Formula One - 2020

BOF

This has me baffled. Norris slowed for the yellows, but because he accidentally set his fastest time on that lap because the track conditions changed he got a penalty for it? Huh?

"Norris handed five-place Turkish GP grid penalty for failing to respect yellow flags"

"Telemetry shows that Car 4 [Norris] slowed in the sector and resumed speed after the incident,” said the stewards. “Car 4 then asked his team if he should abort the lap, but was told to stay out because of the rapidly changing track conditions.

“Car 4 completed the lap, which turned out to be his fastest lap of Q1. While the stewards acknowledge that Car 4 was not attempting to set a quick lap time, due to the changing track conditions he nevertheless did so and thereby breached the referenced regulations.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-norris-handed-five-place-turkish-gp-grid-penalty-for-failing-to.1Pq5MffSlQzN01axoJji0q.html

Stroll lifted on single waved yellow which was enough. Norris lifted for double yellows which was not enough. Double yellows need to be ready to stop. So Stroll was OK and Lando wasn't. It makes perfect sense. 

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Stroll lifted on single waved yellow which was enough. Norris lifted for double yellows which was not enough. Double yellows need to be ready to stop. So Stroll was OK and Lando wasn't. It makes perfect sense. 

Ok, that makes more sense than the statement I quoted above then.

• Like 1

not sure i've followed the idea of uncertainty. Hamilton has had this sown up even when he was 5th - it was clear had pace to burn to get past the others ahead of him. It's been routine for him again, after an early hiccough. 

Really enjoyed that race. Lewis isn’t my favourite person but undoubtedly one of the best, if not the best of all time.

Finished the race 30 seconds clear of second.

Moment of madness from Leclerc on the last lap there. 

Seven world championships is some achievement - there's an argument for Lewis being the most successful British sportsman of all time, in any sport.

He's had good cars, you get those drives by being quick - he's a quite brilliant sportsman and as good as anyone that's ever climbed into a Formula One car.

It'd be nice to see him get some proper recognition this year.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

congratulations man on having the best car and a shit team mate. A real against the odds achievement in F1 yet again. 

I’m not the biggest Hamilton fan by any stretch but that’s a bit disrespectful and over the top.

He hasn’t had the best car for all 7 titles and he can only beat what’s around him.

he is the best driver simple as that. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2