Generic Virus Thread

villakram

My other daughter now not well. Same again, headache and high temperature. There’s some others at the same school who are also not well with same symptoms. It doesn’t seem to be Covid though. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My other daughter now not well. Same again, headache and high temperature. There’s some others at the same school who are also not well with same symptoms. It doesn’t seem to be Covid though. 

There's some nasty non-covid bugs 'going round' in schools as far as I can see. Doubtless made worse than they otherwise would be by kids defenses being weaker after so long not spending time around other dirty kids.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's some nasty non-covid bugs 'going round' in schools as far as I can see. Doubtless made worse than they otherwise would be by kids defenses being weaker after so long not spending time around other dirty kids.

Yep, certainly makes sense . The lad I work with his 3 kids are the same and again non Covid .

7 hours ago, Genie said:

and now we have the boy at home. At least one positive test in his year group so now they are all isolating for 10 days.

If he’s lucky they’ll get 3 more days of primary education.

His school has now shut years 2,5&6. 

This delta variant is going after the youngsters like nothing that has come before. Luckily it doesn’t seem to make them poorly.

Which is madness why they are sending whole years home in school. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I've never had a covid test of any kind. Am I the odd one out?

Nope

I’ve also never had a ping off my phone, had the app from the start, done 10’s of thousands of miles visiting building sites north, east, south and west.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

No. Never done a test (my wife did one), never had covid or been ill at all in the past year, never installed the app in the first place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No. Never done a test (my wife did one), never had covid or been ill at all in the past year, never installed the app in the first place.

Absolutely the same except the missus (who works in the nhs) has never had a test either

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Had my first one last week to go to the football. Need to do one again on Sunday for the same reason. Otherwise, I’d be in your camp. 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

No, but the Kleenex box slippers and bottles of piss lying around are becoming a bit of a problem..

We'll take the Spruce Moose - YouTube

Time to leave the flat mate!

• Haha 3

The place i was going to get my 2nd jab at (0.5 miles from home) on 8th August now doing walk ins for 2nd jabs if 6 weeks (reduced from 8 weeks) after the first from Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

The place i was going to get my 2nd jab at (0.5 miles from home) on 8th August now doing walk ins for 2nd jabs if 6 weeks (reduced from 8 weeks) after the first from Saturday.

Sod that, as if I'd walk half a mile. I'll wait until I can drive there on my original appointment day

• Haha 1

Â