Generic Virus Thread

villakram

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Seriously, put the phone down on them at this point in the pandemic and this wave, those questions are absolutely irrelevant

Test and Trace are the most inept, incompetent government department, that I've ever encountered, absolutely nothing good can come of talking to them. Stop wasting your time and oxygen

Best one was:

- who's in your house with you?

- my wife and 2.5 year old son, both are positive and isolating too.

- ok, can I have details of your wife?

(Blah blah).

-ok, can I send your wife reading materials and support on self isolating?

-no it's cool.

- ok, can I have details of your son?

(Blah blah - reminder he is 2.5 years old).

- ok, can I send your son reading materials and support on self isolating?

😂

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Mic09 said:

have you been to a park?

Yep thats an absolute hotbed of transmission. Nothing has changed from what they do from when they started. They are still using Excel spreadsheets, still providing useless information and providing it too late. Clearly the questions they ask haven't changed with the advice / scientific knowledge either

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep thats an absolute hotbed of transmission. Nothing has changed from what they do from when they started. They are still using Excel spreadsheets, still providing useless information and providing it too late. Clearly the questions they ask haven't changed with the advice / scientific knowledge either

What's worst is "I can't get to the next screen". She said this on a number of occasions when I didn't know a postocde of a gym or a number to my relative.

I could be very ill with a fever, in bed, struggling, and they say "you need to tell me, not because it's important for public health, but because I can't progress to the next screen."

She asked me to rate the service.

I told her clearly, I don't blame you, it's your job, but the service is a bit of a joke.

My wife has it for the 2nd time and both my kids have tested positive. 

I've been in a covid infested house for 5 days, with kids coughing in my face and so far no symptoms and testing negative on daily LFT. 

I guess it's just a waiting game. 

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I guess it's just a waiting game.

If it's any help at all, my boss had his 2 kids come down with it before Christmas.  His kids were absolutely fine but tested positive.  Neither he or his wife came down with it so they had fun and games trying to entertain the kids at home for a while. They didn't enforce any isolation within the home (you can't do that with kids anyway) and my boss told me that when he did his LFT every day he thought "this must be the day..." but it didn't happen. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

True, that's what I'm hoping for. 

I had it back in 2020 and I've had all my jabs. 

One of the lads in work is the King of Isolation. He's had to isolate 5 times because his family have had it. He only caught it the last time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

People here are a much better source of information than the government - can anyone help advise what the current testing rules are with foreign travel? I’m entering and leaving France within 4 days

Ask Novac Djokovic. I'm sure he'll be fully aware of which lies you need to tell in order to meet any entry requirements. Just keep yourself off social media a few weeks before travelling and you'll be fine. 

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

A few experts are now declaring this the beginning of the end of the pandemic. 
The lowest number of confirmed cases today since 15th December.

I bloody hope so.

As I suspected it would it's falling faster than it rose. It must be finding it nigh on impossible to find new victims. Especially unvaccinated ones as its probably absolutely ripped through the non vaxxed dipshits. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

As I suspected it would it's falling faster than it rose. It must be finding it nigh on impossible to find new victims. Especially unvaccinated ones as its probably absolutely ripped through the non vaxxed dipshits

You live in hope. 

On 14/01/2022 at 16:18, sidcow said:

Yikes, found this lurking a few lines down on page 2!

New cases declared at under 100,000 today for the first day since 21 December.

With one anomaly there has been 10 consecutive days of falling new case numbers now and todays 99,652 is less than half of that 10 day peak of 218,724.

I really think we've broken the back of this mutha **** now, I really do.

Hopefully cases just continue to tail off.   Let's just pray it doesn't mutate upwards again.

More and more scientists seem to be coming to the conclusion that we are very close to being able to go back to normal.  Thank ****.

• Like 1

Â