Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m calling it, Rashica will be announced tomorrow. 

Believe it just happened with Traore, but how often are signings announced on a match day?

Thats a genuine question. Seems like even if a deal is done, might be smart to hold off an announcement until a non-match day to generate additional interest in the activities of the club.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We have 4 players to play as a striker, for one position.

We have effectively 3 centre backs to play for two positions
We have 2 left backs to play for one position and not many like either.......

We don't have limitless money choices have to be made and your choice isn't a sensible one.

Exactly that's why we can get by with the options we have at CB and LB unless any of those move on. We play 3 up front not one we need options all across that front line currently one of those option is a midfielder (Jack).

1 minute ago, MNVillan said:

Believe it just happened with Traore, but how often are signings announced on a match day?

Thats a genuine question. Seems like even if a deal is done, might be smart to hold off an announcement until a non-match day to generate additional interest in the activities of the club.

Am I the only one who completely forgot it's a match day tomorrow? Maybe he'll fly in tomorrow for a medical and be announced Friday morning instead then? 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Exactly that's why we can get by with the options we have at CB and LB unless any of those move on. We play 3 up front not one we need options all across that front line currently one of those option is a midfielder (Jack).

We can get by with three centre backs for two positions but can’t get by with four players who can play striker for one position....

No

Some people think Jack plays better as an attacking midfielder in the middle, myself included, that doesn’t however mean he isn’t going to start as a wide forward on the left all year which he will just like last year, Barkley’s signing confirmed that today.

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

This is a weird point to me (the ‘one of those options is a midfielder’) - Jack’s very definitely a left winger. He’s maybe one we think could play behind a striker if we played that formation, and he can play well in central mid, and he could do a job wide right, but the idea he’s somehow out of position in the forward line is strange.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Am I the only one who completely forgot it's a match day tomorrow? Maybe he'll fly in tomorrow for a medical and be announced Friday morning instead then? 😉

I didn’t forget I am very hopeful we will be in the quarter final draw for December 

Well now Barkley joined, and obvious Jack stays on left, no to RashiCaaaCaaaCaaa joining. So instead i hope we sign another Striker and a CB because we really could be in a spot of bother with Injurys to Watkins, Mings or Konsa, we need some replacements.

47 minutes ago, paul514 said:

For me I would sign Tuanzebe on a loan with option to buy

What do you think about his hip injury, hamstring injury, and "unknown injury" all in 2019 and hasn't kicked a ball in 2020 that I'm aware of. 

What can't people move on from him?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

This is a weird point to me (the ‘one of those options is a midfielder’) - Jack’s very definitely a left winger. He’s maybe one we think could play behind a striker if we played that formation, and he can play well in central mid, and he could do a job wide right, but the idea he’s somehow out of position in the forward line is strange.

Even when he played central he drifted wide , the higher up the pitch he is the better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

What do you think about his hip injury, hamstring injury, and "unknown injury" all in 2019 and hasn't kicked a ball in 2020 that I'm aware of. 

What can't people move on from him?

I already said.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest he has been unlucky, they are unrelated and before that he had one injury in his history as a player

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

We can get by with three centre backs for two positions but can’t get by with four players who can play striker for one position....

No

Some people think Jack plays better as an attacking midfielder in the middle, myself included, that doesn’t however mean he isn’t going to start as a wide forward on the left all year which he will just like last year, Barkley’s signing confirmed that today.

We have 4 CB's for 2 positions? 

We normally play a front 3 so need options all across the front in case of injuries, up front doesn't just mean CF!

I agree it does look like Jack will continue to play LW.

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Jack is not a left winger in the slightest!

He plays as a wide left forward to class him as a left winger is ludicrous 😂

Just now, zab6359 said:

We have 4 CB's for 2 positions? 

We normally play a front 3 so need options all across the front in case of injuries, up front doesn't just mean CF!

I agree it does look like Jack will continue to play LW.

Engels has either been injured all this time or Dean Smith basically hates him which is what is rumoured, also Engels and Hause are crap.

If we are counting all the players who play in those front three positions then we have 8 players..... whatever way you run the argument it makes no sense when you need defenders.

13 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Where do you live Okonokos. For me it was 00:13 when you wrote that so today for alot of us 😉

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Jack is not a left winger in the slightest!

He plays as a wide left forward to class him as a left winger is ludicrous 😂

Technically he does play on the wing alot 😉