Definitely don’t think Barkley was signed as the guy who can do a job in midfield and attack, he’s the No.8 that’s been trailed for weeks. 

Fully expect us to be in the mix over the last 3 days of the international window and trying to secure a forward, if that’s King or Benrahma then our priority targets probably got away. 

Either way, no one can argue that the club is lacking ambition given our business so far. In Smith we trust. 

TBH I think we've managed to sign our priority targets. 

Why do people keep saying XXX won't come if they aren't guaranteed a start?

Are teams doing that for transfers now, I can't see it. For loans I understand as the parent club needs their player developed

But no team is bringing in a player and guaranteeing him starts the player has to earn it.

What happens if you guarantee a player starts and he turns out to be terrible for you? You continue losing or you get sued. Playing guarantees are not happening, right?

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

They've just signed Jota for £40m.

Exactly. They Have Minamino, Origi, Shakiri, and Jota. Then they have big talents in Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot coming through. They are absolutely stacked. 

We have on Trez, AEG and Davis. Seems pretty anaemic. 

Everton for example have Iwobi, Walcott, Bernard, Sigardson, Kean as back ups to Rodriguez, Richarlson, and Calvert-Lewin.

Last season Bournemouth had King, Fraser, Wilson, Brooks, Harry Wilson, and they got relegated.

• Like 2