Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We've been here before.  I have diabetes and eat too much and don't exercise enough.  I know I should and I go through phases of trying to exercise more and eat better, but it's a long term condition and like all diets it's hard to keep it up and give in to temptation.  And like all unfit people if you are not built in your mindset to love exercise it's hard to keep going, even knowing it could eventually kill you.  I just can't explain it and there is no quick or easy fix.

However, If I could have an injection or a pill that would make me change my psychology on this I definitely would.   I'd give anything to be one of those people who love going for a run or off to the Gym.

But at least me and my ilk will drip into hospitals at regular intervals over years and not all turn up in the space of 12 months complaining about why we are dying in the corridor.

Oh, and to the best of my knowledge I'm not passing my diabetes on to some other poor innocent either.

• Like 4

Apparently Manchester hospital is cancelling operations now because there aren't enough staff to perform them.

Has Chris Whitty resigned for his ludicrous over reaction yet?

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh, and to the best of my knowledge I'm not passing my diabetes on to some other poor innocent either.

We all know obesity is only transmittable in KFC and McDonald's anyway, as long as we stay out of there we'll be good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

We all know obesity is only transmittable in KFC and McDonald's anyway, as long as we stay out of there we'll be good.

As long as I can still got to Burger King👍👍

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We've been here before.  I have diabetes and eat too much and don't exercise enough.  I know I should and I go through phases of trying to exercise more and eat better, but it's a long term condition and like all diets it's hard to keep it up and give in to temptation.  And like all unfit people if you are not built in your mindset to love exercise it's hard to keep going, even knowing it could eventually kill you.  I just can't explain it and there is no quick or easy fix.

However, If I could have an injection or a pill that would make me change my psychology on this I definitely would.   I'd give anything to be one of those people who love going for a run or off to the Gym.

But at least me and my ilk will drip into hospitals at regular intervals over years and not all turn up in the space of 12 months complaining about why we are dying in the corridor.

First of all, best of luck on your road to fitness. There are many ways about it so I hope you find your path one way or another quickly! I only discover my mojo a couple of years ago, if you want any help with that feel free to drop me a line :) 

But I will stick to my guns and argue that everyone should be shouting from the rooftops about the problems of obesity, ESPECIALLY as we had 2 years of this shit. Coronavirus isn't some sort of a crazy new disease - it's what we know but worse. If you eat shit, you will likely die quicker, more painfully, and will clog up the hospitals. It's as basic of a truth as you will find.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20211209/coronavirus-attacks-fat-tissue

Coronavirus Attacks Fat Tissue, Study Says

I sympathise with you, because my very close relative is very obese. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do our best. If you are really worried about covid, don't drink coke and don't eat Burger King. Treat each apple that you had instead of a big mac like a vaccine. 

And then, have the vaccine too. Do everything you can to help yourself. 

It's not easy. But it's sooooo important for your own health. If 90% of obese people took this seriously in March 2020, we would be in a much healthier place. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

Just now, Mic09 said:

Well both my kids are athletes, in fact my daughter was just outside the top 10 sprinters in the UK for her age group a couple of years ago.  I think they're safe for the time being :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Well both my kids are athletes, in fact my daughter was just outside the top 10 sprinters in the UK for her age group a couple of years ago.  I think they're safe for the time being :D 

That's great! Maybe if you didn't have diabetes they could be in top 10..... jokes! ;)

But I hope you understand my argument is very much tongue in cheek. It's better to be vaxxed, it's better to stay healthy. It's obvious.

I just don't like to put all the blame on one group of people with different lives and different circumstances. There are many various factors in this complicated puzzle. 

I would never say you are an idiot because you don't exercise more. But I find it difficult to hear that it's ok to call someone an idiot because they don't do another thing - which is just as obvious!

• Like 1

I'm all for intelligent discussion. I like to hear opinions from both sides that are backed up by research and data. However, I do find it slightly worrying that Dr Robert Malone's interview on the JRE was immediately removed from YouTube and he was taken off Twitter. This isn't some random right-wing crackpot. He was the inventor of the original 9 mRNA vaccine patents. But because some of the stuff he said could promote vaccine hesitancy, he was immediately censored. Considering some of the stuff that is still allowed to be voiced on social media, that is just stupid.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

My coworker has lowered his standards to comparing how the unvaccinated are treated to the holocaust. Me having family who died in the holocaust finds this whole thing an absolute low that deserves a punch to the nose. He then went on to say that if it's going to be like this then we should also start dissing people who have cancer due to smoking or overeating too.

It's like they don't understand the difference between 15 minutes in a vaccination centre and contracting cancer or being gassed to death. Jesus christ.

My great grandfather who got gassed to death and my aunt who died slowly from cancer would bite his #¤"#4 hand off for a 15 minute cure to their suffering thanks. Egotistical prick.

I saw a post the other day saying that the vaccine programme is exactly the same as what Harold Shipman was doing. 

2 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I'm all for intelligent discussion. I like to hear opinions from both sides that are backed up by research and data. However, I do find it slightly worrying that Dr Robert Malone's interview on the JRE was immediately removed from YouTube and he was taken off Twitter. This isn't some random right-wing crackpot. He was the inventor of the original 9 mRNA vaccine patents. But because some of the stuff he said could promote vaccine hesitancy, he was immediately censored. Considering some of the stuff that is still allowed to be voiced on social media, that is just stupid.

My father in law used to be a fairly level headed union leader. Recently he became a racist. People change. Your man there, has repeatedly played into the misinformation and crackpot field. Regardless of the work he did previously. 

Anyone think we should stop people playing football and Rugby because they choke up A&E with all their injuries?   Take up valuable time on surgeons fixing their knees and broken necks?

If they need to exercise they could use an exercise bike...but only that because I know of quite a few road cyclists who have been knocked off and ended up in hospital.

That Billy Monger shouldn't be allowed to race either.

All these people are doing things which may see them end up using valuable medical resources and they have zero need to be doing that.

6 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

That is exactly why some people are vaccine hesitant. 

Big tech and big pharma do everything to silence any arguments from an opposing view, even if that view comes from a guy who actually helped to develop this technology that we currently enjoy.

Also, he is double Moderna vaxxed himself! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My father in law used to be a fairly level headed union leader. Recently he became a racist. People change. Your man there, has repeatedly played into the misinformation and crackpot field. Regardless of the work he did previously. 

But that's my point. His credentials would mean that surely what he has to say should be listened to and considered. He obviously has a lot of knowledge in the field. But it was immediately branded as misinformation and crackpot because it goes against the narrative? I'm about an hour in and I'm yet to hear anything that one would say is crazy.

Nutjobs on YouTube, yes. But I don't think that immediately censoring a professional who has a differing opinion is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Just now, JoshVilla said:

But that's my point. His credentials would mean that surely what he has to say should be listened to and considered. He obviously has a lot of knowledge in the field. But it was immediately branded as misinformation and crackpot because it goes against the narrative? I'm about an hour in and I'm yet to hear anything that one would say is crazy.

Nutjobs on YouTube, yes. But I don't think that immediately censoring a professional who has a differing opinion is the right thing to do.

Instead of cancelling Malone, they should sit him down on prime time TV and debate with Fauci. That would give people some perspective and knowledge. 

Now, Malone could be wrong - but he is a qualified expert so if he is, we shouldn't cancel him. We should instead present stronger scientific arguments against him. 

There is so much Big Tech/Big Pharma shithousery going on with cancelling people etc that no wonder people question the status quo. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Apparently Manchester hospital is cancelling operations now because there aren't enough staff to perform them.

Has Chris Whitty resigned for his ludicrous over reaction yet?

My father in law is in charge of social care (including care homes) in one of the London boroughs. They're having massive staffing issues and struggling to provide care to the elderly in their care homes, as well as generally struggling to provide the usual standard of care in other areas of social care.

He thinks the current rules are bollocks. He's got large numbers of fully vaccinated and boosted asymptomatic care workers who have to isolate for ten days due to getting covid rather than doing their jobs, despite the people they would be working with also being fully vaccinated and boosted. That might make sense in the case of a care home where a patient might die from Omicron even after having had three or four jabs (although it might be worth actually asking the elderly if they'd like to risk covid to get the care they want rather than making the decision for them), but it hardly makes sense for those caring for younger patients or visiting vulnerable children etc.

The alternate way of looking at what you've posted is that the NHS are being forced to cancel operations because our isolation rules weren't designed for a covid variant that can cause reinfections.

33 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have seen this type of conversion as well. I think alot of it is to do with the AI used by social media and Google etc creating advertising profiles for its users and then using it to fill their news feeds with articles that feed their curiosity and enforces certain radical pov. AI has alot to answer for and it will only get worse IMO. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone think we should stop people playing football and Rugby because they choke up A&E with all their injuries?   Take up valuable time on surgeons fixing their knees and broken necks?

If they need to exercise they could use an exercise bike...but only that because I know of quite a few road cyclists who have been knocked off and ended up in hospital.

That Billy Monger shouldn't be allowed to race either.

All these people are doing things which may see them end up using valuable medical resources and they have zero need to be doing that.

Specious analogy, I'm afraid. The number of people who end up in hospital due to sports (either with injuries or undetected heart conditions) is absolutely minute compared with those caused by unhealthy diet or smoking, and is also more than offset by the physical and mental health benefits. I understand why you're clinging to that raft, but it won't float. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Specious analogy, I'm afraid. The number of people who end up in hospital due to sports (either with injuries or undetected heart conditions) is absolutely minute compared with those caused by unhealthy diet or smoking, and is also more than offset by the physical and mental health benefits. I understand why you're clinging to that raft, but it won't float. 

it's almost like... an anti vaxxer argument! ;) 

• Confused 1

Â