Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Just now, rbcuk said:

From watching tonight, every attack that looks promising for Watford has been down West Ham’s left with cresswell at left back, shame we have no decent right wingers to take advantage of this

What about ball grabber el ghazi mate?

Well at least we know where we stand. West Ham are out of it obviously.

I really fancy us to beat West Ham so we just have to be ahead of Watford before the last game to keep it our hands. What we really have to avoid is being in a position where we beat West Ham and still go down. Although that would vintage Villa.

• Like 1

If Southampton avoid defeat at the weekend and Man City beat Watford by three goals then all we need to do is beat Arsenal to go into the final day of the season outside the relegation zone.

• Like 3

Just now, R.Bear said:

Well at least we know where we stand. West Ham are out of it obviously.

I really fancy us to beat West Ham so we just have to be ahead of Watford before the last game to keep it our hands. What we really have to avoid is being in a position where we beat West Ham and still go down. Although that would vintage Villa.

I think there is slightly more chance of us finishing above Watford than Bournemouth. I can see Bournemouth surviving at the expense of us and Watford quite easily.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Well now we need Saints and City to do us huge favours. How we keep being gifted chances I don't know. 

We've gifted teams chances by missing open goals and letting in stupid goals too to be fair.

Edited by Rolta

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

That bloody engels mistake could cost us bad as the lansbury disallowed goal. FFS

Put them together with AEG's miss and we'd be a hell of a lot closer to being safe. Such very fine lines, as bad as we have been (we've tried to stay in this league essentially without a goalscorer - as 2 gambles have failed) with Engels not allowing the ball to roll under his foot, a refereeing howler and a totally freak back heeled clearance from inside a yard out we'd be pretty close to safety.... 

At least after that complete downer the squad must have been on last night, they would have seen that tonight, know exactly where they stand and what they need to do and can hopefully have renewed optimism to get the bit between their teeth going into Tuesday night. All XI need to play a blinder. Jack needs to find something within himself and lead us for once. 

• Like 1

If's and But's (updated)

West Ham to beat Watford ✅

Bournemouth to lose to Man City ✅

Aston Villa to beat Everton - draw ❎

16 - West Ham - 37 points

17 - Watford - 34 points

18 - Bournemouth - 31 points

19 - Aston Villa - 31 points

• Like 1