Relegation thread

Knutserov13

If's and But's

A huge week ahead for the club.

A point gives us a chance on the last day of the season, 3 points put's us in the driving seat.

Watford to lose to Man City

Bournemouth to lose to Southampton

Aston Villa to draw to Arsenal

17 - Watford - 34 points

18 - Aston Villa - 32 points

19 - Bournemouth - 31 points

• Like 2

Pearson is rattled, that is a good sign.

All a bit more clear now, not in our hands but it's literally 2 from 3.

We're 1/7, Bournemouth 1/4 & Watford 5/4 but one result can change it all. 

I'm not even thinking about GD (IE city banging 4 or 5 past Watford, just please God make sure they win. That's the main thing).

Hoping Ings and the saints are firing on all cylinders Sunday 🙏 

Key Dates;

Sunday 19th - Bournemouth vs Soton 2pm

Tuesday 21st - Watford vs Man City & Villa vs Arsenal 8.15pm

Sunday 26th - Everton vs Bournemouth, West Ham vs Villa,  Arsenal vs Watford 4pm

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

God this is so depressing. 

20200717_222213.jpg

We've sent ourselves down

That defeat at away at spurs after being on top for so long set the mentality for the season

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I agree. But I also tend to think of the point we got when for the first time in its existence hawkeye missed a ball crossing the line by about a foot. 

True but VAR has literally gone in dry on us all season long. That was the one time technology inexplicably benefited us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I truly hope you are right and I will happily post how silly I was to doubt us

You can’t say you’re silly to doubt a team that’s 3 points + GD from safety with 2 games to go. Even those of us with some degree of hope still have plenty of doubt. No matter how the season ends, you’d need help from the boys in white coats not to doubt this lot!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You can’t say you’re silly to doubt a team that’s 3 points + GD from safety with 2 games to go. Even those of us with some degree of hope still have plenty of doubt. No matter how the season ends, you’d need help from the boys in white coats not to doubt this lot!

I agree, however I always feel uncomfortable being a doubter of any team I follow. I would much rather look silly (though not really as you say) than be right. I'm just begging for this team to make me regret all my negative thoughts but alas they are far better at confirming them!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Decent chance we could stay up with 4 more points.

Needs Watford to lose their last two and Bournemouth to win one, lose one. Still very possible and we'll know more before we kick off before Arsenal as Bournemouth and Watford play before us.

We can't complain if it goes to the last day as most of us would've signed up for that weeks ago. That will happen if Watford lose to Man. City although we'd have to beat West Ham by a couple which would like be beyond us.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

True but VAR has literally gone in dry on us all season long. That was the one time technology inexplicably benefited us.

For sure - but it gave us a point - I mean the Man U non-penalty was gutting but we'd have lost that anyway. Plenty of other VAR grief though in fairness. 

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

That stay is so depressing... Even if we'd have held onto a quarter of those points it would be much rosier

Even if we held on last night it would be rosier!

• Like 1