Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Do you remember when the question was   DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS IT ?

now its more like HOW MANY OF YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVE HAD IT ?

Its still so surreal to me, I mean even a trip to the test site is like watching a film, being there but not quite grasping the reality, saying Oh so and so has it now as well as if its perfectly normal that they should

How quickly we adapt and how it effects us. I have cabin fever at the moment isolating with Mrs. T, sitting watching holidays on YouTube. The main concern I have is can I still go to Puerto Ricco  Gran Canaria in April and will all the places be open

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Quite strange a lot of people I know who have or have had Covid recently have all recently had the booster. I haven't had my booster and I have not caught it? I think I have had Covid as my Mrs had it in the early days and I also felt a bit rough at the time, but have never actually had a positive test PCR or lateral flow. 

It's just all very strange this Virus, pick and chooses at times.

Most people have had the booster. A lot of people are getting covid.

The majority of players who play for Ghana are black. Because the majority of people who live in Ghana are black. There isn't an anti white feeling within the football association

• Like 1

22 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Quite strange a lot of people I know who have or have had Covid recently have all recently had the booster. I haven't had my booster and I have not caught it? I think I have had Covid as my Mrs had it in the early days and I also felt a bit rough at the time, but have never actually had a positive test PCR or lateral flow. 

It's just all very strange this Virus, pick and chooses at times.

It seems like my missus has just come down with it last night. Aches and fever with a faint line on the antigen test today.

Neither of us have had the booster yet.

I’m now in the waiting period to see what form of Covid I will be in store for 😅

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It seems like my missus has just come down with it last night. Aches and fever with a faint line on the antigen test today.

Neither of us have had the booster yet.

It sounded like a rock solid theory too.

• Haha 1

On 06/01/2022 at 15:17, sharkyvilla said:

I always have to stop myself getting mixed up with the curry and calling him Josh Rogan.

Quite directly influenced my choice of curry tonight. Thanks! 

Its finally reached our house. A text yesterday from our 4 year olds school to say someone in her class was positive. Did a lateral flow (her first which wasn't fun) and a positive for her, negative for us and her sister but her sister was positive this morning. Me and the Mrs negative again, will see what the tomorrow brings. 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Its finally reached our house. A text yesterday from our 4 year olds school to say someone in her class was positive. Did a lateral flow (her first which wasn't fun) and a positive for her, negative for us and her sister but her sister was positive this morning. Me and the Mrs negative again, will see what the tomorrow brings. 

All feeling OK?

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

All feeling OK?

The girls are both a bit under the weather but not too bad, the youngest was in bed for a lot of the day though. I've took them for a PCR this evening, i thought the new rules about lateral flows had started but not until the 11th, so one of the schools said we needed a PCR. 

My Mrs has felt a bit crap for a few days but its not unusual this time of the month, but she thought she would be positive, but not so far anyway. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The girls are both a bit under the weather but not too bad, the youngest was in bed for a lot of the day though. I've took them for a PCR this evening, i thought the new rules about lateral flows had started but not until the 11th, so one of the schools said we needed a PCR. 

My Mrs has felt a bit crap for a few days but its not unusual this time of the month, but she thought she would be positive, but not so far anyway. 

The incubation period seems different for different people.

Went to my sisters 27th both me and Mrs. T gave her and my niece hugs. 28th my sister rung to say she was positive, I started to feel rough but was not positive until Jan 2nd (PCR) . Mrs T was fine then she started to feel rough on the 4th, now she is full of it and bright positive lines on her tests and stuck in bed. I on the other hand am clear day 7. All being well can go about my normal business tomorrow. So my incubation period 5 days and Mrs. T was 7 or did she catch it off me and not my sister ? 

Edited by Robtaylor200

I went down an interesting rabbit hole this morning and I can see the reasoning why, anti authority, a questioning of government etc. It seems there is a high quota of local to me HS2 protestors who are also covid deniers and anti vaxx. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The missus has it. Sleeping in seperate rooms at the moment. She recently had her booster no way to know is thats linked or not. But even if it was we would never know.

Hope she is OK but ffs, it's not linked to the booster. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Went to my sisters 27th both me and Mrs. T gave her and my niece hugs. 28th my sister rung to say she was positive, I started to feel rough but was not positive until Jan 2nd (PCR) . Mrs T was fine then she started to feel rough on the 4th, now she is full of it and bright positive lines on her tests and stuck in bed. I on the other hand am clear day 7. All being well can go about my normal business tomorrow. So my incubation period 5 days and Mrs. T was 7 or did she catch it off me and not my sister ? 

We think the youngest got it at a birthday party last sunday, then her sister caught it off her, now she's feeling it worse today and has a high temperature. They aren't too far apart in symptoms (about a day) so may have caught it in the same place elsewhere. The eldest is asthmatic, so hopefully doesn't hit her too hard. She has needed her inhaler today. 

I tested negative again before work this morning. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Yeah there are those stories of people spending 10 days in quarantine isolation testing negative each day before suddenly testing positive on day 10.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

On the outside, yes.

Just to clarify as there is some confusion when i say link im.not saying for everyone but there could be certain people. The science wont be able to collect that data as everyone is different. 

NV thats not true just to add, everyone  may have a heart to keep them alive but other peoples bodies respond to different things for example when i eat cheese  it literally gives me  a belly ache and makes me feel like shite. But others can eat cheese continuously and have no effects! That was my point 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Â