Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

38 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

I think one thing that is important is the length of the contracts as it will reduce the figure from an accounting standpoint at the end of the year. 

However, I would like us to sell a player or two to at least make some money back that we can use against our outgoings. Surely we will sell a keeper and maybe someone like Lansbury, Jota - especially if we will bring in another midfielder/winger soon. All the new purchases are divided by the length of their contract and written off every year. 

Using the Guardians interactive tool for reference and the latest reports for Martinez, Traore.. (I have ignored add ons for the sake of simplicity)

• Matty Cash 16m on 5yr deal = 3.2m 
  • Ollie Watkins 28m on 5 year deal = 5.6m
  • Emiliano Martinez on 16m on a reported 4 year deal = 4m
  • Bertrand Traore on 17m on a reported 4 year deal = 4.25m 
  • Milot Rashica rumoured 18.5m and let's assume a 4 year deal = 4.625m

So that will mean an outlay of 21.675m in accounting terms on the books for next year. Any sales just go directly into the books in its entirety so a few sales would help us write off this cost and considering the lack of match day income for the forseeable future, I think it would just help the financial impact and keep us in financially a good position. Of course staying up and building is the main priority but I think there are some exciting times ahead if we can continue to add quality signings like this! :flag:

Assuming their transfer fees have been amortised. If we were to sell someone we bought last summer their transfer fee minus the yearly amortisation would remain on the books so we'd have to sell for more than this amount to not make a FFP loss.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

sport witness saying rashica not sure about move  thought he had agreed and let it been known and it was just the fee

I'm sticking my fingers in my ears in regards to press say on this deal now and am blindly believing everything @AvfcRigo82 says. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Watching highlights from the MU game it is looking like we'll still have issues at the back.

None of Cash or Targett are great to defend, but decent going forward.

Hopefully Mings and Konsa will work out as a partnership.

Targett is a poor and slow defender. It didn't change in a month.

• Like 1

so, current (possible/probable/actual) outlay (exc. add-ons):

Martinez - 16m, Cash - 14m, Traore - 17m, Watkins - 28m  = 75m

that leaves 20m for Rashica, and another 10/15m for an MC that doesnt cost much in transfer fees, but might demand high(er) wages?

Total - 110/115m?

38 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

They are quoting bild and to be honest it wouldn’t surprise me. I highly doubt the fee is the issue in my opinion. 

You mean like with Watkins?

And how @Banana was certain it would drag out to the end of the window as " Clubs far bigger than Aston Villa" were interested?

No diss to Banana by the way, as he has since noted that the external "interest" is what made us get our act together and get it done.

Fact is, we are talking about multi millions of pounds here.

It's not always straightforward.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Assuming their transfer fees have been amortised. If we were to sell someone we bought last summer their transfer fee minus the yearly amortisation would remain on the books so we'd have to sell for more than this amount to not make a FFP loss.

ahh yes true, but I'm not an accountant so hence my flaws! Given the current economic circumstances, I suppose I'm a bit weary of spending 100 odd million without having some sort of incomings. Obviously its not that easy moving players on if no one wants them, but we won't have any match day income for a while yet. 

2 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

ahh yes true, but I'm not an accountant so hence my flaws! Given the current economic circumstances, I suppose I'm a bit weary of spending 100 odd million without having some sort of incomings. Obviously its not that easy moving players on if no one wants them, but we won't have any match day income for a while yet. 

It's why FFP is so massively flawed that you can sell some players to get income in and restrict yourself further. I guess it's why Fulham loaned a load of their PL signings out last year rather than selling them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

According to his Twitter bio he is: Ex deputy sports editor. 20 year experience. All view are my own. Massive Spurs fan and season ticket holder. Feel free to DM.

Sounds like a rocket polisher tbh. 

Probably EX deputy sports editor after being sacked for having shite grammar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1