Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

whats the cheapest PCR test people know of in the midlands?

Im looking at coming back with the wife and daughter if they put us on the green list but the testing is looking like 1 before we go (3 x £50) 1 after 2 days (3 x £150) 1 before we go back (3 x £150) 1 when we get back (3 x £50)

safe to say theres absolutely not a **** chance of that happening 

Use this. Should be about £50 for the day 2 tests, so a big saving but still expensive in total.

https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider

• Like 1

What I heard on the radio was, some of you are going to die, tough shit. We're also going to blame you for your own deaths because you had no common sense and went back to work when we told you to, you effing idiots*

(*wasn't what was actually said)

23 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Posted in the football thread as well, but this is probably more appropriate.

No dancing at weddings. Any event with more than 30 people still needs a risk assessment. Exercise classes still aren't allowed except in groups of 6 or fewer.

Meanwhile:

1lnw6kqxbma71.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=8440e85968199d33867af69da14041b070cb618f

It's kind of funny seeing this and then seeing the match ball be driven to the pitch by a remote controlled toy car.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's kind of funny seeing this and then seeing the match ball be driven to the pitch by a remote controlled toy car.

Who was the guy who carried the trophy? He looked absolutely terrified.

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

Who was the guy who carried the trophy? He looked absolutely terrified.

Former Swansea star Eder, scored the winner in the final in 2016.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Thanks 1

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte has apologised for "an error of judgement" in scrapping most coronavirus restrictions in the country.

The easing three weeks ago led to infection levels surging to their highest this year as nightlife resumed for large numbers of young people.

Curbs on bars, restaurants and nightclubs were reimposed on Friday.

Previously Mr Rutte had refused to take any blame for the opening up, describing it as a "logical step".

On Saturday, the country's public health institute reported more than 10,000 new Covid cases, the highest number in a single day since December.

We’ll be alright though.

Link

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

What do the hospitalisation and death rates look like?

Enough for the Dutch to go back and reintroduce restrictions.

Hopefully we have more capacity in the UK.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Enough for the Dutch to go back and reintroduce restrictions.

Hopefully we have more capacity in the UK.

Seems like that key info isn't there, makes me think they're relocking down on cases alone...

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Still, something about living with it.

And the alternative? Restrictions forever?

And by that, I don't mean the situation is black and white, but there seems to be something else each week. Be it variants, vaccine efficiacy, whatever else. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And the alternative? Restrictions forever?

Take a step back. There’s no absolutes here. It’s not “forever restrictions v no restrictions”. It’s “is now really the exactly right time to remove all measures to protect vulnerable folk in the uk”. We know in the uk the pandemic is rapidly growing. We know in the last week 3100 people were sent to hospital with it a 56% increase on the week before. Same increase in deaths. 56%. It’s not the numbers it was, but it’s not gone away. Dealing with what it is, isn’t binary .

• Like 1

You've got a very effectively transmissive virus, which we don't have a silver bullet for and the closest thing we have to a silver bullet is only so in a very specific set of circumstances that aren't going to happen. It will spread and mutate. Even when vaccinated, it's nasty. It has a secondary longer lasting effect we don't fully understand in a number of people.

The fact of the matter is this isn't conducive with just going back to normal. We are, for the foreseeable, going to have periods where we will lock down to one event or another, and open up. Opening up as we are next week is foolish, on current events, but we'll do it because they want to chance their arm while the germ factories are shut.

I'd dearly love to go back to normal. I've barely left the house in 18 months and I've been with my partner for 2hrs in that time - we watched TV at opposite ends of the settee with the window open. But it ain't happening. Pandora's box is open.

• Like 2

The boy is half way through his 10 day isolation and the girl came home from school yesterday full of “cold”. We did a test and it was negative but she’s no better today so keeping her home as a precaution too.

Â