The Royal Family

Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Classic conspiracy theorist quote. 

Presented with evidence / fact from someone who knows first hand.

“how do we know that’s true?” 

Where's the evidence? How is it fact? What are you talking about? 

• Haha 1

I got the impression it’s sociopath vs a lot of sociopaths. I have sympathy for Meghan and believe 99% of what she says is true but some of that interview definitely involved a script she’s mentally had and practiced for a while. Doesn’t change nor overshadow what she has been through mind and anything that potentially disrupts the most privileged family in the world is only a good thing. I feel for the grandkids though. They are gonna grow up, learn about all this and feel like they don’t belong. Bet Andy is loving all this though.  

56 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the cynic in me says this was staged. i refuse to watch but it wouldn't surprise me if GMB ratings have gone through the roof. he makes headlines daily now and i reckon they're trying to make more by encouraging his daily rants. yes you have a few people tweeting about how they're turning off and can't bear to watch, but i reckon a good number of people that don't usually watch have started tuning in to see what he says/does next

Yep, he's a hit. His job is to remain relevant and do so by acting outlandish and saying controversial things. He's one of the best in the business at it, no doubt. Sometimes you'll agree with him, sometimes you wont. 

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep, he's a hit. His job is to remain relevant and do so by acting outlandish and saying controversial things. He's one of the best in the business at it, no doubt. Sometimes you'll agree with him, sometimes you wont. 

He's like Durham, he's a professional troll and very good at it

What him walking off shouldn't distract from though is the opening minute of the show when he "jovially" went after the Co host due to the length of her skirt

He is a horrible man, absolute word removed, part of the UKs problem 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Genie said:

This is how it seemed to go down in a nutshell (their side of the story).

All is pretty well until Megan got pregnant. 

They (the Palace officials) said the child would not be getting any kind of title (and therefore no security, despite the very high level of risk). Pretty sure William’s kids all have titles?

Un-named people are concerned about how dark the child’s skin will be.

There is also an old tradition/convention thing where (from George V or something like that) which states that all of the reigning monarchs grandchildren who don’t already have titles, get them. They say that plans were in progress to get that updated so that when Charles takes over their child(ren) don’t get titles.

Megan was basically cut out of conversations and wasn’t allowed out of the house. She said she asked permission to have lunch with a friend and was denied. She left the house only twice in 5 months because they said “she was everywhere” (in the press).

Megan becomes suicidal and is having suicidal thoughts. She begs to be allowed to get help / go to hospital but is denied. The Royal Family are obsessed with how things look in the media.

Harry eventually takes things into his own hands, after consulting the Queen many times (which goes against the stories he blind sided her) he agrees to move to another commonwealth country to continue his work for her, but with space from the British media and trappings of the “firm”.

They stated there were plenty of other Royals operating this way.

Then the Royal family remove his security completely, even though he was born into it and has a lot of threats against him. Megan begs for them to keep protecting Harry even if they won’t protect her and Archie, they decline.

Then they cut his pay completely.

They have to leave the house in Canada because the security has gone and the Daily Mail have posted where they live. They are extremely worried and have no plan.

They move to a place in California that some rich media guy said they could stop at and he would put his security in place for them. 3 months later they buy a house and have to strike the deals with Netflix and Spotify to earn money in their new lifestyle. 

Harry has had all of his titles, including military titles stripped.

Seems like a good summary based on what I saw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

What about Princess Eugenie? She's a grandchild rather than great-grandchild, but if you read the rest of @Genie's post you can see that they'd been told that a convention dating back generations, whereby the monarch's grandchildren automatically become titled, was to be changed before Charles takes the throne so as to exclude Archie.

Zara Phillips isn't

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What him walking off shouldn't distract from though is the opening minute of the show when he "jovially" went after the Co host due to the length of her skirt

The thing is, people on social media will be loving the fact he's walked off....'Look, Look, we made him leave! We won!'. But that's all part of it isn't it? It's part of the performance. It will only keep them coming back for more Piers Morgan and whilst they think this is a win, it's actually a loss - it makes him even more popular in the long run!

Whether you like him or not, he's very smart, and he has most people right where he wants them. 

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

What about Princess Eugenie? She's a grandchild rather than great-grandchild, but if you read the rest of @Genie's post you can see that they'd been told that a convention dating back generations, whereby the monarch's grandchildren automatically become titled, was to be changed before Charles takes the throne so as to exclude Archie.

I dunno about a script, but she's had a long time to run through what she wants to say about how she feels. She's an actress, so will be good at delivery, and will have had media training to make her adept at handling any left-field line of questioning. They will also likely have had visibility of the questions well in advance of the interview.

*definitely. They'd have been preparing these answers for weeks. The whole thing was scripted. Oprah's faux shock was laughable. She knew the answers to the questions before she'd even heard them. 

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Zara Phillips isn't

26 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

the grandchildren can only be titled if both parents are. mark phillips refused a title therefore their kids cant have one. similarly princess eugenies fella, for whatever reason, was not given a title upon his marriage therefore their newborn grandchild cannot be titled.

with both harry and megan being given titles, it's therefore odd that their children were not

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

*definitely. They'd have been preparing these answers for weeks. The whole thing was scripted. Oprah's faux shock was laughable. She knew the answers to the questions before she'd even heard them. 

that works both ways, they have the safety net of oprah never going too far down a path they dont want to, she and her team will at least have the pre agreed "dynamite" headlines that they've worked on with their team

both parties got exactly what they wanted from the interview (not seen anything on viewing figures but they must be huge)

but compare that with piers seeing as we're also talking about him, his tactic over shouting over the guest in order to drown out anything interesting they have to say, leaving the viewer with his opinion dominating over anything else, im not sure why anyone would want to be interviewed by him

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the grandchildren can only be titled if both parents are. mark phillips refused a title therefore their kids cant have one. similarly princess eugenies fella, for whatever reason, was not given a title upon his marriage therefore their newborn grandchild cannot be titled.

with both harry and megan being given titles, it's therefore odd that their children were not

Metro

The monarch has the option of offering titles to her daughter’s children and the Queen did offer Princess Anne this chance when both Peter and Zara were born.

Princess Anne and her husband, Mark Phillips declined the offer, whilst Mark was also offered an earldom upon their marriage but he turned it down too.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

(Should preface this by saying I don't actually watch the show, but . . .)

It seems to me to possibly be an example of a phenomenon I first noticed in Guardian opinion columnists, where they become 'Too Big To Edit'; when she used to write for them, Suzanne Moore's op-eds often didn't even make much sense on their own terms, but it seemed like, for whatever reason, there was no editor who felt confident enough to tell her to 'rip it up and start again'. In the same way, Morgan's increasingly desperate attention-seeking - which as you say, seems to be accompanied by him *behaving* like a boor rather than just *talking* like one - doesn't seem to be being reined in by the producers at all, and that's going to create some very perverse incentives about what he can and can't do in the eternal pursuit of staying trending.

I want my son to have as normal childhood as possible. Of course in order for that to happen I need him to be called prince and have a 24hr global security detail paid for by the taxpayer.

I also hate publicity and the media so I'm going to move the epicentre of global celebrity, get Elton John on my new podcast and give an interview to the most famous woman in America.

does not sound insane schitts creek GIF by CBC

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I want my son to have as normal childhood as possible. Of course in order for that to happen I need him to be called prince and have a 24hr global security detail paid for by the taxpayer.

I also hate publicity and the media so I'm going to move the epicentre of global celebrity, get Elton John on my new podcast and give an interview to the most famous woman in America.

does not sound insane schitts creek GIF by CBC

I can sympathise with the personal struggle and the pain that she went through, if you have £1 or £1million the mental health does not discriminate.

But what you summarised  is what I have a problem with.

They talked about planning this for 2 years - did security not come up in any conversations over 2 years? 

They talk about stepping down as senior royals - why should we pay for them if they don't represent the Crown?

They want their son to be free - why even bring up the royal title conversation?

They talked about media destroying them - why not live in peace in California and how about, I don't know, don't have the most media driven interview in years?

The royal household has some serious problems, and these issues should be dealt with. But I just don't get the behaviour of Harry and Meghan in conducting this clearly scripted interview caused to build shock rather than to give any context. 

• Like 3

Â