Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Bought the raw ingredients to make alcohol-based hand sanitiser from Amazon.  Basically surgical spirit and aloe vera gel.  Bought a load of little squeezy bottles as well, so going to make some for when I go to London and have to travel by tube, and give the rest to the neighbours, quite a few of whom are getting on a bit.

• Like 4

Toilet paper had completely sold out in the Sainsburys I was in yesterday, cereals were also running really low, Weetabix had completely run out, I only recognized that it was weetabix that had sold out because there was a card in front of the empty space on the shelf that said 'weetabix'.

Edited by useless

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Couldn't get **** bagels earlier in Aldi. Don't know what I am going to do tomorrow. 

End of days!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, useless said:

Toilet paper had completely sold out in the Sainsburys I was in yesterday, cereals were also running really low, Weetabix had completely run out, I only recognized that it was weetabix that had sold out because there was a card in front of the empty space on the shelf that said 'weetabix'.

So people are wiping their arses on Weetabix now. The worlds gone mad I tells ya! 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Risso said:

Bought the raw ingredients to make alcohol-based hand sanitiser from Amazon.  Basically surgical spirit and aloe vera gel.  Bought a load of little squeezy bottles as well, so going to make some for when I go to London and have to travel by tube, and give the rest to the neighbours, quite a few of whom are getting on a bit.

I salute you

k45yt32wm820161.jpg

1 hour ago, sne said:

Italian authorities are expected to decide on Saturday night to ban entry and exit without special reasons from Lombardy, Reuters writes.

Another 11 provinces in regions in the worst-affected areas of Veneto, Emilia Romagna and Piedmont are to be subject to the same travel ban, according to Reuters.

Residents in the areas covered by the regulation are urged to move around only to meet basic work needs, or in an emergency, reports SVT.

Not quite China levels perhaps but still extraordinary.

8370A501-4CA3-48EE-BD93-57CE83164488.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Have I missed something with this whole toilet paper thing?

Does the virus give you rampant shits?

Or was it just mentioned by someone and now that’s a self perpetuating panic buying because other people are panic buying?

I’m not sure the type of thicko that buys all the hand gel so nobody else can wash their hands has really done any deep thinking. Ever.

Yep it’s crazy, really don’t understand. Unless I’ve missed an article where mummification is the only way to survive? 

Can’t help but be impressed by Chinese construction methods.

Hotel built in 2018 and currently being used for people in quarantine has collapsed.

BBC  

Chinese state media says the hotel was being used as a quarantine facility monitoring people who had had close contact with coronavirus patients.

The hotel reportedly opened in 2018 and had 80 guest rooms. 

_111175620_060489282-1.jpg

Sky News

He said that because toilet paper has a longer shelf-life than many food items, is prominently featured in aisles and is big in size, we are psychologically drawn to purchasing it in times of crisis.

He said: "The bigger they are, the more important we think they are.

"If we had an international sign for panic it would be a traffic warning sign with a toilet paper roll in the middle."

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â