Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As multiple people have pointed out.

One of the reasons it will currently appear as if we are spending a shed load more than other teams, is that those teams have been spunking money for years, on both high fees and wages, and now have squads full of high earners.

Thats the reason some of them can't splash the cash the same way as us right now.

Us on the other hand, have a SIGNIFICANTLY lower wage bill, an influx of TV money and ambitious owners who don't need/want to take money out of the club currently. We can pump everything right back into the club.

In a sense, it's similar to Wolves, yes they are paying some high fees, but I doubt they are handing out huge wages. Building a quality team for the future which can grow with the club in stages, in both wages and stature, and hoping the eventual wagebill reflects success/earnings.

In another 2 or 3 windows we will probably be in a similar position, where we will have to sell to balance the books and wages, but we ain't there yet.

So in essence, our drop out of the Premier League (Whilst missing out on 100's of millions) might have come at the perfect time for us. Coupled together with Covid, we are in a better position to strengthen than alot of clubs which have blown all their money over the past few years.

ALSO, hasn't their been talk about FFP being relaxed a little due to climate?

Basically, we are throwing everything we can at it this window, to ensure we STAY here, from next season onwards, we might see more "trading".

I always read your posts with interest mate, and this one was no exception. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They made very good use of a market we dont have a foot in the door with, there agent did a good job for Wolves and the right type of players were there at the right time for them.

Not as simple by just saying wolves got good signings why cant we and they had less rep than us, that is not true when there super agent had tons of rep himself.

They made great use of the market , so surely it’s possible with our new owners and the powers they have to accommodate a man similar to a Jorge Mendez to scour the leagues and bring in the right players that fit. Plus our rich history and famous name in the footballing world should do half the job anyway .. well maybe im being too hopeful there . I hope that soon we have something like that in place to bring us to that next level.

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

It was challenged in a very childish manner... stick to the football as thats all i mentioned but dont get upset about it and send silly memes , write back and tell me why you dont agree .. dead simple 

cat GIF

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’ve a feeling that you’re here looking for an argument. Or you’re on the wind up. Either way, I’ve said my piece so I’ll leave it at that.

No i just want to talk about the football which i have done .. believe it or not i want everyone to be on the same page. Im here to discuss moving forward as a club together as fans .

Ideally after getting Rashica, Martinez and another forward we’ll get a CM and CB to compete with Konsa. 

I think we’ll definitely get the CM which for me is more pressing but in a perfect world we would get an experienced defender in as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

It was challenged in a very childish manner... stick to the football as thats all i mentioned but dont get upset about it and send silly memes , write back and tell me why you dont agree .. dead simple 

This is Villa Talk mate, a source of debate, news, sometimes insider knowledge but with a massive dose of childish humour, innuendos, puns and all manner of other random crap.

It’s why I love it.

1 minute ago, bose said:

Ideally after getting Rashica, Martinez and another forward we’ll get a CM and CB to compete with Konsa. 

I think we’ll definitely get the CM which for me is more pressing but in a perfect world we would get an experienced defender in as well. 

I think rashica could be that new forward stroke winger, i hope so because then we could bring in another winger.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Im not sure it does and many may agree and many may not but i dont see king and traore being a huge improvement especially the latter.. it may be slightly but not huge and we need more than slightly to put us more at ease. Yes it appears to be the case that alot of us are content with the window if such signings are successful.. its better me throwing that caution then for others to think we will be okay when we wont .. anyway the window is not finished and im hoping we can all be on the same page when its concluded with the right players in

UTV! 

People think were should be making top ten finishes and that's one season after we have just survived what would of been a crazy relegation, we survived just barely. Whilst I want to see the best in the world at Villa, that will not happen straight away and things take time. We do not have the reputation to draw in players but we need to find it and the only ways would be to go win a cup, win a league, draw a higher position than previous season and I'd say become well known for keeping your best stars. 

In order to get a higher place we need players who can fight for wins, scrap it out for points and both King and Traore can accomplish those. Whatever sends us up the ladder for the time being we have to accept, it may not be to what we like but so long as it works and the Juices are flowing in the right direction, who are we to say we want better if it's just not an option at the moment.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t agree. Whilst I agree they have high ambitions, FFP dictates how much we can spend within reason. If we spend 200m this window, there is no way this would be possible without bringing in around 50m in player sales. Our only saleable asset near that mark is Jack. 

I don’t think we’ll sell him but like I say, if we blow a shed load of money in the next two weeks I’ll be worried. 

With FFP figures being lumped in with next year's we can always take a gamble on spending more this summer knowing they could sell him for good money next summer to balance the books if needed. 

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

This is Villa Talk mate, a source of debate, news, sometimes insider knowledge but with a massive dose of childish humour, innuendos, puns and all manner of other random crap.

It’s why I love it.

Thank you very much.. 👍🏽 Not sure why they thought personally attacked but anyway we are all holte enders at the end of the day

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

They made great use of the market , so surely it’s possible with our new owners and the powers they have to accommodate a man similar to a Jorge Mendez to scour the leagues and bring in the right players that fit. Plus our rich history and famous name in the footballing world should do half the job anyway .. well maybe im being too hopeful there . I hope that soon we have something like that in place to bring us to that next level.

There approach has obviously been different hasnt it?

Maybe in a few years our scouting network if Lange stays will be much better than what it is now and we can find with ease the best wonderkids and players for bargains quickly .

I think we have to be patient with things because we all hope the best come to us, we will have to wait till our Rep has improved.

Maybe it's just me but it does feel like clubs who have been at the top for many years or a couple of decades are starting to lose grip abit and they do not have the pull they once had.

Edited by Dave-R

10 minutes ago, bose said:

A CM who can also play CB?

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

No i just want to talk about the football which i have done .. believe it or not i want everyone to be on the same page. Im here to discuss moving forward as a club together as fans .

Fair play to you from a fellow Villan, however, I think you're being a tad negative considering where we were not so long ago, we are one a long journey that will happen in stages, be patient buddy, UTV

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

IMO massively cheated and should've been done for it but the powers that be are pussies and let them away with it. It's not a model you can just copy

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So this is the response for being more realistic about how we operate as a club and fans it shows why we are in this position if fans like you are settling for whatever you get. I stated my opinions which should not be overlooked. I would welcome signings like rashica but not so much for traore or king is there anything wrong with that . Martinez would be welcome but theres a caution sign with that also we seem to think these signings will change the world. So im not trying to burst everyones bubble ,im just being realistic and i want us to not go through the stress we did last season. 

Got no time for trolling!

24 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Like who? There’s not many people in football with the pull of Mendez