Formula One - 2020

BOF

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's incredible. If there was more of that kind of action, I'd tune in for every race :) 

Then I hope you never want to tune in for every race 😁

• Like 2

If he'd lost consciousness he wouldn't have gotten out. A couple of inches either way and the impact would have been more severe (the halo pushed the barriers apart). There are so many ways he's been lucky in that crash.

Why he's suddenly turned right and caused the crash is a bit more mysterious, there's someone who might be coming back onto the track in front of him on his left an a bit of debris floating about, but it looks like driver error.

• Like 1

Instead of applying the brake for what was developing in front of him he veered right and presumed the track was clear. He has always been a more reckless driver than most in F1 and drama gravitates towards him. Today he nearly killed himself. Just leave the sport already. And by the way it looks like Stroll caused the issue ahead of him. There's another terrible accident waiting to happen. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not waiting long by the looks of things.

I've seen it on several occasions with him. He lacks an awareness. Like Grosjean does. At this level he's a danger to himself and others. He can be quick, but he's not a good enough driver.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say if this was pre halo that crash would've probably ripped his head off, he was going much faster than Bianchi was.

On top of that it's incredible he wasn't knocked out and left unconscious in the fire. I suppose the Armco deserves some credit for dissipating some of the energy, but I hate the metal barriers. The sooner all tracks have tecpro the whole way round the better.

• Like 2

Remember the disappointment towards the halo when it was introduced a few years ago? I wasn't too keen on it myself at the time but it's quite simply the best thing to happen to F1. It's saved Romain his life today.

I still can't believe he's got out of that. 

• Like 1