VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

12 minutes ago, veloman said:

I really went to see Wizzard's first B/ham gig 'cos I knew the keyboard player.

Bill Hunt? I used to work with his sister. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Bill Hunt? I used to work with his sister. 

Yep , that's him ! Plays :- keyboards, French Horn and bass (he has/had a Hofner Violin as per McCartney). Played with him a couple of times - brilliant musician - way out of my league.

6 minutes ago, veloman said:

Yep , that's him ! Plays :- keyboards, French Horn and bass (he has/had a Hofner Violin as per McCartney). Played with him a couple of times - brilliant musician - way out of my league.

Sandra Hunt was a smashing lass, sadly I've lost touch with her. She told me a great story of how when they were at school, Bill used to bring his mate Steve back to their parents' house, and he'd play their mum's piano and belt out Ray Charles numbers - much to Sandra's annoyance while she was trying to do her homework. So she has the distinction of being one of the few people to have told Steve Winwood to shut up and stop singing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great Story. Not sure where in Great Barr Bill lived but Steve Winwood lived in Atlantic Road IIRC. Bill studied music at B/ham School of Music (I think it was)  - he could sight read fly shit. After leaving Wizzard , he obtained a Teaching Certificate and worked as a peripatetic music teacher. I was privileged to play on the same stage as him. I've lost touch with him too but believe he has retired from gigging.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Ricky Valance, Welsh pop singer of hits such as Tell Laura I Love Her, has died. 

Used to get him confused with Ritchie Valens. 

3 hours ago, choffer said:

RIP Bob. 

078CDAB2-050B-46BF-86BE-9C3655B12C27.jpeg

Wow. I knew this would happen eventually but it's still very sad.

James Bowen must be in bits. That cat really did save his life.

Edited by rjw63
Ridiculous typo thanks to spastic autocorrect
  • Like 2

Yet another K-pop star dead, Yohan from a band called TST.

Yeah, never heard of him either but in hindsight I should have gone K-pop instead of codeine-rappers with my list. They are dropping like flies

Â