Generic Virus Thread

villakram

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

All the noises from my place are that things won’t be going back to how they were. I think a 3:2 / home:office split will happen.

The companywide messages that go out are all about coming back and collaborating again, it’s safe etc etc.

The local messages are to not bother coming in if you’re just joining teams meetings. Stay at home (unless you want to go in anyway).

My office is 3:2 split 

• Like 1

One thing I've been surprised about is the amount of remote jobs that are popping up that don't seem to have weighted the salary for it being remote. I've got a few applications pending for companies in London, offering nearly twice my salary for the same job, offering full flexibility and the recruiters have made the right noises about working from home but going to the office once or twice a month for planning/social events which is my preferred balance. Other things being equal I suspect they'll prefer local candidates, but it would be outrageous to get a London salary with a Nottingham cost of living. Can't hurt to give it a go :D 

Edited by Davkaus

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One thing I've been surprised about is the amount of remote jobs that are popping up that don't seem to have weighted the salary for it being remote. I've got a few applications pending for companies in London, offering nearly twice my salary for the same job, offering full flexibility and the recruiters have made the right noises about working from home but going to the office once or twice a month for planning/social events which is my preferred balance. Other things being equal I suspect they'll prefer local candidates, but it would be outrageous to get a London salary with a Nottingham cost of living. Can't hurt to give it a go :D 

Yeah, exactly this. I got called to see if I wanted a job that was >100K+ a year, an absolutely massively humungous increase on what I earn now. Work from home...etc.

Said no, obviously. No I really did. Don't want to work for the particular company, and other stuff.

There seems to be no rush in getting us back into the office. I've had a meeting with my boss who is more than pleased with my productivity. Had my best ever 6 months figures in H1. Doing what I do, I live and die by my numbers and at the moment, its all good. 

I'd imagine when it all washes through, i'll be in the office 1 or 2 days a month. If other people want to be in more then that'll be a decision for that individual. 

I do feel a bit for the younger staff. I've had a number of great years working in a city centre - todays youth may miss out on that. For me though, i've seen and done everything I wanted to in Brum and have no desire to spend much time there anymore. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

There seems to be no rush in getting us back into the office. I've had a meeting with my boss who is more than pleased with my productivity. Had my best ever 6 months figures in H1. Doing what I do, I live and die by my numbers and at the moment, its all good. 

I'd imagine when it all washes through, i'll be in the office 1 or 2 days a month. If other people want to be in more then that'll be a decision for that individual. 

I do feel a bit for the younger staff. I've had a number of great years working in a city centre - todays youth may miss out on that. For me though, i've seen and done everything I wanted to in Brum and have no desire to spend much time there anymore. 

Tired of Birmingham, tired of strife. 

Posted in the football thread as well, but this is probably more appropriate.

No dancing at weddings. Any event with more than 30 people still needs a risk assessment. Exercise classes still aren't allowed except in groups of 6 or fewer.

Meanwhile:

1lnw6kqxbma71.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=8440e85968199d33867af69da14041b070cb618f

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess cases will go crazy for a week or so now because of the Euro’s, then hopefully settle down as things things like schools are closed. 

Ah but schools aren't a factor in transmission at all, remember?

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

Yup, I remember.

The fact that there’s barely any year groups still at school currently suggests otherwise. My children’s school has years 2,3,5&6 all isolating currently.

5 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Haha, a mate in work has just had to self-isolate because his kid has just tested positive. Three girls turned up, all three coughing all morning. Two tested positive, the other parents refused to get her tested. My mates son, tested positive. Thats all four of them self isolating for ten days, my mate has been double jabbed and also had Covid once too. The child who tested positive is also on his second dose of Covid now. (also displaying absolutely no symptoms)

Sorry my point was that in that one class at least 6 they know of already have tested positive and one pretty much nailed on case that isn't going to get tested., nah schools aren't a source of infection at all

• Like 1

whats the cheapest PCR test people know of in the midlands?

Im looking at coming back with the wife and daughter if they put us on the green list but the testing is looking like 1 before we go (3 x £50) 1 after 2 days (3 x £150) 1 before we go back (3 x £150) 1 when we get back (3 x £50)

safe to say theres absolutely not a **** chance of that happening 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Im looking at coming back with the wife and daughter if they put us on the green list but the testing is looking like 1 before we go (3 x £50) 1 after 2 days (3 x £150) 1 before we go back (3 x £150) 1 when we get back (3 x £50)

I think I remember TUI saying they’d arrange and sort the PCR tests for its customers for a fixed price. Not sure if that was actually put into place or not. 
Looks like you can pay TUI £20 and they sort it out. That’s holidays from the UK. Not sure if it applies to flights from Germany, but as a German company hopefully they have something in place.

More info

Helping you with COVID-19 testing

Page last updated at 12:55 on 12/07/2021

We’re doing everything we can to make testing as easy and affordable as possible for you. Check this page regularly for all the latest on how we can help you with testing. We also recommend you sign up for FCDO travel advice email alerts, so you automatically receive the latest travel advice updates and travel requirements for the destinations you want to know about.

EXCLUSIVE TESTING PACKAGES FROM CHRONOMICS

We’ve teamed up with government-authorised providers Chronomics to offer easy and affordable testing packages for all TUI package holiday customers this summer. 

They’re available from just £20 per person with delivery and return costs for the tests included in the price.

You can now purchase tests for holidays departing up until the end of October.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Try these based in West Bromwich. It is £49 each for the day 2 PCR tests https://www.assuredscreening.com/postal-tests/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ve teamed up with government-authorised providers Chronomics to offer easy and affordable testing packages for all TUI package holiday customers this summer. 

Slight flaw there

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Slight flaw there

On the same link they also have something for flight only. 

OUR OTHER TESTING PARTNERS

We’ve teamed up with testing providers Klarity, Screen4 and Randox, who we’ve vetted for quality for your peace of mind. These testing kits are available to TUI package, flight-only and accommodation-only customers. 

Obviously this will be aimed at Brits but as a German company I’d expect they have something in place.

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Posted in the football thread as well, but this is probably more appropriate.

No dancing at weddings. Any event with more than 30 people still needs a risk assessment. Exercise classes still aren't allowed except in groups of 6 or fewer.

Meanwhile:

1lnw6kqxbma71.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=8440e85968199d33867af69da14041b070cb618f

Yep, my daughter saw those Wembley scenes and is incensed that she still isn't allowed to go to her kid's primary school sports day. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yep, my daughter saw those Wembley scenes and is incensed that she still isn't allowed to go to her kid's primary school sports day. 

Same with us. They said it’s cancelled because up to 200 people on the school field is unsafe. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Â