Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Wont be any fans in the stadiums at the Tokyo Olympics after all. At first they were just going to ban foreign fans but now they changed it to completely empty stadiums.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Wont be any fans in the stadiums at the Tokyo Olympics after all. At first they were just going to ban foreign fans but now they changed it to completely empty stadiums.

Think I saw this morning that their daily infection rates are much less than hours. Happy to be corrected though!

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

Think I saw this morning that their daily infection rates are much less than hours. Happy to be corrected though!

Well there is only 24 hours in the day so it might be correct ;)

• Haha 1

There was a neighbourhood at the start of this year in Tokyo that went into full lockdown because they had 4 cases. They don’t mess about with it. They are in the position they are in not because of carelessness amongst the populace but because they have been slow to start the vaccine rollout but it’s huge now. Gone from 0-100mph in a matter of weeks. 

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Quarantine exemption from Amber countries will only apply to UK residents vaccinated in the UK, what an absolute **** farce.

British vaccines only, none of your untrustworthy foreign muck

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

British vaccines only, none of your untrustworthy foreign muck

Britain WILL NOT be lowering its standards

(unless there’s a trade deal to be had).

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Quarantine exemption from Amber countries will only apply to UK residents vaccinated in the UK, what an absolute **** farce.

I guess there is trouble proving who has had the vaccine abroad.  Do you have an equivalent of the NHS app?

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There's an EU-wide vaccination certificate.

Untrustworthy foreign muck init. Wouldn't wipe my arse with in, not worth the paper it's written on

Yet we fully expect the foreign curs to accept our vastly superior certificates and allow our glorious patriotic tourists to freely rampage across their towns and cities without exception. Why? Because we're British of course

• Like 2

There **** better be. I won't quarantine because I got vaccinated in another country, it's simply not happening. The EU needs to say that the NHS vaccine won't be accepted in that case.

Edited by fightoffyour

25 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There's an EU-wide vaccination certificate.

Have you got yours yet? Mine is still being corrected in some sort of Stalinist basement. 

When it's corrected I'm going to laminate it and wear it upon my girthy chest with a faux leather strap.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Have you got yours yet? Mine is still being corrected in some sort of Stalinist basement. 

When it's corrected I'm going to laminate it and wear it upon my girthy chest with a faux leather strap.

Got mine before Covid was even invented mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My daughter has been told to stay off school now until start of next term in September as they have told the whole year group (year 10) to isolate due to the amount of covid cases. I am really worried about the amount of school she has missed this last 17 months with her exams being next year. I'd hope they will make some changes to the exams as there is no way her year group can catch up in such a short space of time. 

Edited by markavfc40

Jab number 2 done today. Just hoping that the all of these vaccinations actually start impacting on the spread of the virus; whilst the hospital/death numbers are still relatively low, they are still rising. 

• Like 4

A potential unforeseen side effect of New Zealand’s COVID strategy? 

New Zealand hospitals are experiencing the payoff of “immunity debt” created by Covid-19 lockdowns, with wards flooded by babies with a potentially-deadly respiratory virus, doctors have warned.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/08/new-zealand-children-falling-ill-in-high-numbers-due-to-covid-immunity-debt  

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

For @Stefanand @fightoffyour et al. Grant Schapps just announced that they'll announce (yeah I know) a plan for vaccinated ex-pats to enter the UK in a couple of weeks

Not seen anyone in UK family for 2 years +.  I have a flight booked (in August to Brum) so just waiting for announcement 😴

• Like 1

Â