Generic Virus Thread

villakram

52 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

But that's my point. His credentials would mean that surely what he has to say should be listened to and considered. He obviously has a lot of knowledge in the field. But it was immediately branded as misinformation and crackpot because it goes against the narrative? I'm about an hour in and I'm yet to hear anything that one would say is crazy.

Nutjobs on YouTube, yes. But I don't think that immediately censoring a professional who has a differing opinion is the right thing to do.

It might something to do with Joe Rogan as much as anything, with his approach in the last few years. When he has these people on it’s always to confirm what he thinks is correct and he pushes the agenda harder than any media source. It stopped being an interview podcast and start being a stroke Joe’s ego podcast. He’s a cult leader.

Not saying this guy is wrong, I have no idea, I haven’t listened and I don’t know what his views are. But Joe Rogan is a pseudo-intellectual  dangerous idiot, and I used to listen to him regularly.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It might something to do with Joe Rogan as much as anything, with his approach in the last few years. When he has these people on it’s always to confirm what he thinks is correct and he pushes the agenda harder than any media source. It stopped being an interview podcast and start being a stroke Joe’s ego podcast. He’s a cult leader.

Not saying this guy is wrong, I have no idea, I haven’t listened and I don’t know what his views are. But Joe Rogan is a pseudo-intellectual  dangerous idiot, and I used to listen to him regularly.

He is a pseudo intellectual, he says that himself. But, just a few weeks ago, he invited Sanjay Gupta, the biggest pro vaccine name next to Fauci in the US. So there is some balance there. He also had several other heavily pro vaccine/mainstream COVID names on.

I still listen to Rogan for interesting conversations - but he has to be taken with a pinch of salt. He talks a lot of BS, but also fact checks most things he says. 

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

I'm all for intelligent discussion. I like to hear opinions from both sides that are backed up by research and data. However, I do find it slightly worrying that Dr Robert Malone's interview on the JRE was immediately removed from YouTube and he was taken off Twitter. This isn't some random right-wing crackpot. He was the inventor of the original 9 mRNA vaccine patents. But because some of the stuff he said could promote vaccine hesitancy, he was immediately censored. Considering some of the stuff that is still allowed to be voiced on social media, that is just stupid.

Then I'm sure you've researched his more recent work? That he had some patents back in the day does in no way shape or form give him credit when you look at what he's spewed out in the recent past.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Then I'm sure you've researched his more recent work? That he had some patents back in the day does in no way shape or form give him credit when you look at what he's spewed out in the recent past.

It would be good if you listened to his podcast and pointed to things that are clearly wrong to add to the discussion. 

We can then debate these and come to some agreement and come up with some conclusions. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Same here. I stopped listening to him and following him on Twitter. I got the impression he had gone down that conspiracy rabbit hole with the people he was having "chats" with. Still enjoy his UFC work though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It would be good if you listened to his podcast and pointed to things that are clearly wrong to add to the discussion. 

Well, I can name several reasons why I won't listen to what Malone said:

1) Malone is an outspoken critic of vaccines in general. He peddles unproven theories and criticism with no data.

2) He claims to be the inventor of mRNA technology when this is total BS. He wrote a theoretic paper. Dr Drew Wiseman and Dr Katalin Kariko created and invented it. It doesn't give him any sort of credit to lie.

3) Going to Joe Rogan's podcast is just not something I condone. The guy is an asshole.

4) Dr Malone went on Fox News and said a booster doesn't protect you against omikron, commented on ivermectin and lots of other disproven anti-vax bs like it is true. The guy is a grifter.

If I go to Holland it is flat, hence the earth is flat. That's essentially Malone's line of thought based on work he did close to 30 years ago. He's outdated and makes money on the outer right anti vax BS just like Joe Rogan.

Google Dr Malone and you'll see who spews his 'facts' based on the premise that he 'invented' the tech. Fox News, OAN, Breitbart etc.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2

See, I've never seen Joe Rogan that way. He has people on his show from all sides of the political spectrum and asks questions. You have to take it for what it is, a guy on a podcast asking people questions, which is what he has maintained all along. I've always thought he's been pretty open minded on a lot of issues and is happy to have his mind changed. There's a lot of stuff he says that I disagree with, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's dangerous. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Specious analogy, I'm afraid. The number of people who end up in hospital due to sports (either with injuries or undetected heart conditions) is absolutely minute compared with those caused by unhealthy diet or smoking, and is also more than offset by the physical and mental health benefits. I understand why you're clinging to that raft, but it won't float. 

I'm not clinging to it. I think it's a silly analogy but if we're taking it to extremes that's where we end up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It'd be a more appropriate analogy if obesity was a transmissible disease

It is.

I only have to look at cake and it transmits to extra fat on my belly. 

All this talk of Joe Rogan and I was thinking of Seth Rogen and wondering why anyone was interested in what he had to say! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do we even have a clinical definition for 'long covid' yet? And what is 'a quite big chance'?

this is what the NHS says as a summary, probably detail elsewhere and more up to date somewhere.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/post-covid-syndrome-long-covid/

What is Post-COVID syndrome/Long COVID?

Emerging evidence and patient testimony is showing a growing number of people who contract COVID-19 cannot shake off the effects of the virus months after initially falling ill. Symptoms are wide-ranging and fluctuating, and can include breathlessness, chronic fatigue, “brain fog”, anxiety and stress.

The NICE guideline scope published on 30 October 2020 defines post-COVID syndrome as signs and symptoms that develop during or following an infection consistent with COVID-19 which continue for more than 12 weeks and are not explained by an alternative diagnosis. The definition says the condition usually presents with clusters of symptoms, often overlapping, which may change over time and can affect any system within the body. It also notes that many people with post-COVID syndrome can also experience generalised pain, fatigue, persisting high temperature and psychiatric problems.

While we have learned lots about COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic – and new treatments are available – the long term effects of the illness can be debilitating, even for young, fit people, or those who did not go to hospital when they had COVID-19 symptoms initially.

further info which carries on if interested.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/long-term-effects-of-coronavirus-long-covid/

Edited by nick76

So glad the Australians are giving Djokovic shit over his Vaccine status. I mean who does he think he is.

They are asking for his Vaccine status or medical exemption details, which is fair enough if the country have these rules. If he don't want to give them due to his privacy, that's his prerogative, but he don't enter the country, period!

Might be leaving the country as I type, Australians asked him to leave.

Edited by foreveryoung

Â