The Royal Family

Genie

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Do we think it’s likely they’ll cancel this weekend’s Premier League fixtures? I can see it to be honest, I don’t agree that they should however. Pay your respects if you wish to but don’t assume that the whole nation is in mourning. 

I’m in the mourning,  because if that happens Gerard will keep his job for another week 🤬

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Ok, I haven't studied brainwashing.

It's very weird from the outside. e.g under one of the BBC videos. "Her reign saw the world change dramatically but she remained a constant presence in the lives of the people of the UK and Commonwealth."

Did anyone in the UK and Commonwealth have any choice about that? She was essentially foisted upon them by tradition and told to accept it by the media. It just seems very weird to me in 2022.

Not anywhere close to as weird as a BBC report I saw earlier that said we were lucky to live in her reign. I'm pretty much ambivalent to The Royals, but really? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

So her family were told she was very sick, and stayed put. Then that she’d died, and they stayed put. Then a few hours later waited for an announcement from the Palace before rushing up to Scotland in an RAF jet? Really?

Royal protocols regards the death of a monarch kicks in. They have to follow protocols, government involvement, home office, security services etc. All involved. 

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's not top secret . You can read the general layout of it on Wikipedia. They even spoke about it in parliament in 2017.   I was told about it whilst in the Army during the 90's .

Not really sure how you can so confidently dismiss something you didn't know about until 2 minutes ago ?

Is it documented that there is a protocol stating her immediate family must not visit her when she falls ill or dies? If so what is the logic behind it? Why would all of the official communications state that she died much later than she actually died?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who the hell thought of that name? Jesus

The Queen herself I presume, they didn't make the plans behind her back, as Brumerican says they've been in place for decades and she was integral to the Planning. The overall plan was Operation London Bridge with Operation Unicorn for if she died in Scotland. There's also Operation Spring Tide for Charles Ascension to the throne

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Royal protocols regards the death of a monarch kicks in. They have to follow protocols, government involvement, home office, security services etc. All involved. 

I don’t doubt for a second there are protocols around these kind of things. Just that it doesn’t make any sense that the protocol is “don’t visit your dying mum / gran when she’s on her death bed”.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

An absurdly rich nonagenarian woman dies of natural causes in the comfort of one of her several mansions. 

Meanwhile, uncountable number of nonagenarian (and younger) women and men who live in poverty die in miserable 'care' homes, damp flats or on hospital trollies, every year. 

I know what I think ought to be the bigger story, dominate the media and move people to outpourings of grief. 

Like @TheAuthority says, people are brainwashed. 

The energy crises was described on the BBC earlier as ‘insignificant’ in comparison.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

And it's very much part of the way they are brought up. The Firm is paramount. Stiff upper lip, showing emotion is weakness, etc. Philip was bullied at Gordonstoun, so what did he do? Sent his son to Gordonstoun. They're a cold-blooded lot. 

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

Is it documented that there is a protocol stating her immediate family must not visit her when she falls ill or dies? If so what is the logic behind it? Why would all of the official communications state that she died much later than she actually died?

But you are basing that from what the media has told you .  The media itself is a huge part of Operation Unicorn so if you take that at face value you will be stuck in loop .

One of the primary reasons for delaying the news is to allow the nations workforce to be home and off the roads before finding out . That's the level of thinking that goes into an Operation like this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just that it doesn’t make any sense that the protocol is “don’t visit your dying mum / gran when she’s on her death bed”.

Totally par for the course. 

They're not like us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t doubt for a second there are protocols around these kind of things. Just that it doesn’t make any sense that the protocol is “don’t visit your dying mum / gran when she’s on her death bed”.

ok but there's also the logistics of getting the planes etc ready, pulling the royals from whatever commitments they were doing at the time and getting them all on the same plane at the same time.

and as others have suggested, there's a very good chance she died this morning or even overnight so there was no dying mum/gran on her death bet to be visited. in fact, the lack of urgency in getting up there could suggest this to be the most probable scenario

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im **** getting married on the 17th !

I got married on the day of Princess Di's funeral. 

In the run up people were asking me if we were going to cancel. It hadn't even crossed my mind till people started asking. 

She died on the night of Mrs Sidcows hen party although I don't believe the two things are connected.  Her Chief Bridesmaid delivered her safely home in her Fiat Uno the very next morning. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â