Generic Virus Thread

villakram

38 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

My sister in law is in her early twenties and lives in London and was telling me today literally half her close friends have got covid in the last week.

All are double vaccinated and none of them have had any symptoms at all - I hope a large portion of the rising infections are people in a similar position.

I’m the same, loads of acquaintances all double vaxxed but not boosted and having mild symptoms. None of them caught it before.

7 minutes ago, a-k said:

Israel gearing up for 4th doses. This will make for fun twitter reading later

Eat Popcorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I wonder if any anti covid vaxxer has the flu jab every year.  I’m assuming they don’t but I was just interested given it’s likely we’ll end having annual Covid jabs going forward I assume in the same way we do with flu jabs (I know not everybody gets flu jabs).

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Double vaccination is bordering on no vaccination by all accounts with Omicron which is what they've all most likely got down there. 

Need the booster to do any good. 

Booster didn’t do shit to stop me catching the ‘cron.

Obviously still get the booster, otherwise I might have had a cold at least. But seriously I am grateful that I’m not in any way ill at all, and we have the vaccines to thank for that.

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

One of those things that sounds amusing, but there are 963,000 FTE teachers in the UK, and fewer than 4,500 OFSTED inspectors, so even if they were all qualified to teach, which many of them wouldn't be, it wouldn't make a dent.

I mean it's not like there are 963,000 vacancies. The post is joking, but 4,500 staff definitely would make a dent.

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Infections have been soaring for well over a week now but that still isn't being reflected in hospital numbers across the UK. 7801 people in hospital in UK with covid as of yesterday which is up just 1% on the week before. To put that 7801 in perspective the peak for second wave was over 39k. 

It seems where the worry is coming from is that in London 1904 people are in hospital with covid which is up 41% on the week before. I assume the concern is that may soon be replicated across the country with perhaps even worse to come everywhere. 

I guess the other concern is that while people may not need to be hospitalised if this variant continues to spread like wild fire we will have a lot of people isolating including a lot of essential workers.  

But are they in hospital with Covid, or are they in with something else, and on their admission work up were found incidentally to be positive for Covid? Given how rampant the omicron variant is in the community, it would make sense that the greater proportion of the population with Covid would be reflected in the people being admitted hospital. Also people are likely picking up Covid in hospital from the nurses and their dirty hands. The dirty bitches

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, villakram said:

This was in reference to earlier blather about how wonderful and effective the vaccines are.

So, says you then - 

Some people: The vaccines are effective.

You: The massive outbreaks in highly vaccinated locals around the world must be ignored. Instead, let's concentrate on a specific study with a specific population at a specific time in a specific area with specific issues. Then we can all feel better.

ok, well, thanks for that thought. I’m hoping it’s not one of your own, more one you heard someone else voice and you’re just trying it out for size. It doesn’t suit you.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You got any WD-40 for that cough ? 

I didn’t have a cough , just headache, night sweats and loss of smell/taste . 

Is this a method of getting high Ruge? 😉

Glad you’re feeling better mate and hope all is well 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bickster said:

No, it doesn't. You can't use models of community transmission and apply them to staff in hospitals, the world just doesn't work like that

The booster does not prevent you contracting COVID

I think the confusion is what do we mean by contracting covid.

If a few tiny particles get up your nose and your triple dose antibodies deal with it there and then - is that contracting covid ? 

Or is it covid without symptoms.? 

I'm pretty pro vaccinations. I couldn't wait to get mine.

I do hate the habit this country seems to be slipping into where a certain section of society is labelled and blame is slung in there direction.

Unvaccinated

Woke group 

Remainers 

Migrants 

Benefit claimants.  

I'm old fashioned enough to remember when govts took responsibility and governed.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think the confusion is what do we mean by contracting covid.

If a few tiny particles get up your nose and your triple dose antibodies deal with it there and then - is that contracting covid ? 

Or is it covid without symptoms.? 

Go a few pages back, to yesterday. We already had that convo and asked and answered those questions - the answers being no and no.

• Like 1

Â