Generic Virus Thread

villakram

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Obviously this is all groundless speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if / when thus starts to feel over, any goodwill is quickly forgotten because people just want to forget about it. 

It's not the end of World War II, but using it as a comparison anyway- the public were famously very reluctant to reward the then-Prime Minister in electoral support. 

It'll be interesting to see it play out, but the biggest problem the current lot have is that they are incapable half-wits. If anything, the pandemic has given them a curtain behind which they can hide their incompetence. When they can't blame things on the pandemic because in the eyes of the public, the pandemic is over - but they are still having to deal with the consequences of it, the curtain will be lowered and what's on the other side might not be all that attractive. 

The only real question is if the opposition parties are in any way capable of capitalising on it.

A couple of weeks ago one of them was on the radio and referenced ‘Gordon Brown’s Economic Crash’ as the reason some project or other was underfunded.

They’ll have covid payback as an excuse for a decade.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A couple of weeks ago one of them was on the radio and referenced ‘Gordon Brown’s Economic Crash’ as the reason some project or other was underfunded.

They’ll have covid payback as an excuse for a decade.

Small-picture economic stuff, sure. They'll cut to the bone the last few things that they haven't already stolen.

I was thinking more big-picture, cut-through stuff. Deporting Marcus Rashford. Invading Ireland. The sort of crazy schemes that only the worst politicians in the country would think of. 

17 hours ago, Genie said:

A bunch of parents wouldn’t release their children for football training tonight. Several had just finished isolating and were trying to avoid another spell as they approach the last couple of weeks of primary school.

The coach has cancelled training for the next few weeks for this reason.

and now we have the boy at home. At least one positive test in his year group so now they are all isolating for 10 days.

If he’s lucky they’ll get 3 more days of primary education.

His school has now shut years 2,5&6. 

This delta variant is going after the youngsters like nothing that has come before. Luckily it doesn’t seem to make them poorly.

If the plan from Boris is to take this head on then I’m not sure what the point of isolating for 10 days is with all the issues that come with it.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

I went to 7 a side last night and we struggled for numbers so a few mates of mates turned up.  Standing and waiting to go on the pitch, I learned one of the new guys went down to a protest in London over the weekend to protest about the restrictions and "the hoax it all is".

Yes.. He was a thick as turd yam yam.

Very happily, a few of the other players gave him a gentle ribbing about how retarded he is.

"But nah man, it was MASSIVE, thousands and thousands - but they won't put it on the media because it's all biased ay it?!" 

**** off you thick **** tramp. 

• Like 4

People just wanna do stuff they are told not to do. 

Which is why the attempts to stop protesting will backfire massively.

What the government should do is setup an official protest and I bet nobody would turn up.

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Boris is the PM that gets things done.

First Brexit, then the vaccine rollout, now back to normality. 

Hip hip, hooray!

You are forgetting about impregnating women!

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You are forgetting about impregnating women!

If we sent him to live in a luxury field so he could rut all day. I think it would be a fitting end to his political career.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I went to 7 a side last night and we struggled for numbers so a few mates of mates turned up.  Standing and waiting to go on the pitch, I learned one of the new guys went down to a protest in London over the weekend to protest about the restrictions and "the hoax it all is".

Yes.. He was a thick as turd yam yam.

Very happily, a few of the other players gave him a gentle ribbing about how retarded he is.

"But nah man, it was MASSIVE, thousands and thousands - but they won't put it on the media because it's all biased ay it?!" 

**** off you thick **** tramp. 

I've mentioned my mate who was a massive skeptic and ended up just about avoiding intensive care when he caught it.  He picked me up the other day to go for dinner and he didn't have his seatbelt on, he said he didn't believe in the government telling him what to do so won't wear one and even has this fake seatbelt gizmo you can stick in so the car doesn't beep at you for not wearing it.  I swear he is trying to win the Darwin award.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've mentioned my mate who was a massive skeptic and ended up just about avoiding intensive care when he caught it.  He picked me up the other day to go for dinner and he didn't have his seatbelt on, he said he didn't believe in the government telling him what to do so won't wear one and even has this fake seatbelt gizmo you can stick in so the car doesn't beep at you for not wearing it.  I swear he is trying to win the Darwin award.

He probably knows someone that survived a car crash because he wasn’t wearing a belt.

Avoids the data for the thousands and thousands of lives they save each year.

My sister in law is getting a very hard time for refusing a vaccine. “What’s the point, someone I work with is double jabbed and still caught it”.

No words.

• Like 1

A friend of mine is one of those people that swallow Qanon.He believes that the virus is all a big hoax,he says what it really is a way for the government to control its citizens.Apparently this is not just an Ozzie thing,all the governments around the world have agreed to this scheme ?! 

33 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Frickin heck. What's his pleasant side that makes you want him as a mate? He's coming across as a complete tool. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

and now we have the boy at home. At least one positive test in his year group so now they are all isolating for 10 days.

If he’s lucky they’ll get 3 more days of primary education.

His school has now shut years 2,5&6. 

This delta variant is going after the youngsters like nothing that has come before. Luckily it doesn’t seem to make them poorly.

If the plan from Boris is to take this head on then I’m not sure what the point of isolating for 10 days is with all the issues that come with it.

Luckily my kids school hasn’t had any cases since the Delta variant took over. As you say luckily it’s still not effecting kids in terms of making them poorly . Regarding this variant going after them more, I think that’s purely down to the fact it’s more contagious, so you’ll have more cases among kids. Not sure where I read this, it may have been on here or on the net, and this could be down to vaccines , but I read this Delta variant is supposedly less deadly . Then I also read that the variant in Peru is the deadliest yet and WHO have marked it as a variant of interest .

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

People like that really get under my skin.

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Then I also read that the variant in Peru is the deadliest yet and WHO have marked it as a variant of interest .

DO we have a Free trade Deal with Peru in the offing? If so, be VERY concerned

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

DO we have a Free trade Deal with Peru in the offing? If so, be VERY concerned

Peru sends it's citizens regardless of trade deals, which has had significant impact on the marmalade economy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Frickin heck. What's his pleasant side that makes you want him as a mate? He's coming across as a complete tool. 

He is genuinely a nice guy who is always there if I need anything.  I think that's what makes all the manipulation of social media all the more worrying, I'd like to think I get through to him on some stuff but once they hook people in one thing it's a slippery slope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

People like that really get under my skin.

I think you are confusing them with Surgeons?

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

Â