Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Engels has either been injured all this time or Dean Smith basically hates him which is what is rumoured, also Engels and Hause are crap.

If we are counting all the players who play in those front three positions then we have 8 players..... whatever way you run the argument it makes no sense when you need defenders.

Hause and Engels are both OK not great but OK as cover if one of them was to go then yes I agree we should bring in a new CB. But unless that is the case I believe the money would be better spent elsewhere. No big deal agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Hause and Engels are both OK not great but OK as cover if one of them was to go then yes I agree we should bring in a new CB. But unless that is the case I believe the money would be better spent elsewhere. No big deal agree to disagree.

And Elmo shown adequate CB capable and Dean has said we're not going to stockpile players. I think Barkley is the end of our transfers IN at least front 6 anyway

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Hause is ok for a mid table championship club and Engels is ok for top half championship club, neither of them are remotely good enough to play in the premier league on a regular basis.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

And Elmo and Dean has said we're not going to stockpile players. I think Barkley is the end of our transfers IN at least front 6 anyway

Yep no way are we signing anything other than defenders now

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

And Elmo shown adequate CB capable and Dean has said we're not going to stockpile players. I think Barkley is the end of our transfers IN at least front 6 anyway

True Elmo played there in the cup game.

I do think we will bring in one more up front just not a big signing if Wesley was fit don't think it would need to happen.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yep no way are we signing anything other than defenders now

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Hause is ok for a mid table championship club and Engels is ok for top half championship club, neither of them are remotely good enough to play in the premier league on a regular basis.

We'll see I guess.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Then how come Smith said the other day he wanted a midfielder and a forward? Suggests an attacking player incoming, especially after Samatta left.

Got the actual quote? Plus we just signed one of those...

27 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Where do you live Okonokos. For me it was 00:13 when you wrote that so today for alot of us 😉

I had no idea that was the time! That's what self isolation does to you. You lose track of space and time!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I had no idea that was the time! That's what self isolation does to you. You lose track of space and time!

I never lose track of space.... I fully understand that it’s the void between a blue noses ears 🧐

49 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Jack is not a left winger in the slightest!

He plays as a wide left forward to class him as a left winger is ludicrous 😂

In the 4-3-3 we play every game, he’s playing wide left in the forward line. Call it whatever you like. Point is that is where he will be playing, not midfield.

Edited by Adam2003

24 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Then how come Smith said the other day he wanted a midfielder and a forward? Suggests an attacking player incoming, especially after Samatta left.

He said he thought we would end up with one player who can cover both midfield and ‘the forward line’ - meaning somewhere across the front 3. 90% sure that’s Barkley.

Edited by Adam2003

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

He said he thought we would end up with one player who can cover both midfield and then forward line’ - meaning somewhere across the front 3. 90% sure that’s Barkley.

Barkley has played +90% of games 50/50 split between #8 and #10 so not across the front 3

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Barkley has played +90% of games 50/50 split between #8 and #10 so not across the front 3

I’m just saying I think when Smith said he wants a player who can play midfield and cover further forward he meant Barkley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

5:43m

Its possible he is referring to Ross Barkley with the "both" comment?

So from the man himself 1 more which is a loan and people still think we going to sign Rashica/Sarr/Beundia 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

5:43m

Its possible he is referring to Ross Barkley with the "both" comment?

Sounded to me like he wasn't referencing anyone in particular (perhaps that was the point at the time) but yes I would say that player is Barkley.

I would be amazed if the club thinks we don't need a central defender

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Got the actual quote? Plus we just signed one of those...

11 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He said he thought we would end up with one player who can cover both midfield and ‘the forward line’ - meaning somewhere across the front 3. 90% sure that’s Barkley.

He said:

“There’s a number of positions, obviously Ally (Samatta) going out, you look at the forward line, but also midfield as well.

“We’ll see if there’s one who can fit both for us.”

Now, I see Barkley as a central midfielder and probably a replacement for Hourihane. Has he ever played across the front line? I don't see him as that type of player.

As he mentions Samatta specifically, I take it that we would like another attacker.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

He said:

“There’s a number of positions, obviously Ally (Samatta) going out, you look at the forward line, but also midfield as well.

“We’ll see if there’s one who can fit both for us.”

Now, I see Barkley as a central midfielder and probably a replacement for Hourihane. Has he ever played across the front line? I don't see him as that type of player.

As he mentions Samatta specifically, I take it that we would like another attacker.

Ok. I don’t see any real need to argue, if we sign another attacker I’m fine with that. But I’m 90% sure he meant Barkley. 

• Like 1