Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Linked again to Chelsea u23 midfielder Conor Gallagher who was on loan at Swansea and Charlton last season. Never seen him but apparently he had a good season.

Only turned 20 this year so one for the future I guess.

Really good for Swansea last year 

Wish they would stop sending these alerts to my phone, I swipe in all expectantly and find its just a bloody interview with Craig Shakepsear or the like. Do they have no idea what we are going through !!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Nope, not to us anyway. He clearly wants to stay in Germany.

I think if they bow out like its suggested they have then we clearly have a good chance at getting him. If he wants to move from his current club a d other clubs are not willing to meet the price then we should just seal this signing right now and be done with it.

He most likely would love to play in the premier and we are is ticket into it  If he does not want to join Villa and thinks only of a relegation battle if he were to join us, the prob best we dont buy him. something tells me he doesnt have much confidence in himself to help us clear Steer if one and do a good job here. I would also say that his options maybe getting smaller and if he wants a change from his current club then hes going to have to make a decision.

16 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We only really played well in our last 4 matches, and our opponents largely had nothing to play for in those. Not rubbish at all IMO. I wouldn't be writing off the other 34 matches where we couldn't keep a clean sheet to save our lives

Not true. 

Stats showed an improvement right from the sheff u game. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Clearly?

There have been no proper links at all from our side, only very aged stuff from a Kosovo reporter and some stuff in German tabloids that are their equivalents of the Sun. The only thing that is clear from my perspective is a player who is settled in Germany and who's representatives have said wants CL football. The only people who were offering said football who were reportedly interested in him were RB Leipzig. 

As far as I'm concerned he's staying at Werder, they are even saying that on their forums. 

Unless there is actually a proper link to a club outside that country of course, which there is not.

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Not true. 

Stats showed an improvement right from the sheff u game. 

We were setting up far more defensively. That's not the same thing as improving defensively. We played an extra CB at RB and pushed the whole team back 10 yards, losing quite a bit of our attacking threat. 

We picked up 10 points from our 10 games post-lockdown (many of which were against sides with little to play for). That's still relegation form and we were very lucky Watford and Bournemouth kept losing.

Major improvements are needed, including defensively, as this will allow us not to have to set up as defensively as we did at the end of the season

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Wish they would stop sending these alerts to my phone, I swipe in all expectantly and find its just a bloody interview with Craig Shakepsear or the like. Do they have no idea what we are going through !!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get the job?

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We were setting up far more defensively. That's not the same thing as improving defensively. We played an extra CB at RB and pushed the whole team back 10 yards, losing quite a bit of our attacking threat. 

We picked up 10 points from our 10 games post-lockdown (many of which were against sides with little to play for). That's still relegation form and we were very lucky Watford and Bournemouth kept losing.

Major improvements are needed, including defensively, as this will allow us not to have to set up as defensively as we did at the end of the season

Of course it is. 

I'm not saying we've somehow mastered defence and will be rock solid. But for me we improved and that attack has to be the priority this summer.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We only really played well in our last 4 matches, and our opponents largely had nothing to play for in those. Not rubbish at all IMO. I wouldn't be writing off the other 34 matches where we couldn't keep a clean sheet to save our lives

Just because we lost games doesnt mean we played rubbish, it just means we lost. There were many games that before lockdown where we should of won them but because of a midfield and frontline that were struggling to work properly. We found ourselves under complete stress for large periods in some games but again we still managed to give a good game up until we let goals in and theres a number of reason for that. 

Smith said that he tried to go for the win against all team before lockdown and admitted you cant always play like that but that's who he is. He said he had to change and grind some wins out and so we did after lockdown.  Thing is we were playing very good alot of the times despite those losses and if Smith had us play football like we did after the LD, then we most likely wouldnt of been in a relegation battle I dont think, we would of just been out of it obtaining enough points to be safe well before things came down to the wire.

This account was right about the home and away kits so there might be something to this.

Maybe two moves on the way. Of course it's a vague tweet but the part about leaks to the press is interesting.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Of course it is. 

I'm not saying we've somehow masted defence and will be rock solid. But for me we improved and that attack has to be the priority this summer.

It clearly isn't though, is it? You can throw 10 men behind the ball every game and you'll concede fewer but that doesn't mean you're improving.

We shifted the balance of our team to be much more defensive. As a result we conceded fewer, but couldn't score for toffee. We still averaged 1 point per game (relegation form) even against largely unmotivated teams.

If we sign better defenders, we won't need to drop so deep, and will score more goals. Obviously we need to sign a striker and a winger, but given we had the 2nd worst defence in the league last season, we definitely need some defenders as well

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

if Smith had us play football like we did after the LD, then we most likely wouldnt of been in a relegation battle I dont think, we would of just been out of it obtaining enough points to be safe well before things came down to the wire.

We averaged 1 point per game after lockdown. How does that tell you we wouldn't be in a relegation battle?

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

This account was right about the home and away kits so there might be something to this.

Maybe two moves on the way. Of course it's a vague tweet but the part about leaks to the press is interesting.

Knowing about the kits and knowing about signings is different. 

the marketing department would be dealing with kit announcements and those kind of leaks are low priority to the club

how ever transfers is dealt with different people are wish not to leak anything to the press or a teenager on twitter

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Bakayoko was amazing for Monaco. Genuinely surprised it hasn't worked for him even at Chelsea. I think he needs to get a move abroad. At his best I think he could have been decent for us. But as is the case with foreign players sometimes the premier League isn't the right league for them.

He can't pass when pressed, reminds me of Reo-Coker.

13 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We averaged 1 point per game after lockdown. How does that tell you we wouldn't be in a relegation battle?

But we had shit attackers. We had opportunities to score, but had strikers who are allergic to doing so. Also we had a certain winger who gave the ball away every single time he got it—and one of the strikers did the same too.

If we're stronger up front that stat would change, and we would be more threatening in attack because we wouldn't be giving the ball back to the opposition most attacks. We were in no way all out defence post lockdown. One thing I think is certain, if we are relying on Samatta and Trezeguet as starters next season we will be in a relegation battle, and it doens't matter what formation or tactics we use. Respect to Trezeguet for the goals, but it's such an obvious position where we need to strengthen.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Maybe he can tweet more spesific about which part of the press that actually received the leak?

12 minutes ago, Rolta said:

But we had shit attackers. We had opportunities to score, but had strikers who are allergic to doing so. Also we had a certain winger who gave the ball away every single time he got it—and one of the strikers did the same too.

If we're stronger up front that stat would change, and we would be more threatening in attack because we wouldn't be giving the ball back to the opposition most attacks. We were in no way all out defence post lockdown. One thing I think is certain, if we are relying on Samatta and Trezeguet as starters next season we will be in a relegation battle, and it doens't matter what formation or tactics we use. Respect to Trezeguet for the goals, but it's such an obvious position where we need to strengthen.

I couldn't agree more that we need to upgrade our striker/winger, and I said as much in my earlier post. That said, we had the 13th best attack in the league (11th pre-lockdown), and the 19th best defence. Yet most seem to think defensive improvements aren't needed!